💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Is a hit song guaranteed for every Gaga album?

Quark

Featured Posts

Bad Bromance

I am confident Gaga will be successful with her next album.  If she isn't, it will okay because I care about her music, not the charts.  Now, if we can have music and the bling then it makes being a Gaga fan that much sweeter.   :yes:

I don't care what you think about unless it is about me.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At least it is  guaranteed for the next album when she release this masterpiece in it's first version. It's so powerful, catchy and creative, i mean hip-hop+guitars+techno = ultimative ARTPOP :legend:Hope RedOne knows about the song and contacts Garibay to make this song with Gaga what it deserves to be: "The Summer Rave Anthem  2016" :legend:

Whispering

Yes, Gaga is still relevant and has the support of a major label and a new management team. She's had several hits (and songs that could have been hits) on every album. I don't see why this next solo release would be different. 

​To whose standards exactly? ATRL and a few unstable fans on here don't count lol.If Applause wasn't a hit then neither were Alejandro, LoveGame, and You & I (locally).

​

​

And the who are those people? Because even DWUW can be considered a hit

​

A top 4 song that stays in the top 10 for a long time and was played at sporting events, beauty pageants, commercials and is multi-platinum. Hmmmmm. Who's standards would say that's not a hit? 

​Definitely not my standards. i think Applause is amazing and that it really helped ARTPOP in an era that was otherwise a complete mess.

But some people don't consider a song a hit if there isn't awareness or a buzz around it. Even though Gaga got to number 4 and performed it at the VMAs I don't remember hearing it around or hearing other people talk about it in the way Gaga's singles used to be talked about. It didn't leave a footprint in the way some of her previous singles have.
I'm not chart obsessed so I'm just happy whenever we get new music and it wasn't my intention to bash or belittle Applause. I just was saying that some people wouldn't classify it as a hit and many people didn't even know Gaga had new music out when the single was out. Just speaking from my own experiences!

Dorothy Gale

​

​

​Definitely not my standards. i think Applause is amazing and that it really helped ARTPOP in an era that was otherwise a complete mess.

But some people don't consider a song a hit if there isn't awareness or a buzz around it. Even though Gaga got to number 4 and performed it at the VMAs I don't remember hearing it around or hearing other people talk about it in the way Gaga's singles used to be talked about. It didn't leave a footprint in the way some of her previous singles have.
I'm not chart obsessed so I'm just happy whenever we get new music and it wasn't my intention to bash or belittle Applause. I just was saying that some people wouldn't classify it as a hit and many people didn't even know Gaga had new music out when the single was out. Just speaking from my own experiences!

Well that's true, it had less buzz. But "I live for the applause" is a GP recognizeable phrase that is associated with Gaga.

Vernier

Not guaranteed, but she's very capable of a few. Applause was a hit in her flop era, and DWUW inspite of the messy release, messy era and not having a video, still did well, so she's very capable of having hits next era.

Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn

Well that's true, it had less buzz. But "I live for the applause" is a GP recognizeable phrase that is associated with Gaga.

​Is it? GOOD. And also I have seen a couple of vines featuring the song so people definitely are more aware of it than they are songs like GUY (obviously lol).

I just didn't want people thinking that I myself was one of the people who didn't consider it a hit. I don't bash Gaga like that :yes:

Alfonso

Not guaranteed, but likely.

This 

It's NEVER guaranteed. But based on her past albums she should have at least 1:
The Fame: 4
TFM: 3
BTW: 3
ARTPOP: 2

This too :yes: 

Arturo

​

​

​Unfortunately, you cannot determine how big a song was or whether it was a hit based on personal experience. Although I understand where you're coming from, I think it's quite safe to say that those of us who are "chart obsessed" can be confident when we say that Applause was a hit. 

​Unfortunately, you cannot determine how big a song was or whether it was a hit based on personal experience. Although I understand where you're coming from, I think it's quite safe to say that those of us who are "chart obsessed" can be confident when we say that Applause was a hit. 

​Oh also by chart obsessed I didn't mean people who were focused heavily on charts. I more meant the people who only judge the quality of music based on how well it did :) I actually really appreciate that the community here has people like you who track and keep note of the chart positions because god knows I wouldn't be able to track it or aggregate it in the way you guys do!

I'm glad Applause was the "little single that could" (I saw it called that on here a couple months ago and I loved the description so I still use it :hehe:)

Oscar

There's still enough of us that we can at least get a top 10 for the next few albums if they songs were hypothetically sub-par. 

Eventually she'll have consecutive flop eras like Madonna but that's not something we need to worry about till like 20+ years and even then she could pop out a Hung Up 

AgusPop

to some people's standards Applause doesn't even count as a hit. So I would say no it isn't guaranteed but I know she has it in her to give us good music that we can all be proud to listen to!

​King Applause was a Hit my Dear,.  4 months in top10 of BB Hot100

iMonster

A hit according to the standards of charting? Sure. It's proven from all of her previous albums. 

But Gaga truly shines with songs that'll never be singles and to be honest I'm grateful for those. DITD will forever be our gem. As with, Brown Eyes, Electric Chapel, MJH, Gypsy etc to name a few. 

As long as she continues to release great ALBUMS I couldn't care less about how it charts. I'll still be here ready to throw my money down because I know the overall product will be worth it.  

​King Applause was a Hit my Dear,.  4 months in top10 of BB Hot100

​already addressed this boo I know it's a hit I was saying others don't share that sentiment 

Archived