Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Fück Tha Police

lego

Featured Posts

Luiz

classic :flutter: 

I disapprove of what you say, but will defend to the death your right to say it.

lego

classic :flutter: 

Ice-T is not the first artist to put a 'cop killer' theme in United States popular culture. This theme has been the subject of countless cinematic and literary works, and has appeared many times before in popular music. During the Great Depression, for example, people celebrated Pretty Boy Floyd and his exploits, which included murdering law enforcement personnel. Similarly, the highly respected fiddler Tommy Jarrell wrote and sang 'Policeman,' which begins, 'Policeman come and I didn't want to go this morning, so I shot him in the head with my 44.' But perhaps the best-known case is Eric Clapton's cover version of Bob Marley and the Wailers' 'I Shot the Sheriff,' which reached the top of the U.S. music charts in the mid-1970s (a feat not approached by Ice-T). 'I Shot the Sheriff,' though, never suffered the sort of moral and political attacks that 'Cop Killer' did. How do we account for this difference?

Ice-T stated of the song, "I'm singing in the first person as a character who is fed up with police brutality. I ain't never killed no cop. I felt like it a lot of times. But I never did it. If you believe that I'm a cop killer, you believe David Bowie is an astronaut," in reference to Bowie's song "Space Oddity".

Interesting info.

And this reminded me of another classic

FreePalestine

Luiz

So excited for Straight Outta Compton! 

​August is so far away :giveup: 

hope the acting in it is good 

I disapprove of what you say, but will defend to the death your right to say it.

Archived