đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Did Gaga get any backlash from Alejandro sounding like Don't Turn Around?

Morphine Prince

Featured Posts

Morphine Prince

So we all know Alejandro sounds like this song. I wasn't on the forums back then and got all my Gaga news from Google news and other sites. I didn't know about GGD back then. I didn't notice any backlash from this though. Did she get any? 

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JustPokeHerFace

She got backlash from Alejandro's MV, but not from the song sounding like this one or anything else. 

Morphine Prince

This doesn't sound like Alejandro:awkney:, so no.

​Yes it does....

Ethan

i can see the similarities but rly the music vid won the backlash 

also lol @ this music video 

Gohan

The religious drama overshadowed the "backlash" she could've get. But when the song was released officially as the last single from TFM, some people noticed it :gum:

tryna go ask Alice, tryna catch that rabbit

giskardsb

I always thought it sounded too much like a Madonna/Ace of Base mashup.

PartySick

No idea, never paid any attention to the critics 'cause I like what I like and f*ck their opinions. :fthis:

Plus, I can't be the only one who's waaay past over this whole "this song sounds like this song" thing :bye:

đź–¤

LoveandMagic

I always thought it sounded too much like a Madonna/Ace of Base mashup.

​

Online reviewer Todd in the Shadows mentioned it sounded like Ace of Base I think. I think he really likes Gaga though.

Just repeat to yourself, "It's just a show. I should really just relax."

Kulture Kiari

Im sure I read somewhere that Gaga herself said that Alejandro itself was an homage to Ace Of Base. In fact, the only reason I found out who these were was because of Gaga herself talking about them.

I wasn't here on GGD at that time either but it was mentioned in articles that I read.  They wrote it sounded like Ace of Base but it was more of a suggestion / comparison not a scandal or anything near the Express Yourself This Way controversy that was about to follow.

Archived