celeb

Miley Cyrus' long armpit hair raises eyebrows

LePetitGAGABLover

Featured Posts

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nair® Hair Removal

Nair® Is The #1 Brand When It Comes To Hair Removal! Learn More Today.

:lmao:LOL at the in-thread ads this topic has inspired.

Redstreak

Part of me is like **** off, so she has armpit hair. Who cares.

Then the other part of me wants to roll my eyes at every social justice idiot thats going to start barking at everyone on the internet about how 'disgusting' and 'problematic' anyone is for not liking it.

So, pretty much **** everyone.

​You seem to get so angry at anyone trying to spread positivity and ideas, as if it's a burden on your life that you might have to be socially aware.

Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~

LoveandMagic

​The majority of girls (here in the U.S.) shave because they want to/they want to be what men find attractive. If more women refused to conform and helped break down gender roles then Miley wouldn't be getting a second glance and it would open up other avenues of change. To single handedly blame men for the common belief that women should shave is ridiculous. Women promote shaving all the f*cking time. Instead of sitting around blaming men for everything be the change you wish to see. Not just you, because you seem like you have your head on straight and are probably more educated on gender roles and stuff than I am. I see so many females bashing Miley or any other females for breaking out of the mold that they are put in not only by men but other females as well. Females are the ones I see wearing bucket loads of make-up and judging others when they don't do the same. Females are the ones I see advocating fake nails, fake hair, fake eyelashes, fake lips etc. Yes, there are a lot of guys who like that stuff on females, but females are the ones that are wearing those things. I'm not trying to imply any of that is bad, I'm just trying to make the point that these "standards" and "norms" aren't just put in place and kept in place by males.

"Women are just so used to men saying that this is the standard..."

No, women also say this is the standard and continue to enforce that it is. I feel bad for all of the girls out there that grow up insecure with the person they are naturally. All of the girls that feel uncomfortable leaving the house not all made up and caked up. Not to mention all of the females that struggle with letting guys seeing them without their makeup on and hair straightened. That sound like such a sh*tty existence.

Again, this isn't directed at you in particular so please don't take it that way. This is speaking in a very general way and I don't know you at all. If I said something out of line or in the wrong way please let me know. I'm always looking to improve the way I express myself. :hug:

​I definitely get what your saying. It's more like what society wants, and what both s-xes expect from each other. I myself hate lots of body hair (even on men), and I know men that hate the hair extensions, fake nails, "racoon" eyes, etc. Most of it's unfair to women, but some can be unfair to men too. 

Just repeat to yourself, "It's just a show. I should really just relax."

LeoFameMonster

She realized that everyone is over her long tongue so now shes showing her long pubics

Also this is soo Gaga born this way at the Much Music Awards in Canada with the teal armpit hair!  :whitney:

blacklistedd

​You seem to get so angry at anyone trying to spread positivity and ideas, as if it's a burden on your life that you might have to be socially aware.

​Its not about being socially aware. Being socially aware doesn't equate to policing people online over pronouns and getting on a pedestal in regards to your supposed moral beliefs when these people don't even hold the same standards for everyone. The social justice movement online is bull****. Its not about positivity, its not about solutions, its a bunch of self entitled children within our generation trying to balance out their shallowness and vanity with incredibly superficial and misinformed attempts at coming off progressive. Its masturbation and nothing more. And often times as narrow minded as the conservatives theyre supposedly rallying against, just on the other end of the spectrum. I find a lot of social justice warriors to be misinformed borderline bigots and ironically enough quite non-progressive. If thats even a word.

Redstreak

​Its not about being socially aware. Being socially aware doesn't equate to policing people online over pronouns and getting on a pedestal in regards to your supposed moral beliefs when these people don't even hold the same standards for everyone. The social justice movement online is bull****. Its not about positivity, its not about solutions, its a bunch of self entitled children within our generation trying to balance out their shallowness and vanity with incredibly superficial and misinformed attempts at coming off progressive. Its masturbation and nothing more. And often times as narrow minded as the conservatives their supposedly rallying against, just on the other end of the spectrum. Its twisted. Seriously.

​You have no basic rationale behind any of your statements besides ambiguous conjecture that slightly comes off as projection. You sound like you're trying to be cynical for cynicism's sake. Is it that hard to believe that people can be genuine behind their intentions of social awareness, and even if they aren't who cares? The end result still comes out to be the same, a spreading of more open-mindedness and discussions on today's social climate. And you say policing as if there's actual tangible repercussions for being a nuisance online. No one's going to throw you in jail because you purposely said "he" instead of "she."

blacklistedd

​You have no basic rationale behind any of your statements besides ambiguous conjecture that slightly comes off as projection. You sound like you're trying to be cynical for cynicism's sake. Is it that hard to believe that people can be genuine behind their intentions of social awareness, and even if they aren't who cares? The end result still comes out to be the same, a spreading of more open-mindedness and discussions on today's social climate. And you say policing as if there's actual tangible repercussions for being a nuisance online. No one's going to throw you in jail because you purposely said "he" instead of "she."

