Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Have to vent: the reason why I didn't go to the Born This Way Ball

Spyro

Featured Posts

VOLANTIS

Well.. her shows near my area (Asia.. yeah I know.. Disastrous!) were rated 18+ so I see no wrong in what you did. Whether you were in or out of the closet, the show still wasn't something you'd bond over with your Mother. Nothing on Gaga ofc. She knows what she says and does on the show. I see you've had to have been pretty brave to succumb to the decision you had to make. I just want you to know you don't have to beat yourself up for not attending the Show given your circumstances. :hug:

:kisses:

I'll lift you 3 inches off the ground and drag you to a meter and a half

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Alfonso

I went with my mum and she loved it. Although we had awful seats, it was still great. Didn't come close to the artRAVE though, but probably because I was front row for artRAVE I preferred that.

I went with my father and he loved it tho :yes: 

StrawberryBlond

Trust me, my tale will help you feel better. I can understand your point as I had similar reasons for not wanting to go to concerts with my mum either (I'm a straight girl, though). She's not ultra conservative or anything, but she would be a bit put out by some of the stuff Gaga says and does in concert. She wouldn't ban me from ever going to see her again if that were the case as I'm an adult and all but I wouldn't feel comfortable with her there or be able to let myself go and sing along. I was the same when I went to see Lana Del Rey and The Pretty Reckless live - as always, mum wants to know where it is and perhaps if she could go with me so I'm not on my own. I'm 25 but still live with my parents and she's always been so protective of me and is used to accompanying me lots of places. But I insisted both times to go alone as I did with Artrave (and MB before that). So many of my favourite artists (and just artists in general) swear and have s-xual content in their songs and are generally very risque in concert and it's simply not the place to go to with your parents. My mum can struggle to pick out words at times as well and I could just imagine her turning to me during Lana's show and going: "What's she saying? Her what tastes like Pepsi Cola? I have an idea what it was but I thought it couldn't possibly be that!" I would just die!

Now, here is the bit that might make you feel better about missing BTWB. I went to BTWB with my aunt and my cousin's friend, which I really didn't want to do because of the reasons listed above. But there was only 2 choices in the UK: Manchester or London and Manchester was sold out in seconds. So, I was going to have to get all the way to London and go to a stadium and there was no way I stood a chance of doing that alone (or wanted to, really). So, they were happy to go with me. And I have to say, it was a pretty bad experience. First of all, we were late to the show what with trying to find our way in a new city, the crush of getting into the stadium, the fact that we were already behind time due to only having to share one bathroom in our TravelLodge to get ready and the fact that they were both taking too much time in general. We got in just as Bad Romance was finishing, so we missed the first 6 songs (really annoying as 4 of those are some of my all-time favourite Gaga songs). Unfortunately, it was the second date, when Gaga made a point of starting on time as she had to cut the show short the previous night, so it was really bad luck. We got a good view standing with a lot of space around us, but that was part of the problem: when you're not surrounded on all sides by a crowd, you can't exactly jump about and dance. So, the entire night involved us standing awkwardly at the side. I couldn't sing along as they aren't megafans like me and don't know the words, so I would have been the only one and felt weird. I did force myself to sing some of TEOG (no way was I going to not sing along with that one!) but that was it. All in all, it was a very restrained concert experience for me that was so unlike a Gaga show.

I loved MB (on my own) and artRave (on my own, twice) because I could just lose myself and not care about anyone around me and I'd be surrounded by people who were doing the same thing. artRave was by far my favourite Gaga concert as I was right in front of her on the bridge for most of the show and got to experience her in the flesh and hear the full power of her voice. Everything feels much better when you're in that situation, which is why it was my favourite concert, even though BTWB had more songs I liked and was supporting my favourite Gaga album. BTWB should have been my favourite, but due to circumstances, it wasn't. I felt so annoyed with having been made to miss some of the show because of other people's bad time keeping especially and while I kept it in, I really wanted to complain but knew that would only make them angry and being mature was going to make for an easier life what with being outnumbered in an unfamiliar city! I'd have been better off not going and just watching the clips on YouTube, That's how bad it was for me. So, in a way, you were better not going if you were going to feel exactly the same way.

I went with my bro to TBTWB and my mom to the artRAVE, caus all my friends HATE her, but I think experiencing such amazing moments with loved ones rather than just friends actually made me enjoy it more 

LADY GAGA/madonna/katy perry/little mix/ariana grande/selena gomez/britney spears/taylor swift

Archived