💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why did you choose to stan for Gaga as opposed to another artist?

Katie14

Featured Posts

Shadow

It was right around her days of late Paparazzi promotion and leading up to her Fame Monster and Monster Ball launch, topped with a jaw dropping performance at the VMAs of 2009, that she went from a mild curiosity to a major obsession for me. 

I researched her and found  numerous qualities that I admired in her and found her personality, though very different from me, was very familiar to me coming from an Italian background.  I was largely attracted to her, but I also saw and respected her fierce determination, bold attitude, and a vast heart with plenty of volumes poured out on stage.  

Her story of enigma and mystery kept me coming back for more, to see what she stood for, her inspiration, her direction, the size of her ambitions, and the reach of her effect on society.  It was also the risks that she took that I found remarkable and she still came out a winner no matter how much her critics tried to pin anything on her.  I liked how she pissed people off and didn't care what people thought from her fashion statements to her political and cultural views made public.

I think she is far more intelligent that people give her credit for, just by checking her references from music, art, fashion, theatre, satire, and literature.  Substance seems hard to find in pop in general, but she managed to make commentaries about society with her work that communicated on different levels of perspective and context.

Silence those demons... . 🖤

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Spock

Because the Monster Ball blew me away and is the best thing I have ever seen. I don't know how to explain it, but the electricity in the air was so real that night. Her energy, her voice, the crowd reaction and interaction, the songs. My then fourteen year old gay self could not take it :giveup: 

I loved Gaga's music since Just Dance came out but never really payed attention or stanned before seeing her that first time in 2010. The rest is history

who will love me when the night is over

It's not the little monster who chooses Lady Gaga, OP. It's not always clear why, but I think it is clear that we can expect great things from her. After all, legends who came before her did great thing, wonderful things, yes, but great.

Archived