💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

question

What if ARTPOP's name was VENUS instead?

HANZ

Slays or Not?  

139 members have voted

1. 1. Slays or Not?

• I like it
    • no ARTPOP>>>>>>>>>

Featured Posts

This as an album cover>>>>>

Singles:

Venus

PARTYNAUSEOUS

Do What U Want ft not R. Kelly

Sexxx Dreams

Red Flame ft Azealia Banks

I can't believe we only got 2 videos this era....

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Creyk

Venus is far from my favorite songs, however this is a great idea. How did Gaga not change the album title to this is beyond me rn....it's so much better than the try hard pretentious title "ARTPOP".... the little managers excel yet again

SEANGT

ARTPOP is so much of what Gaga is about though. She really dedicated herself to this album and I love what it meant to her, so I wouldn't want to change that. 

I'd prefer it and it would fit the album more. There's a lot of s-xy songs about femininity. 

The only "ARTPOP" songs on ARTPOP are Aura, ARTPOP, Swine and Applause. 

The Taylor Brigade: KNOCKOUT

dear god no

ARTPOP is much better

I can't understand monsters being so crazy about Venus

it's not even that good of a song 

月にかわって、おしおきよ!🌙

danwasd

I'd prefer it and it would fit the album more. There's a lot of s-xy songs about femininity. 

The only "ARTPOP" songs on ARTPOP are Aura, ARTPOP, Swine and Applause. 

​Imagine ARTPOP (song) not being 'ARTPOP-ish' :lolly:

Omegahedron

I like it more than the nebulous and difficult to commutatecommutate concept of ARTPOP. And it actually relates better to the true concepts of the album and its songs.

Candy Oyster

It would be better i guess, because the midia/critic would not recognize it as a pretentious name. 

Candy Oyster

And most of the songs on the album talk about things that easily can be related to "Goddess Of Love" (Sex, Love, Dance, Anger), there are only 2 songs that really are "ARTPOP (Applause & ARTPOP), because both express about art and those things. :awkney:

LoveandMagic

​First off, I so love these cover mock ups!

I prefer the title ARTPOP, but the name Venus got me thinking how much fun it would be if Gaga did a an album or just an EP on femininity as seen through the lens of art. I think there is so much she could do with that. I would prefer an EP because it might come off as excluding her male fan base. It could be a light, pop dance album but maybe it has different musical influences. She could take looks and inspiration from various female figures in history, art, and, and music. It could be commercial or experimental. 

Just repeat to yourself, "It's just a show. I should really just relax."

ARTPOPisaChoice

VENUS 

Gaga's fourth studio album, released on November 11, 2013

US First Week - 304.000

WW First Week - 668.000

Metacritic Score - 66

US Sales (2015) - 1.004.000

WW Sales (2015) - 3.123.000

Singles 

Applause (8/11/13) 

2.76M US (#3) 

4.2M WW 

Venus (11/4/13) 

3M US (#1)

6M WW 

Gypsy (2/1/2014)

1.87M US (#9)

2.8M WW 

The name change keeps Gaga dedicated to her second single choice, which miracously catches on with the public. The music video for Venus goes viral, reaching 700M views. The name change also increases GP interest and helps the Metacritic score of the album go up (also affected by the commcial success). While the follow-up single Gypsy doesn't do as well, VENUS is looked on upon fans as a Gaga album in a new era of lower sales, instead of a "flop." Gaga is still at the top of her game, competive against Rihanna and Katy Perry.

The era's fashion is less inspired by Koons and more by renaissance artists such as Bottecelli and Micheangelo. In a way, a Venus album would be more artsy than ARTPOP. 

Promotion would revolve around marketing the album as a "journey through love and art through the eyes of a Goddess." 

Hands up to the sky 🌧 I’ll be your galaxy 🌌

Archived