💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Can Gaga win an Oscar with "Till It Happens to You"? (SERIOUS QUESTION)

LePetitGAGABLover

Featured Posts

Quark

So...you agree they sound the same vocally after you said they don't sound the same? :smh:

What else was I referring to? Of course the melody and instrumentals are different but her "cry voice" is there and I just don't like the vocals on either song 

Plus, I don't feel the song deserves an Oscar...yes message wise it is in harmony and adds emotional depth to the film, but the song overall isn't worthy of a trophy...sorry

Even the vocals are not that similar. And if you think a song does not deserve an award just because you don't like the style of singing of of the artist, than that's sad. Taste is not the same as quality.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
bionic

Oscars do not consider public release or chart performance while nominating. The only criteria that is needed is that it is an original composition and plays at anytime during the movie and the movie is released during the nomination time period. And also the song is submitted for nomination process.

I think it has a very good chance of getting nominated and maybe even winning. Cause its a very controversial song and has very moving lyrics--so count in the sympathy votes. 

If the song does get nominated and wins, then both Gags and Diane will get the trophy... unless... 

Hidden Content

There are actually specific rules about when in the film/how its played.

buy bionic

bionic

Gaga better hope that Sam Smith doesn't sing the song for the new James Bond movie

buy bionic

PrinceGaga

Gaga better hope that Sam Smith doesn't sing the song for the new James Bond movie

Inb4 Gaga loses an Oscar/Grammy to a little monster :teehee:

JusKeepBreathin

She is the Oscars musical darling right now with all the press she received. The academy awards are voted on by members of the academy not just a panel. Most of those member were present when she sang at the Oscars. So she is still on their minds. Just based on that alone she has a good chance at being nominated. Winning is a different story. Who knows what will happen?

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Archived