💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Inside Story on Infamous David Letterman 1994 Madonna Interview + Video

PopBitch

Featured Posts

PopBitch

David Letterman's last show is tomorrow.  Madonna's 1994 is epic and is often mentioned in most memoral David Letterman interviews and discussed here behind the scenes.

"Daniel Kellison is a big-time producer now, running Jackhole with Jimmy Kimmel and Adam Carolla. But in the 1990s, he landed his first job on the David Letterman show, doing a little of everything — researching, producing, booking guests.  In an amazing new Grantland piece, he spills the behind the scenes secrets from some of the biggest names he worked with. (Funniest detail: there was a $500 bounty for booking a Beatle on the show. The But the best story by far is of that night in 1994 when Madonna went crazy on the show, dropping 14 F-bombs — then believed to be some sort of a record for network TV, or at least late night — taking off her underpants and asking Letterman to smell them, and so much more.

In a subsequent appearance in 2009, Madonna admitted to Letterman that she’d smoked a joint before coming on. But Kallison tells an even wilder story. He says it was endo — slang for the highly intoxicating bud tips of the Cannabis indica strain of marijuana — that she was smoking. That explains it!  As Kellison tells the story, there was a plan for the appearance. Letterman had been making fun of Madonna every night. She would play back several of the jokes to Dave, and after he’s confronted with the videotape, ask him to explain what he meant. Everyone thought it would be great.

The day of the show, she arrived to much fanfare and press anticipation, but with no entourage. Her only accompaniment was her makeup person, Kevyn Aucoin. I walked up to her dressing room, knocked on the door, put out my hand, and said, “Hi, I’m Daniel.” She didn’t get up or offer her hand. Instead she said, “Suckmadick.” I took a beat. “Sorry?” She looked at Kevyn, smiled, and said it again, slower, like a petulant 8-year-old child challenging a parent: “Suck–ma–dick.” She and Kevyn began laughing hysterically. Immediately, I thought: We’re screwed. I smiled wanly and powered on: “Ha … OK, so this will pretty much go as we discussed. We’ve loaded up three pieces of video, each one worse than the other, and after each one …” She stopped me. “That’s too much to remember.”

Hmmm. I paused, now more annoyed than anything. “Uh, not really. It’s actually pretty simple — you show a tape. Get his reaction. Show another. Get his reaction. There are three …” “Yeah, I’m not going to remember all that.” Me, trying not to let my voice break and betray my now very urgent concerns: “Why not?” She started giggling again. “We smoked a little endo before we came here …”

In the rest of the story — one of the great Letterman recollections published this week — Kallison tells the story of how he finally got Madonna off the stage, so Counting Crows could make their network debut that night."

I miss this Madonna.  Bad Ass, marching to her own drummer.

TimisaMonster

Madonna...mess :smh:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Omg Im cringing for her... What was she thinking?! If I was her publicist I would be fuming right now

PopBitch

Omg Im cringing for her... What was she thinking?! If I was her publicist I would be fuming right now

​I think it was epic, especially back then for 1994 and the very safe interviews on late night TV.  She and Dave went a long way back even before this interview.  I couldn't stop laughing watching it.  She and Dave were priceless.

RE : PopBitch

I guess cuz she is so controversial it wasn't too controversial.... But still I dunno she just seemed high I can't imagine how epic that is on national TV, it just makes you look bad in my opinion but to each their own

androiduser

didn't she totally back down later in the media and claim it was all a set up?

PopBitch

didn't she totally back down later in the media and claim it was all a set up?

​She got a lot of backlash for saying fvck 14 times.  She said they knew she was going to, and was pissed because Dave acted shocked in his late night routines I think  in other shows after this show aired.  But he's a comic and he used this interview for material for many shows  in his opening monologue after this show.

PopBitch

​I think it was epic, especially back then for 1994 and the very safe interviews on late night TV.  She and Dave went a long way back even before this interview.  I couldn't stop laughing watching it.  She and Dave were priceless.  So many of these late night shows have little laughter from the audience with the guests and the guests try to be funny.  The audience was laughing hysterically for most of the show with the banter and back and forth between these two.

androiduser

I would believe the producers of the show before believing Madonna... things probably didn't go her way in the media afterwards, so she changed her tune.

"I miss this Madonna.  Bad Ass, marching to her own drummer."

I was a Madonna fan since Lucky Star, but Letterman 1994 was a huge turn off moment for me. That Madonna is a vile, gross, egomaniac, who unintentionally "played the fool" by trying to match wits with Letterman while stoned. I'd given Madonna a pass a few times, but that was the moment I realized there was a certain down deep ugliness in her character. Still a fan, but now one with mixed feelings.

It was epic - King of 80's comedy vs Queen of 80's pop.

RAMROD

I miss this Madonna.  Bad Ass, marching to her own drummer.

I would call that unprofessional of her actually.

There are many moments Madonna present herself as independent strong woman, but not this one.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

PaperIz

That was silly lol. Why does she talk so weird now? She actually seemed like a real person here. Albeit a high and uncontrollable one :awkney:

Archived