Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Do you think gags can pull a "Beyoncé"?

BrooklynLover17

Featured Posts

BrooklynLover17

If drake did it, why can't she? I mean surprise releases have been completely mainstream for the past year already. For some reason I have a feeling she may do that. 

What do you guys think? I personally believe she should do something close to that, maybe a surprise single? 

GagaUnderYou

People would make fun of her because hating on "lady gaga" is cool, but i'm pretty sure she's more than capable of doing anything that any singer can do 

The Child

She could have with ARTPOP, it would have really fit ARTPOP's message (having a video for every song) tbh but GP isn't here for something like this by Gaga nowadays.

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

Blue Jeans

I want her to pull a "Gaga" :queenga:

​This.

Destiny is for losers. It’s just a stupid excuse to wait for things to happen instead of making them happen

JustPokeHerFace

I would rather her to go the traditional route, as singles are more of an event for artists like Gaga than Beyonce or Drake. And the concept of a surprise release makes their impact more minimal. 

Henry

She already did with "Anything Goes" - Single

:green:

Not sure if I want her to pull a Beyoncé with an album tho

She absolutely shouldn't.. She will get criticized in a way Drake wasn't. Maybe it's because they're in different genres but I think it would be because like Beyonce it would be Gaga's fifth album and like Beyonce she would be coming off an "underwhelming" era. She should make a huge impact but not in a way that's already been done.

Also, Gaga doesn't have the kind of pull Drake has in our country at the moment so I don't think she would get Drake/Beyonce sales from that kind of release.

Iwontell

If she does that, she better be prepared to deal with a lot of ppl b---hing about it...I want to believe she's smarter than that...:awkney:

I'm a firm believer that no publicity stunt can achieve great results as good music can...she has to outdo herself as a songwriter in the same way she outdid herself as a singer in recent times...if she does that and don't let things get messy as they did during ARTPOP, she's moving in the right direction...

ATTENTION: (bad) jokes and sarcasm are still a thing, so don't take everything I say literally. Thank you.

Dangerous Man

Nope. I don't want her ignorant haters accuse her for copying another elderly pop star. :neyde:

"A little less conversation and a little more touch my body."

SissyFromSpace

She's not as accepted as Beyonce/Drake.

Barbie elitist - Weaboo - Sissy

Oscar

Well the truth is only trivial fandoms like ours will really care if Gaga pulls a beyonce I think. The era would still be successful. 

If she had her own Gaga twist to it it could work

Any artist with a loyal core fanbase could pull a surprise release and still be able to debut with decent first-week numbers. Gaga is one of those. Her pre-album singles have always been her best-sellers as well, which only further solidifies how fan-driven her sales are.

Now, could she or anyone pull a 'surprise' release with first-week numbers comparable to Beyonce's? Maybe yes, maybe not. I doubt Beyonce could pull it again too since one of the reasons why her latest album became a success so instantly was because of the fact that such 'surprise' release was unheard of, at least among the top of the mainstream at that time. It was 'new', and people jumped on the bandwagon to be part of something 'new', hence the strong opening-week sales. 

Archived