💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Now that The Throne of Pop is empty......

daviddarko

Featured Posts

Economy

​Nop.. I said that because it kinda shows their future.. Taylor's albums will still be selling a lot for a while .And I don't think that R8 will sell more than 1,5m :awkney:

​a lot of things must be considered not just albums... especially since album sales are dying more and more

who are considered the most successful artists in 10-20 years, u think they are gonna pay any attention to albums to determine the success of their career?

they are more likely to take accumulated VEVO/YOUTUBE views mroe seriously than album sales :shrug:

Some artists are bigger in some ways and some artists in others, thats why its hard to say who the biggest is and people always argue... its kinda subjective!

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fiona Apple

​a lot of things must be considered not just albums... especially since album sales are dying more and more

who the most successful artists are they are gonna pay any attention to albums u really think in 10-20 years when they look at the numbers of albums they sold to see their career success?

they are more likely to take accumulated VEVO/YOUTUBE views mroe seriously than album sales :shrug:

Some artists are bigger in some ways and some artists in others, thats why its hard to say who the biggest is and people always argue... its kinda subjective!

​Album sales are not dying tho :awkney: They fell cause of the streaming.They fell a lot.But now they are pretty stable.. And even her recent singles aren't performing well. Rihanna's new singles peaked at #4 and #19. 

Robotboy

Madonna is sat on it still though.

​if she had quit after 2006, she may have stayed on the throne. but she is ruining her legacy day by day :rip:

Remember that you are unique. Like everyone else.

Redstreak

I'll still not understand how Taylor is still not considered global by people. Being dominant in one country does not preclude one from being worldwide. Selling twenty million in one country doesn't negate the fact I still sold ten million outside of it, especially when those outside numbers are the same as current "global" stars whole numbers.

Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~

Alfonso

Madonna is sat on it still though.

And Gaga can dance no better than anybody on that list. :green:  And RiRi rihinvents herself. :green: And "should be global" :toofloppy: 

And Taylor/Katy(PWT) both do good shows :green:

Economy

​Album sales are not dying tho :awkney: They fell cause of the streaming.They fell a lot.But now they are pretty stable.. And even her recent singles aren't performing well. Rihanna's new singles peaked at #4 and #19. 

​theyve been stable over the past 1-2 years... thats a very short time span when looking long term.

And even if they stop falling, still, they arent as major as they used to be, singles are much stronger now and streaming keeps growing. Natural changes of the digital age

the metrics of how u measure success in turn have to be adapted as well

While album sales shouldn't be taken out of the equation, i think people put too much emphasis on that 1 thing still when its not as significant as it used to be. U cant put as much importance on it as 20 years ago as they make up a much smaller percentage of an artists over-all sales and success :shrug:

bionic

And Taylor/Katy(PWT) both do good shows :green:

​I never went to the prismRave but I really enjoyed the Candyfornia Ball in 2011

buy bionic

daviddarko

I'll still not understand how Taylor is still not considered global by people. Being dominant in one country does not preclude one from being worldwide. Selling twenty million in one country doesn't negate the fact I still sold ten million outside of it, especially when those outside numbers are the same as current "global" stars whole numbers.

​Taylor can't do a tour for Latin America because the people do not know her

ItsTommyBitch

Taylor reinvented herself as the Pop-Princess she was always born to be if that counts :awesome:

More importantly, why is Queen Beyonce not here :koons: 

Imo, Beyonce is the only other modern popstar on Gaga's level when it comes to performance.

If she wrote all of her lyrics, the world literally couldn't handle her stardom :nooo:. She matches every category perfectly otherwise.

She has a ridiculous amount of impact as well.

I also think Katy puts on a good show as well :yes: Esp. compared to Rihanna, who really isnt THAT amazing of a singer - she's pretty hit or miss imo and her songs are hardly ever vocally challenging either :shrug: 

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから

Alfonso

​I never went to the prismRave but I really enjoyed the Candyfornia Ball in 2011

And The Im Sasha Fame Ball (KHT) :green: 

Fiona Apple

​theyve been stable over the past 1-2 years... thats a very short time span when looking long term.

And even if they stop falling, still, they arent as major as they used to be, singles are much stronger now and streaming keeps growing. Natural changes of the digital age

the metrics of how u measure success in turn have to be adapted as well

While album sales shouldn't be taken out of the equation, i think people put too much emphasis on that 1 thing still when its not as significant as it used to be. U cant put as much importance on it as 20 years ago as they make up a much smaller percentage of an artists over-all sales and success :shrug:

​2012s sales were 10 times worse than 2014's sales.And they aren't going to fall because the reason they started falling is the internet.It started getting popular so fast and as it was getting popular,people would get more music for free.Now that everyone knows and uses the internet,there is not a reason for the album sales to fall.And I think that album sales still be the most important thing. It's obviously not the only thing that counts and I never said it is. 

Harry

​well shes not deeply symbolic (most of the time), and the stuff she sings about are pretty common

But she has done all kidns of stlyes and experimented around a lot.

Most artists who are "generic" kinda do the same thing over and over and only change once the fan base gets tired of it

Like Britney Spears is an example of generic (especially when she was younger) although i still love her. Generic doesnt necessairily mean bad, just common... some generic artists are more talanted and interesting than some weird "ungeneric" garbage any ramdom person can come up with :awkney:

​You don't have to create 'symbolic' work to not be generic... Sure she's not the most complicated artist and hasn't released any groundbreaking musical works, but she's a pop artist that's there to appeal to the masses... But she has a distinct style, voice, sound etc. I can't see any of the other main pop girls pulling off some of the songs she does. Even if they are, dare I say, quite 'basic'.

daviddarko

Imo, Beyonce is the only other modern popstar on Gaga's level when it comes to performance.

If she wrote all of her lyrics, the world literally couldn't handle her stardom :nooo:. She matches every category perfectly otherwise.

She has a ridiculous amount of impact as well.

I also think Katy puts on a good show as well :yes: Esp. compared to Rihanna, who really isnt THAT amazing of a singer - she's pretty hit or miss imo and her songs are hardly ever vocally challenging either :shrug: 

​well, maybe, but for me Beyonce is huge only in America and her music is not very Pop. :shrug:

Archived