Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Forbes: Taylor projected to earn more than $100 million this year

Redstreak

Featured Posts

Redstreak

Earlier this week in Bossier City, Louisiana, Taylor Swiftplayed eighteen songs to a sold-out crowd at the Century Link Center, kicking off the North American leg of her 1989 tour. But her performance at the 14,000-seat arena is just the beginning of what promises to be the best financial year of her career so far.

Swift’s tour, which is set to include more than 75 dates across three continents through the end of 2015, should mark the first time she tops the $100 million mark in annual earnings. According to Pollstar, Swift has grossed nearly $2.5 million per stop on the road in recent years.

Both her ticket sales numbers and her unusually-strong merchandise sales figures should grow dramatically as Swift moves on from smaller venues in places like Bossier City to much larger ones in bigger cities.

Tonight, for example, Swift will perform at Baton Rouge’s LSU Tiger Stadium, a building with a capacity of roughly 100,000. Later in the summer, she’ll play back-to-back nights at NFL stadiums like Philadelphia’s Lincoln Financial Field and Chicago’s Soldier Field.

Those are venues Beyonce played with Jay Z last summer–for one night only, not back to back gigs–during a year in which she earned $115 million, second only to Dr. Dre’s record $620 million. In the past three years, Madonna is the only other solo act who has topped $100 million in a single year.

With her 1989 Tour routed through some of the largest stadiums in the world throughout the next six months, Swift seems to have nearly outgrown the arenas most often frequented by solo pop acts and has entered the rarefied financial air historically inhabited by the likes of U2 and the Rolling Stones.

Given that sort of trajectory, it seems quite likely that the aforementioned club of $100 million annual earners will soon have a new member.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/zackomalleygreenburg/2015/05/22/1989-tour-should-give-taylor-swift-her-first-100-million-year/?utm_campaign=Forbes&utm_source=TWITTER&utm_medium=social&utm_channel=Business&linkId=14438441

Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~

Robotboy

good she left spotify or she would only have made 96 million :giveup:

Remember that you are unique. Like everyone else.

LoveandMagic

She really seems unstoppable at this point. I predict her successful streak will continue for quite a while. I really can't see her having too many "lows" in her career. 

Just repeat to yourself, "It's just a show. I should really just relax."

Iwontell

Not one cent from me...:reductive2:

Gawd, $100 million...the insane amount of Pizza and Pepsi I'd buy with that :giveup:

ATTENTION: (bad) jokes and sarcasm are still a thing, so don't take everything I say literally. Thank you.

Bad Bromance

She really seems unstoppable at this point. I predict her successful streak will continue for quite a while. I really can't see her having too many "lows" in her career. 

​Ya, she's definitely a force to be reckoned with alright.  So happy for Tay-Tay cuz she deserves all the success in this world.  She may not have the best vocals (although she does have a really nice girly and s-xy voice when she sings) but she sure is a genius when it comes to song writing.   :applause:

I don't care what you think about unless it is about me.

LoveandMagic

​Ya, she's definitely a force to be reckoned with alright.  So happy for Tay-Tay cuz she deserves all the success in this world.  She may not have the best vocals (although she does have a really nice girly and s-xy voice when she sings) but she sure is a genius when it comes to song writing.   :applause:

​I just think it's amazing how excellent she has been able to mold her music, image, and marketing to come off so consistantly strong through this era. I keep wanting to say she is at one of her peaks, but considering how she is always surprising me with her numbers I don't even think we have hit the tip yet! It's just crazy to me. She is one savvy show-woman! 

Bad Bromance

​I just think it's amazing how excellent she has been able to mold her music, image, and marketing to come off so consistantly strong through this era. I keep wanting to say she is at one of her peaks, but considering how she is always surprising me with her numbers I don't even think we have hit the tip yet! It's just crazy to me. She is one savvy show-woman! 

​Well, you also have to take into account that Taylor has everything going for her.  She's incredibly beautiful, she's s-xy, she's an amazing songwriter, and she appears to be super sweet and nice.  I mean, what's not to love about her when her songs are all relatable and super catchy?

I am really happy for all of the success she's having ATM.  I hope it continues because I would love for her and Gaga to dominate the music industry in the years to come.   :yes:

HANZ

b---h is unstoppable

YVulHUc.gif

My Favs = Lady Gaga, Janet Jackson, Ricky Martin, AKB48

With her 1989 Tour routed through some of the largest stadiums in the world throughout the next six months, Swift seems to have nearly outgrown the arenas most often frequented by solo pop acts and has entered the rarefied financial air historically inhabited by the likes of U2 and the Rolling Stones.

:whitney:

Queen of Pop!

The Taylor Brigade: KNOCKOUT

Bad Bromance

:whitney:

Queen of Pop!

​Indeed she is!  Taylor is the Queen of Pop and Lady Gaga is the Queen of Music and the Queen of Shock!   :thetea:

LoveandMagic

​Well, you also have to take into account that Taylor has everything going for her.  She's incredibly beautiful, she's s-xy, she's an amazing songwriter, and she appears to be super sweet and nice.  I mean, what's not to love about her when her songs are all relatable and super catchy?

I am really happy for all of the success she's having ATM.  I hope it continues because I would love for her and Gaga to dominate the music industry in the years to come.   :yes:

​This is true. I'm not big on her stuff, but she is definitely approachable as an artist and has everything going for her. She's very warm and friendly with her fans (big plus), not controversial from what I can tell so very family/media friendly, plus she writes her own material and it's well written. She also makes very relateable, radio friendly hits, has popular professional looking videos, has sold out performance based tours, looks like a model and is very stylish. She has an excellent team behind her and knows how to market herself. She's basically the perfect pop package and every labels dream. I'm very impressed by how well she's done and at such a young age. I can see a very long a fruitful career ahead of her. I reckon the skies the limit for her next album, especially since this tour will be massively profitable for her. Her label wouldn't dare say no to her.

Haroon

Wow I'm kinda speechless :omg: The demand for Taylor is immense, and it's only been growing it seems. I always wonder if she'll be able to outdo her previous era and it seems like she has every time :udidnt: 

Archived