Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Should Gaga top Katy's record?

Creyk

Featured Posts

Delete

I don't know about six, but I think she could definitely score two number ones with the next album. But, she's got to bring her A-game this time around. Also, opting out of spottily could really help her once the album drops.m

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Creyk

Let's hope she gets a top 3 single next era before thinking of 6 #1s.

​Well okay. I guess this could happen again, after all

innM3Dl3Oh3de.gif

TimisaMonster

Nah...even single sales are dropping...and Katy's basic music was appealing and eaten up 

Gaga has healed her GP appeal but people aren't going to go for Gaga's non basicness...unless there are 3 singles BEFORE the albums and 3 AFTER otherwise a having the album too early will lose longevity with the singles

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Alfonso

I think it's a matter of IF she CAN top Katy's record.

But yeah, she should go "all out" with huge potential hits.

This....

+We'll see a different Gaga album, in terms of creativity/production, now she'll have very much time to be inspired/relaxed and create music (more time than ever), which will make LG5 special, and maybe even able to top her best works, both, in terms of music quality and of success, not saying that she will break records because she hasn't even announced the lead single so we can't even predict it, but she will return strong, the only thing we can make now is believe in her.. :yes: 

And after all she's the one who made BR, PF... So, she really can definitely top herself :legend: 

Should she go "all out" for the next era? Yes. She's always been like that, sans the ARTPOP era which was totally understandable, at least in terms of promotion because I do believe she did give her best, or close to it, with ARTPOP, musically, at that time of its creation. I assume by saying "all out" you meant "giving everything she could" or giving her "utmost best" and I strongly believe that this should be the mindset of anyone who's offering something for public consumption.

If one wants to sell their product as many as one wants, the ideal thing to do is to give their best and not settle with mediocrity, at least from their own understanding of what's their "best" and not what's the perceived "best" from me and you, i.e. the consumers, the observers, or those outside the artist's inner circle. At the end of the day, where one excels is where one does their best. So where Katy excels is where she does her best. Where Gaga excels is where she does her best.

On the other hand, can she, or anyone for that matter, achieve what Katy Perry achieved with Teenage Dream? I'd say no. Not even Taylor Swift, who's the current "it" girl, and Katy Perry herself could topple that five-consecutive-#1s record. Gaga, at her highest peak, has only managed to collect 2 #1 singles on the Hot 100 from one album. Throughout her career, she only topped the country's best-selling digital songs of any week with 4 singles. And the last one of them was done in early 2011. On radio, she only has 2 #1s since her debut. At this point, her collecting just another #1 in any of these three major charts would be very impressive already.

And it's not like Gaga's a one-hit-wonder for there to be an urgency for her to top the charts again. She has done that multiple times and she has demonstrated one of the most successful careers of the 21st century. Her "only" getting 3 #1s on one chart wouldn't devalue the fact that she has sold 27 million albums and 130 million digital tracks in such a short period of time alongside the hundreds of awards she has received. She broke countless records. I'd rather celebrate these triumphs than worry that she might not break more again.

Archived