Harlequin - OUT SEPTEMBER 27th
new music

New single "Bombastic" by Queen Bonnie McKee comes out this week!

Spock

Featured Posts

Spock

American singer-songwriter and true pop hitmaker Bonnie McKee continues shaping her highly-awaited major debut album, first with Epic and Kemosabe Records, scheduled to be released sometime this year.

Before this, the ‘Teenage Dream‘ songwriter confirmed that she will release a ‘visual’ extended play, but so far, nothing happened.

After the promotion of pop gem “American Girl” and Halloween anthem “Sleepwalker“, the singer confirmed another single called “S.L.A.Y.“, in April 2014, during her show at Karmin’s Pulses Tour, but once again, nothing happened.

The singer confirmed during Billboard Music Awards red carpet that her new single called “Bombastic” arrives this week.

The song was written by Sean Walsh, Charlie Puth, Andreas Axident, and Bonnie McKee.

http://www.josepvinaixa.com/blog/bonnie-mckee-bombastic/

giphy.gifgiphy.gif
giphy.gifgiphy.gif
giphy.gifgiphy.gif
giphy.gifgiphy.gif

who will love me when the night is over

Gaga Monster

I'm so excited! American Girl and Sleepwalker were amazing!

GGD Presidential Elections

SidDays

I really want this chick to get the credit she deserves. I don't get why Katy's name comes first in the songwriting credits for all those hit songs when they were pretty much handed to her afaik

waiting for the album

Kacey Elizabeth

I really want this chick to get the credit she deserves. I don't get why Katy's name comes first in the songwriting credits for all those hit songs when they were pretty much handed to her afaik

waiting for the album

Lol, do you even know what you're talking about? Do your research. Let's be honest, the only reason you want Bonnie to get credit and you act like a Katy didn't had a big input on her songs is because you're a Gaga stan. I'm pretty sure not even Gaga will accept ignorant people like you, and will be ashamed to have you as a fan. Back to the original argument, Bonnie always has said that she writes WITH Katy. What part of that you don't understand? Bonnie always has said in several interviews that she and Katy exchange and talk about ideas and concepts for songs that they write TOGETHER. http://tmi.me/1eYnGp http://popdust.com/2015/03/20/stargate-katy-perry-songwriting/ http://www.buzzfeed.com/kelleylcarter/ester-dean-pitch-perfect-2-and-her-biggest-hits?utm_term=.sq8ROR2E0#.nobMORdLx (skip to the Firework part) and even Sia said that it's hard to work with Katy as a songwriter on a song, cause she (Katy) is the main writer and majority of concepts/ideas of her songs are from her own vision and creativity. Next time, don't make such a false statement.

Your Candy Perfume Girl

Kacey Elizabeth

Her debut album, Sleepwalker, and American Girl are PERFECTION! Bonnie is such an incredible, but underrated talent and star. Can't wait for new material from her! :bunny: 

Your Candy Perfume Girl

Kacey Elizabeth

Bonnie is coming for our faves' WIGS and you all will deal. :classy:

Your Candy Perfume Girl

badgalriri

Bonnie won't be a hit tbh. American girl was a huge bop to me and ti didn't catch. she's screwed imo

SlayedForTheGod

Lol, do you even know what you're talking about? Do your research. Let's be honest, the only reason you want Bonnie to get credit and you act like a Katy didn't had a big input on her songs is because you're a Gaga stan. I'm pretty sure not even Gaga will accept ignorant people like you, and will be ashamed to have you as a fan. Back to the original argument, Bonnie always has said that she writes WITH Katy. What part of that you don't understand? Bonnie always has said in several interviews that she and Katy exchange and talk about ideas and concepts for songs that they write TOGETHER. http://tmi.me/1eYnGp http://popdust.com/2015/03/20/stargate-katy-perry-songwriting/ http://www.buzzfeed.com/kelleylcarter/ester-dean-pitch-perfect-2-and-her-biggest-hits?utm_term=.sq8ROR2E0#.nobMORdLx (skip to the Firework part) and even Sia said that it's hard to work with Katy as a songwriter on a song, cause she (Katy) is the main writer and majority of concepts/ideas of her songs are from her own vision and creativity. Next time, don't make such a false statement.

​Chill. its very obvious which songs Bonnie has more of a hand in. Thats why the songs that katy writes on her own for other artists just arent as catchy. you can tell when a song is written by bonnie whether its katy,britney or kesha singing. 

SlayedForTheGod

On another note: Bonnies solo songs are never as great as the songs she writes for other people. sucks cause she deserves to be noticed.

Kacey Elizabeth

​Chill. its very obvious which songs Bonnie has more of a hand in. Thats why the songs that katy writes on her own for other artists just arent as catchy. you can tell when a song is written by bonnie whether its katy,britney or kesha singing. 

Did you even read my comment? Or the links that I posted in my comment? Also, a song being catchy or not is SUBJECTIVE and is a PERPECTIVE of someone aka a opinion. There are producers/compsoers (Max Martin, Dr. Luke, Benny Blanco, StarGate, Sandy Vee, and etc...) who make the songs catchy, not lyricists and songwriters who write the lyrics and melodies (Katy, Bonnie, Ester, Sia, Sarah, and etc...), though they might have some input for making the track catchy. Bonnie has songs of her own that are kind of similar to Katy's One Of The Boys and unreleased materials, and the songs that she wrote for other people when it comes to being catchy.

Your Candy Perfume Girl

Kacey Elizabeth

On another note: Bonnies solo songs are never as great as the songs she writes for other people. sucks cause she deserves to be noticed.

You pretty much contradicted what you said in your response comment to me.

Your Candy Perfume Girl

SidDays

Do your research.

http://www.capitalfm.com/artists/katy-perry/news/bonnie-mckee-teenage-dream/

'Teenage Dream' was very personal to her and was a difficult song to "give up".

"That was a hard one for me to give up because I've had that teenage theme kind of throughout my music," she explained, before admitting that it might not have been a hit without Katy's interpretation of the song.

also,

I'm pretty sure not even Gaga will accept ignorant people like you, and will be ashamed to have you as a fan.

lol

I have better things to do than give fücks about popstars thinking If I'm an 'ideal fan' or sad **** like that. I listen to music because I like it, and sorry not sorry if you don't agree with me.

Monster2015

Did you even read my comment? Or the links that I posted in my comment? Also, a song being catchy or not is SUBJECTIVE and is a PERPECTIVE of someone aka a opinion. There are producers/compsoers (Max Martin, Dr. Luke, Benny Blanco, StarGate, Sandy Vee, and etc...) who make the songs catchy, not lyricists and songwriters who write the lyrics and melodies (Katy, Bonnie, Ester, Sia, Sarah, and etc...), though they might have some input for making the track catchy. Bonnie has songs of her own that are kind of similar to Katy's One Of The Boys and unreleased materials, and the songs that she wrote for other people when it comes to being catchy.

I agree but i don't agree. I agree with you saying a song being catchy is not just the lyricist because the main thing that hooks a listener is the rhythm and instrumentation. However I disagree because the lyricist NEEDS to make it catchy (hook, chorus, etc.) so it's equal play in that imo. Bonnie McKee is super underrated and I know your a katy fan but I have to say that I believe that Bonnie played a bigger part in the songwriting process for Katy's hits than katy because Bonnie's main career in the music industry was (and is) a songwriter versus katy which is a recording artist. 

Archived