​It does not spread open-mindedness. And thats whats particularly infuriating. Its a bunch of kids whining online over "social issues" and jerking eachother off for feeling progressive and condemning people by splitting hairs. All this talk about "inclusion" when in actuality people have ended up being hyper-judgemental and hyper-critical of everyone else. Not to mention creating incredibly divisive labels while begging not to be labeled. Its nothing but hypocrisy and contradiction. This social justice movement is more often than not quite non-progressive and many people are very misinformed and yet incredibly arrogant on their stances. To me its a reflection of how self-entitled our generation is. We want the world to change immediately because we say so and so many of these people are willing to shame those that aren't seeing certain issues the way they are. Its borderline fascist to me, an extreme statement but it makes a point. Because they're not promoting discussion, they're saying "THIS IS HOW THINGS ARE AND IF YOU DONT AGREE YOU ARE ****ED". The world doesn't work like that.

You're mistaking my opinion on social justice idiots online as me saying im anti-progression. Im not anti-progression. Im for progression, im for mileys goddamn pit hair. Im just not into this hyper-judgemental bull**** thats setting us back years rather than moving us forward. We're not moving towards an open world, things are just getting far more divided the way these people go about spreading their word.

Redstreak

​It does not spread open-mindedness. And thats whats particularly infuriating. Its a bunch of kids whining online over "social issues" and jerking eachother off for feeling progressive and condemning people by splitting hairs. All this talk about "inclusion" when in actuality people have ended up being hyper-judgemental and hyper-critical of everyone else. Not to mention creating incredibly divisive labels while begging not to be labeled. Its nothing but hypocrisy and contradiction. This social justice movement is more often than not quite non-progressive and many people are very misinformed and yet incredibly arrogant on their stances. To me its a reflection of how self-entitled our generation is. We want the world to change immediately because we say so and so many of these people are willing to shame those that aren't seeing certain issues the way they are. Its borderline fascist to me, an extreme statement but it makes a point.

​You're right is an extremist statement and doesn't really hold up. I guess I've yet to see any genuine examples of what you're talking about? I mean I know there's a fringe minority that can be pretty vocal but it's like saying ISIS is all Muslims or the WBC is all Christians, it's disingenuous and shows you're just aiming to be contrarian. The people you describe are a fringe and a strawman at best. And as I said you don't really have any proof on the motivations behind people who engage social discussions, it's all conjecture which is basically meaningless.

blacklistedd

​You're right is an extremist statement and doesn't really hold up. I guess I've yet to see any genuine examples of what you're talking about? I mean I know there's a fringe minority that can be pretty vocal but it's like saying ISIS is all Muslims or the WBC is all Christians, it's disingenuous and shows you're just aiming to be contrarian. The people you describe are a fringe and a strawman at best. And as I said you don't really have any proof on the motivations behind people who engage social discussions, it's all conjecture which is basically meaningless.

​Theres a difference between people that engage in social discussion and social justice warriors. The term social justice warrior holds a negative connotation because it refers to the supposed "fringe" people you mentioned and that is who I am talking about. Im not talking about joe blow nobody engaging in a conversation about why miley cyrus should be allowed to have armpit hair.

You're seriously taking my post and trying to spin this as if im completely against discussion on social issues or something. I think I was pretty straightforward in knocking very specific kinds of persons.

But I mean, tbh you're always observing me and trying to combat my arrogance because its clear that I bother you. Particularly when I used to express my negative opinions of Lana Del Rey in the past. You are bothered by me and my demeanor and I really don't blame you but I also dont agree with you and I do not need to be silenced.

Redstreak

​Theres a difference between people that engage in social discussion and social justice warriors. The term social justice warrior holds a negative connotation because it refers to the supposed "fringe" people you mentioned and that is who I am talking about. Im not talking about joe blow nobody engaging in a conversation about why miley cyrus should be allowed to have armpit hair.

You're seriously taking my post and trying to spin this as if im completely against discussion on social issues or something. I think I was pretty straightforward in knocking very specific kinds of persons.

