EDUCATE YOURSELF KATY CAT

1478_9e58.jpeg

i7ISif6iHj54k.gif

​Wait until tumblrinas attack gaga for being a racist

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ladey Gagz

This fanbase obviously always hate every artist who do well on charts.

No wonder it's easy for you guys to stan for Lana, Azealia, and those indie artist.

​nnn where the chill at :giveup::giveup:

Bitch

I'm not saying that its racist. I'm just saying that it could be interpreted as "racist"  because of whatever reason. No white girl is supposed to be in traditional Asian attire regardless (this is what culturally educated people think not me)

i7ISif6iHj54k.gif

How the f*ck can gaga's outfit be interpreted as racist when the theme of the event is CHINA. 

SissyFromSpace

So, Am sorry, no karma for monsters yet.

​Do we need to relive the PRISM vs ARTPOP era?

i7ISif6iHj54k.gif

People will think Gaga is wearing 100% Japanese attire at a Chinese themed event. Like how the Monsters dub anything Katy does culturally as racist like a few days ago with the flag.

Barbie elitist - Weaboo - Sissy

LoveandMagic

Omg I am so sick of threads like these. Firstly, as a monster, I have never attacked Katy ONCE and certainly never called her a racist. Can we please stop acting like ALL monsters hate Katy, when the MAJORITY don't care or actually like her? Start calling people out by name and stop lumping us all together. You don't see me go to KatyDaily and attack all Katycats for a FEW being nasty about Gaga, so STOP!

Just repeat to yourself, "It's just a show. I should really just relax."

HANZ

I'm not saying that its racist. I'm just saying that it could be interpreted as "racist"  because of whatever reason. No white girl is supposed to be in traditional Asian attire regardless (this is what culturally educated people think not me)

i7ISif6iHj54k.gif

​it's not racist but it's ignorance when you mix 2 cultures in one concept but claim they are just one

like this

o-KATY-PERRY-facebook.jpg

apparently this is a japanese theme performance but the neck looks like a typical part of a chinese dress and the hair is also chinese butt the flowers in her hair is a japanese thing, but other parts of that dress looks like a kimono too, the umbrella is japanese and the make up too

fac24f758e32a17761113538c7d1fa2b.jpg

katy's dress looks like a mixture of these 2

Lucky-gold-dragon-brocade-long-qipao-Chi

pink_blue_japanese_kimono.jpg

to make things worse china and japan hate each other, and they HATE when people think they are the same thing, same with korea

so what katy did was not racist but ignorance

My Favs = Lady Gaga, Janet Jackson, Ricky Martin, AKB48

Bebe

i7ISif6iHj54k.gif

​That isn't really true at all. There are times when it is appropriate and times when it is not.
Going to a foreign country and wearing clothes from their designers that is the typical style of the country is fine. 

Wearing a mix-match of Chinese/Japanese clothing as a "Sexed up" version of a geisha to perform a song about unconditional love, which further perpetrates stereotypes of a servile, passive Asian girl ready to please her man through whatever is not ok.

One is a respectful acknowledgment of a particular culture, one is an ignorant costume of what they think all Asian women are like.

The theme is a for this Met Gala is a mess waiting to happen, but I think Gaga's version of chinese fashion at an event with the theme of chinese fashion is acceptable.

SissyFromSpace

How the f*ck can gaga's outfit be interpreted as racist when the theme of the event is CHINA. 

​For wearing an outfit similar to a Kimono

i7ISif6iHj54k.gif

Barbie elitist - Weaboo - Sissy

Blue Jeans

This fanbase obviously always hate every artist who do well on charts.

No wonder it's easy for you guys to stan for Lana, Azealia, and those indie artist.

​Well my indie artist's debut album sold 5 million worldwide and she got a number one album last year, so yeah, its pretty easy to stan for a succeful "Indie" artist.

LW8anE6.gif

Destiny is for losers. It’s just a stupid excuse to wait for things to happen instead of making them happen

Dangerous Man

​Well my indie artist's debut album sold 5 million worldwide and she got a number one album last year, so yeah, its pretty easy to stan for a succeful "Indie" artist.

LW8anE6.gif

Gurl, I love Lana. I didn't mean to include her on the indie artists list. My wordings were wrong sry.

"A little less conversation and a little more touch my body."

Bebe

​For wearing an outfit similar to a Kimono

i7ISif6iHj54k.gif

​But other than the sleeves it doesn't resemble a Kimono....

This is a Chinese Hanfu
260px-Jin_Wu_Di.jpg

This also has sleeves somewhat resembling a Kimono but is Chinese.

Your whole argument rests on the idea that she is wearing a Japanese inspired outfit, but that isn't the case so it falls down.

I have an inkling you have blocked me though Lance so I don't even think you are seeing the arguments made from the very people you are trying to call out :dies:

somnambulist

i7ISif6iHj54k.gif

You posted this as flame bait and it worked. Congratulations, you "dragged" Gaga and her fans on her own fansite. Oh wait, no you didn't- you ran to the forum to post nonsense without zero research, and in doing so looked foolish and stupid. The Hanfu movement isn't even very exclusive, and most Chinese don't consider it very traditional at all. 

A good start to read:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanfu_movement

"The Hanfu movement has been controversial since its initiation. While supporters often applaud its reviving of Han culture, some others criticize its cultural exclusiveness. The Han Chinese society as a whole has not accepted Hanfu as a type of traditional clothing. People who wear Hanfu in public are often considered eccentric."

RAMROD

​Do we need to relive the PRISM vs ARTPOP era?

i7ISif6iHj54k.gif

People will think Gaga is wearing 100% Japanese attire at a Chinese themed event. Like how the Monsters dub anything Katy does culturally as racist like a few days ago with the flag.

That is what you and some Katycats wishes.

And you had bring up ARTPOP and PRISM era again, when ARTPOP is over?

So PRISM is THAT successful huh?

Be careful tho, you may feel above right now, but when it is Katy's time to go down, you will have to ready to have your ears chewed and humiliated.

Not just by Monsters, but also by media, by other stanbases, and more.

Because nobody stays at the top forever, you know.

And when that day finally come, that is what I will call Karma. :fan:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ with birds I share this lonely view (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

• Zilla locked this topic

Archived