💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
throwback

Gaga expressing her hate for Telephone and its MV

Stef

Featured Posts

Judas Oyster

I did know about the song, but I didn't know she didn't like the video? That's weird :S Is it because she probably was underweight or something and so little clothes on? Oh, I just felt like a worried parent, or Selena Gomez.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She said she hated the whole process of mixing and creating the song, which made her dislike it. She doesn't actually hate the song itself.

Stef

Also, it's kind of pathetic how people take a 4-year-old statement from Gaga out of context to ruffle some feathers and get a hit thread on GGD. :awkney:

Unlike some people on this site, my thirst for a hit thread all but exists tbh, this picture was taken from GGDs Facebook page so i have taken nothing out of context. Talk to admin if you have an issue with my reposting of this quote pls :madge: 

Signature loading
 đŸ‘čđŸ–€

Jesse Pinkman

interesting.  why? 

Long story short, The Hive felt that Gaga was being pretentious and shady. I mean, imagine if it were the other way around.

It's science, bitch

What’s your worst song?
I hate ‘Telephone’. Is that terrible to say? It’s the song I have the most difficult time listening to.

Because it was offered to Britney first?
Well that’s not exactly what happened, but I don’t want to delve into that. I could delve into it if you turn that (motions to recorder) off
 But ultimately the mix and the process of getting the production finished was very stressful for me. So when I say it’s my worst song it has nothing to do with the song, just my emotional connection to it.

Source: http://www.popjustice.com/interviewsandfeatures/an-interview-with-lady-gaga/84204/#ixzz3Xtg40V00

What don't you like about your own work?
‘I can’t even watch the “Telephone” video, I hate it so much.’

What's wrong with it?
‘BeyoncĂ© and I are great together. But there are so many ****ing ideas in that video and all I see in that video is my brain throbbing with ideas and I wish I had edited myself a little bit more. It’s funny because I know a lot of kids on the Popjustice [the interviewer’s music website] forum didn’t like the “Alejandro” video, but that was my favourite of all my videos.’

Because there's a lot less going on in it?
‘[Nods] It’s not busy. But maybe that’s my own monster. People love the chaos in my brain, but I’m terrified of it.’

Perhaps you're not the best judge of your own work.
‘I’m certainly not the best judge. I know when I do my best, though.’

Source: http://www.timeout.com/london/music/lady-gaga-interview-1

No Angel

It's one of her best music videos.

Death @ "every song on ARTPOP is better than Telephone." :sharon:

Katsuki Bakugo

That video was one of her best and has one of her most iconic looks... SHE NEEDS TO NOT. 

If All You Ever Do Is Look Down On People, You Won't Be Able To Recognize Your Own Weaknesses.

Katie14

I don't think she actually hated the song and video. I think she elaborated and said that she hated all the stress that went into the creation of that song and video. She also said she wished she edited herself more in the video and that too many things were going on at once.

badboymonsterx

Doesn't anyone remember how she tweeted "I feel bad for Bad Romance video because Telephone is so much better" or something like that? I clearly remember this.. hmph

PartySick

She hates it because of its meaning :blehga:

Every time she hears it she's reminded of those a**holes who won't "stop calling her" (telling her what to do, taking over her artistic direction, trying to own her). 

Stan big or go home :legend:

đŸ–€

Ferrer Zorola

it's my FAVORITE song and video ever :awkney: 

sorry paparazzi and do what u want it's not you it's me 

LIFE IS GOOD

telephone is better than anything in ARTPOP and C2C and she stans more for tha latest 2

npt her shading the most successful and iconic collaboration of the recent years

gurl what..........

My Favs = Lady Gaga, Janet Jackson, Ricky Martin, AKB48

Archived