But I mean, tbh you're always observing me and trying to combat my arrogance because its clear that I bother you. Particularly when I used to express my negative opinions of Lana Del Rey in the past. You are bothered by me and my demeanor and I really don't blame you but I also dont agree with you and I do not need to be silenced.

​I guess I'm glad I'm so memorable to you? And honestly you're back tracking a bit, you said **** everyone, you do have a tendency to place most rational people under this "fringe" umbrella, you weren't very clear. SJW is just a bait word for anyone who might give half a **** more than you think they should on a given issue, and it's only given a negative connotation because people would rather just shut down conversation that actually gain some introspection, but that's beside the point. If in your arrogance you think I'm seeking you out specifically, even remember who you are, or think that any dissenting opinion is someone trying to "silence you" (as if you're some great martyr in the war against feminazis) than that's your set of things to deal with.

blacklistedd

​I guess I'm glad I'm so memorable to you? And honestly you're back tracking a bit, you said **** everyone, you do have a tendency to place most rational people under this "fringe" umbrella, you weren't very clear. SJW is just a bait word for anyone who might give half a **** more than you think they should on a given issue, and it's only given a negative connotation because people would rather just shut down conversation that actually gain some introspection, but that's beside the point. If in your arrogance you think I'm seeking you out specifically, even remember who you are, or think that any dissenting opinion is someone trying to "silence you" (as if you're some great martyr in the war against feminazis) than that's your set of things to deal with.

Maybe its a bait word for some, its pretty specific to me. And to be honest, if you're referring to certain people on this forum that I might have gotten into it with in regards to social issues in the past? One specific user comes to mind and im completely blanking on their username....but he was a ****ing social justice warrior to the max. A complete tumblr fascist.​ His mindset was everything that I find troublesome about those sorts of people.

AND if you go back to my post dude, I said **** everyone at the end of my statement because **** everyone. It was a statement to express exhaustion over my conflicted feelings of being pro-liberal but also anti-extremists. At the end of the day **** everyone. It was misanthropic.

And I know you remember me. You even knew who I was on ATRL particularly because of whatever opinion I had that day about Lana Del Rey. Im not saying you obsess over me or some ****, im not that narcissistic. But you know generally who I am and you know that you don't like my point of view and especially how I express it on here. You can deny that if you want but its obvious.

Redstreak

You're mistaking my opinion on social justice idiots online as me saying im anti-progression. Im not anti-progression. Im for progression, im for mileys goddamn pit hair. Im just not into this hyper-judgemental bull**** thats setting us back years rather than moving us forward. We're not moving towards an open world, things are just getting far more divided the way these people go about spreading their word.

​I don't think I've ever called you anti progression, more that you're incredibly misplaced in your ire. What I'm saying is you're setting the exception as the rule and it's disingenuous. It's the definition of a strawman.

blacklistedd

​I don't think I've ever called you anti progression, more that you're incredibly misplaced in your ire. What I'm saying is you're setting the exception as the rule and it's disingenuous. It's the definition of a strawman.

​No. Im not. You are mistaking those ranting on their radical mindsets as people trying to enlighten the world and im saying I don't agree that those specific kinds of radical people are enlightening anyone. I think they're poisoning people particularly impressionable kids/teens.

You're also assuming im generalizing every single person that voices an opinion, particularly one I might not agree with, as a social justice idiot but im not. I was ranting on a tangent in that post and you're taking that as me having some sort of bible oath against those that dare to have a voice. I was talking about extremists.

Redstreak

Maybe its a bait word for some, its pretty specific to me. And to be honest, if you're referring to certain people on this forum that I might have gotten into it with in regards to social issues in the past? One specific user comes to mind and im completely blanking on their username....but he was a ****ing social justice warrior to the max. A complete tumblr fascist.​ His mindset was everything that I find troublesome about those sorts of people.

AND if you go back to my post dude, I said **** everyone at the end of my statement because **** everyone. It was a statement to express exhaustion over my conflicted feelings of being pro-liberal but also anti-extremists. At the end of the day **** everyone. It was misanthropic.

And I know you remember me. You even knew who I was on ATRL particularly because of whatever opinion I had that day about Lana Del Rey. Im not saying you obsess over me or some ****, im not that narcissistic. But you know generally who I am and you know that you don't like my point of view and especially how I express it on here. You can deny that if you want but its obvious.

​Then like I said you simply sound like you're being cynical for cynicism's sake and like you're just trying to insert yourself and lash out. Unless you're seeking those types of people out they're certainly avoidable.

And maybe you changed your username I don't know? Simply having a prior discussion with you on one artist where I might have found your comments off-putting isn't going to exactly make it a unique experience to remember as everyone on every music forum does that on the daily.

Archived