❤︎ OUT NOW! ❤︎
opinion

They may have more commercial success but no impact

Quark

Featured Posts

Redstreak

​Once Gaga started toning it down others did too. Not to mention, after Gaga started talking about focusing on the ART other artists piped up and were doing it as well. 

Eh, I'd contribute the toning down of artists more to Adele, and besides Jay-Z once with Marina I haven't really seen anybody incorporating art into their work and aesthetic.

Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ladey Gagz

Yes she has had impact, but she's not the only one to do so 

​Well of course because you've literally made 100 threads bashing other artists in a proper way and look at lady gaga like she's jesus christ lol. If you really think she's the only artist that has made an impact then you're delusional. Many artists have made an impact whether you believe so or not. 

Praise for finally saying my thoughts :tea:

ARTPOPchamp

o<(0_0)>o

I have seen that some here are jealous or complain about other artists having more commercial success than Gaga. But what what is not realized is that no one has had more influence or impact on pop culture than Gaga. Gaga influenced/impacted music, music videos, fashion, social media, and social issues. Gaga literally impacted or changed everything she touched. All these other artists only have trendy hits or viral videos, buy they have little to no impact/influence. Also, is is quite obvious that no other artist right now has the overall talent and artistry that Gaga has. Gaga is still once in a lifetime kind of artist.

​Yes! I'm so glad someone sees that commercial success is overrated and most of these people big today maybe successful but have no real impact. :monsterpaw::applause:

mister max

No one in the GP can name more than three songs from Lana and Sia though. Where's the impact? :huh:

sia:

elastic heart

big girls cry,

chandelier, fire meets gasoline, ...

Buy ARTPOP on itunes or smth?

Quark

sia:

elastic heart

big girls cry,

chandelier, fire meets gasoline, ...

As someone that doesn't pay too much attention to her, I only know chandelier.

badgalriri

this thread is delusional. this entire thread. OP is discrediting all other artists and saying Gaga is the only true artist out there which is laughable give me a break.. there are so many other talented artists too. just cause gaga is our queen doesnt mean we need to bash everyone else

Quark

this thread is delusional. this entire thread. OP is discrediting all other artists and saying Gaga is the only true artist out there which is laughable give me a break.. there are so many other talented artists too. just cause gaga is our queen doesnt mean we need to bash everyone else

Give me someone as influential and impactful as Gaga from the current artists and then call me delusional.

NewYorkCity

Say what you want but the OP is right 

Having a massive succes is not the same as having real impact in music.

Look for any artist pic on google write: *name of the artist* before and after Gaga.

And look what happens.

Look at how she changed trends on music with EDM.

Look at how she created a revolution of music videos.

And the list goes on and on.

Beyonce, Taylor, Katy, Sam Smith, Adele,... none of them have done what Gaga did. And you cannot say that this is not true. 

yeah they have had massive hits, they are big in music, they releass amazing music... but having an impact goes beyond that.

And I am not discrediting them as artists or musicians, they are obviously VERY GOOD at that, if not they wouldn't be where they are. But there are other ingredients, and Gaga is the most complet of them all.

That would be like saying that any of those have had the same impact as Michael Jackson in pop and culture. 

L

M

A

O

Jjang

Give me someone as influential and impactful as Gaga from the current artists and then call me delusional.

​Beyoncé & Rihanna.

We're on a Lady Gaga forum, a place where people think shocking people at an awards show equals impact and influence. I'm not actually surprised this is up to debate around here.

Jjang

Say what you want but the OP is right 

Having a massive succes is not the same as having real impact in music.

Look for any artist pic on google write: *name of the artist* before and after Gaga.

And look what happens.

Look at how she changed trends on music with EDM.

Look at how she created a revolution of music videos.

And the list goes on and on.

Beyonce, Taylor, Katy, Sam Smith, Adele,... none of them have done what Gaga did. And you cannot say that this is not true. 

yeah they have had massive hits, they are big in music, they releass amazing music... but having an impact goes beyond that.

And I am not discrediting them as artists or musicians, they are obviously VERY GOOD at that, if not they wouldn't be where they are. But there are other ingredients, and Gaga is the most complet of them all.

That would be like saying that any of those have had the same impact as Michael Jackson in pop and culture. 

L

M

A

O

​Tell me then, what groundbreaking musical impact did Gaga have on this generation's soundscape?

-She actually followed the EDM trend 2 years after it was already set.

-I already debunked that "artists before and after Gaga theory" in a different thread & i'm more than willing to repost it again.

Oscar

I wonder why the OP has 22+ likes as if this is some deep insight when it's pretty much common knowledge on this forum. 

NewYorkCity

​Tell me then, what groundbreaking musical impact did Gaga have on this generation's soundscape?

-She actually followed the EDM trend 2 years after it was already set.

-I already debunked that "artists before and after Gaga theory" in a different thread & i'm more than willing to repost it again.

More than any of the other artists named. Prove me wrong.

Poker Face was unlike anything on radio, so yeah :whitney: 

She stated a new fashion trend on pop culture

She brought the music videos back

If you want to say that Gaga is like Taylor Swift, Katy Perry, Sam Smith, Adele... then, I don't think you can see so deep on things.

EDIT: And to be clear, before you come to me with that "blind stan" thing: I buy the music of all the artists that I named, I bop to it all the time. I have been dancing for shake it off for months now. But yeah, Gaga is my fave, and she is my fave because I think she has something that the others lack. There's nothing wrong with that

Jjang

More than any of the other artists named. Prove me wrong.

Poker Face was unlike anything on radio, so yeah :whitney: 

She stated a new fashion trend on pop culture

She brought the music videos back

If you want to say that Gaga is like Taylor Swift, Katy Perry, Sam Smith, Adele... then, I don't think you can see so deep on things.

The first bolded part makes absolutely no sense, music videos existed long before Gaga debuted. :toofunny:

Adele sounded nothing like anything on the radio at the time as well.

Comparing her to artists with minimal impact won't make hers any more significant.

As i stated, Beyoncé, Rihanna, Adele & other artists are on the same league if not higher.

Archived