achievement

Lady Gaga to receive "ICON" Award at the Songwriters Hall of Fame

SIRE

Featured Posts

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
gagzus

i understand her writing for Applause & maybe G.U.Y. but not any other singles tbh.

Her non-single album tracks always have better writing; The Fame, Money Honey, Paper Gangsta, So Happy I Could Die, Speechless, Black Jesus, Bloody Mary, ARTPOP, Swine, Donatella...

TimisaMonster

Well deserved out of all pop stars rn :legend:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Caesium

i understand her writing for Applause & maybe G.U.Y. but not any other singles tbh.

Her non-single album tracks always have better writing; The Fame, Money Honey, Paper Gangsta, So Happy I Could Die, Speechless, Black Jesus, Bloody Mary, ARTPOP, Swine, Donatella...

Well done though Gaga :green: 

Put your white tennis shoes on and follow me

ViviLittleM

Donatella...

gagzus

Well done though Gaga :green: 

​Money Honey is a well written song, as is Donatella actually it's fit for purpose & no other popstar could get away with a song like it

Emvee

​Money Honey is a well written song, as is Donatella actually it's fit for purpose & no other popstar could get away with a song like it

Agreed! They're both well-written songs. They're also both ironic songs. Not here for people dismissing these songs just because of the subject matter. Good songs don't have to be dark and brooding and ~serious~ to be good. 

Congrats Gaga! 

gagzus

Agreed! They're both well-written songs. They're also both ironic songs. Not here for people dismissing these songs just because of the subject matter. Good songs don't have to be dark and brooding and ~serious~ to be good. 

Congrats Gaga! 

​she was definitely right about some people taking her too seriously while other not serious enough tbh

She writes all of her songs tho :gayhat:

Congrats though, wish I knew how big the award was though tbh

Like Taylor and other singer-songwriters, Gaga sort of write a "rough draft" of her artistic vision and what she wants it to be, and then when she's in the studio, she sometimes has her producers or other ppl cowrite with her to make her song what she wants it to be. Applause for example has nine credited writers. Sometimes they're written all by herself but most of the time she has some help too. Just look at her writing credits, especially from ARTPOP. I think that's why they said she had "a hand".

i feel like Gaga has more creative control than other singer songwriters like katy which is part of the reason why she's receivig this

Ray of Light

Gaga has had a hand writing most of her hits, including "Poker Face," ''Applause" and "Just Dance

Bitch, she wrote all of them

Fiona Apple

Like Taylor and other singer-songwriters, Gaga sort of write a "rough draft" of her artistic vision and what she wants it to be, and then when she's in the studio, she sometimes has her producers or other ppl cowrite with her to make her song what she wants it to be. Applause for example has nine credited writers. Sometimes they're written all by herself but most of the time she has some help too. Just look at her writing credits, especially from ARTPOP. I think that's why they said she had "a hand".

i feel like Gaga has more creative control than other singer songwriters like katy which is part of the reason why she's receivig this

​Her producers said that SHE writes the songs and they just help

First congrats to Gaga :worship:

Second: Whys some people don't inform about Gags work ? Gagas producers said it several times.

Gaga is the songwriter, people like ZEDD, RedOne, White Shadow are not songwriters, they are producers and Gaga gives them credits because of the suggestions in arrangement and tuning. 

You know, the lyrics must be synchronized with this fast dance-pop. Most ballads from Gaga do not need this tuning, and therefore there is only her name in the writing credits.

You find classic pure songwriters on Katy Perry or Beyonce records for example, but not on Gags records. Except Diane Warren, but TIHTY was just for a documentary and not  a Gaga album.

---------------------

Interview with Garibay:

THR: She’s credited as a co-writer on most songs from Born This Way, what percentage of the songwriting would you say she’s responsible for?

Garibay: She doesn't need anyone to write a hit song. A lot of times, it’s 100% her. She's generous enough to give the producers who worked on this album a percentage of the songwriting for the production and whatever contributions we gave in arrangement or a few lyrical suggestions here and there.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/lady-gaga-producer-making-born-193459

Juanjo

Yaaaaaay! Congrats, Gaga! Very well-deserved award. ...I'm glad Applause is getting that recognition and promo. :queenga:

Archived