Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Should Gaga top Katy's record?

Creyk

Featured Posts

Versace

Instead of trying to beat the Bad/TD record I think it'd be cool for her to beat the Rhythm Nation record. 7 top 5 singles from one album janet got back in 1989-91. Gaga would have to release 8 singles though. 

Gaga has already almost technically done this with TF/TFM if you consider it one album. She had 6 top 5 singles, 7 top 6 singles. 

​1989 by Taylor has potential to tie that record , also this is more realistic for Gaga since she's had a lot of top 5s , so if LG5 gets one number hit and follows with 7 top 5 hits it'll be amazing.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PartySick

I can't see Gaga trying for a number one tbh. Like, yeah, she's happy when it happens but she doesn't make music for the charts or the success, which is what I value most in her :yes: 

Can she do it? Oh yeah! Will she? That's up to the GP to decide :shrug: 

💚

Kacey Elizabeth

Instead of trying to beat the Bad/TD record I think it'd be cool for her to beat the Rhythm Nation record. 7 top 5 singles from one album janet got back in 1989-91. Gaga would have to release 8 singles though. 

Gaga has already almost technically done this with TF/TFM if you consider it one album. She had 6 top 5 singles, 7 top 6 singles. 

The question here is, will Gaga even release at least 6 singles from her next album? :gum:

Your Candy Perfume Girl

Serendipity

The question here is, will Gaga even release at least 6 singles from her next album? :gum:

​Well she did release 5 with The Fame and Born This Way:gum:

See talent here-->http://bit.ly/2eqeUxK

Kacey Elizabeth

​Well she did release 5 with The Fame and Born This Way:gum:

The Fame had 5 singles? I don't think that Eh, Eh (Nothing Else I Can Say) was a official single released in all countries, though.

Your Candy Perfume Girl

Kacey Elizabeth

I love Gaga and I wish her nothing but the best with her next era, but thinking or saying that she could top Katy's record is... Just no. :laughga:

Your Candy Perfume Girl

Creyk

Maybe Gaga could just make an album not driven by competition. I'd rather hear her say "I created this and it means a lot to me because it was inspired by things I care about," rather than "I made this to upstage the competition and beat Katy's #1's record."

​so you mean Born This Way?

Creyk

I love Gaga and I wish her nothing but the best with her next era, but thinking or saying that she could top Katy's record is... Just no. :laughga:

​A stan can dream though

I just want my second fave to be successful since my main fave is very determined about not promoting anything and making music radio wont play :messga:

Lucas

she should but she can't... if the next lead single hits #1 it will be enough

LeoFameMonster

​dude C2C live is nothing but covers:deadbanana:

Really, are we really comparing Great American Standards to singing pop covers.

IMO Singing Pop covers at your pop concert is not the same as doing a Jazz album made up of historic songs written by historic writers with a jazz legend Tony. 

:kissga: maybe you see the comparisons but I don't and I doubt many people consider C2C just a cover album. Its a jazz album made up of Jazz standards made by famous jazz composers but in your words C2C is nothing but covers.

I think it's almost 100% impossible for now. Taylor did not achieve that with 1989 (yet, but I don't think she will) therefore her new era should have been bigger than Taylor's which is impossible

somnambulist

I'd much rather her focusing on quality and getting critical acclaim (ARTPOP was panned by many critics and zero grammy nominations)

Psychedelic

That record is almost impossible to tie or beat in a lifetime, but I do hope she gets a #1 at least and she can have other type of achievements.

DonatellaV

tumblr_inline_mgi7kyKejy1qaaiuu.gif

Venus was smash waiting

It had all the signs of BR

Gaga was crazy about it, you could tell

Me killing you for this blasphemy

tumblr_mu5zrklGFN1rkgii6o1_500.gif

​Agreed, I've heard from multiple neutral people (especially straight guys lol) who love Venus when I've played it. Also, one can't forget the slayage of Gypsy on iTunes after it was performed on SNL. 

ShockPop

she would need her business head to take the lead.

but I agree there's only so long she can rely on her debut for the hits. Fresher hits will rebuild her career.

I'm not at all against rent-a-feature either. Solo on the album, feature on the single. Win/win.

She could capitalise on her celebrity fans for videos and do what taylor did with cameos.

can you imagine? "Life on fire" ft. Bruno Mars, video starring Jennifer Lawrence & Meryl Streep. #1 in the bag.

Archived