Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Is a hit song guaranteed for every Gaga album?

Quark

Featured Posts

Quark

o<(0_0)>o

So far Gaga has made at least one hit song with every album. So do you think Gaga has a guaranteed hit song for every album she releases (at least for a while)?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

to some people's standards Applause doesn't even count as a hit. So I would say no it isn't guaranteed but I know she has it in her to give us good music that we can all be proud to listen to!

Arturo

It's NEVER guaranteed. But based on her past albums she should have at least 1:
The Fame: 4
TFM: 3
BTW: 3
ARTPOP: 2

ARTPOPisaChoice

For at least the next two albums, yes. I believe she will have mulitple with LG5

Hands up to the sky 🌧 I’ll be your galaxy 🌌

Arturo

to some people's standards Applause doesn't even count as a hit. So I would say no it isn't guaranteed but I know she has it in her to give us good music that we can all be proud to listen to!

​To whose standards exactly? ATRL and a few unstable fans on here don't count lol.
If Applause wasn't a hit then neither were Alejandro, LoveGame, and You & I (locally).

Quark

And the who are those people? Because even DWUW can be considered a hit

ARTPOPisaChoice

A hit is guarenteed. 

A 5M+ WW selling, Top 5 in most markets smash is not

Hands up to the sky 🌧 I’ll be your galaxy 🌌

Dorothy Gale

A top 4 song that stays in the top 10 for a long time and was played at sporting events, beauty pageants, commercials and is multi-platinum. Hmmmmm. Who's standards would say that's not a hit? 

Arturo

And the who are those people? Because even DWUW can be considered a hit

​Given the digital sales decline that began in 2013 (yes, 2012 was the last year digital sales grew in comparison to the previous year), I would say anything that crossed 1,000,000 since the sales decline is a hit, while anything that crosses 2,000,000 is a big hit. Yes it's quite sad to have those numbers be the standard but even the biggest hits of the year that charted in the Top 5 (LMYLD, 45S) are going to crawl past the 2m mark 

Cody Draco

Nothing is guaranteed, but it's very likely she will have at least 1 hit per album until ageism takes effect.

Quark

​Given the digital sales decline that began in 2013 (yes, 2012 was the last year digital sales grew in comparison to the previous year), I would say anything that crossed 1,000,000 since the sales decline is a hit, while anything that crosses 2,000,000 is a big hit. Yes it's quite sad to have those numbers be the standard but even the biggest hits of the year that charted in the Top 5 (LMYLD, 45S) are going to crawl past the 2m mark 

Yeah, didn't DWUW sale about 1 million?

Spyro

It's NEVER guaranteed. But based on her past albums she should have at least 1:
The Fame: 4
TFM: 3
BTW: 3
ARTPOP: 2

Why is BTW given 3?  BTW, Judas, TEoG, and Y&I.  Or you wouldn't count Judas as a hit?  Just curious.

Spyro the Dragon

Arturo

Yeah, didn't DWUW sale about 1 million?

​1,220,000 is our latest official number from Billboard.

Why is BTW given 3?  BTW, Judas, TEoG, and Y&I.  Or you wouldn't count Judas as a hit?  Just curious.

​I didn't count Judas since it did not cross 1M after 4 years and was a failure on radio. 

Archived