💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

celeb

Gwyneth Paltrow living on food stamps for a week, shows how out of touch with reality she is

Morphine Prince

Featured Posts

oprahwinfrey

i can not stand her:awkney:.... and honestly i don't know what she is saying...

does she expect impoverished families to buy a pound of vegetables for the week and live off of that? idk what she is getting at 

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
venusian

​What family only gets $29 a week? And let's be real here, people that are on these programs usually buy pre-packaged foods that aren't perishable. And I highly doubt she will actually live on this for a week. 

​family that only get welfare she obviously didn't just come up with those facts those are statistics

WELCOME TO THE TRAGIC KINGDOM

Morphine Prince

​family that only get welfare she obviously didn't just come up with those facts those are statistics

​Families usually get hundreds of dollars a month. Not just $30 a week. 

And that's still not enough to buy a lot of healthier foods. 

Pierre

She's way to crazy and vegan for my taste. I kinda like her. 

❝Is not blue, not turquoise, not lapis. It's actually cerulean❞.

Pierre

why did she buy 7 limes? :air:

​:air:  :lmao: 

❝Is not blue, not turquoise, not lapis. It's actually cerulean❞.

Whispering

On average, SNAP households currently receive about $256 a month.  The average SNAP benefit per person is about $125 per month, which works out to about $1.40 per person per meal.

So, for one person, it is around 31 dollars a week.

Morphine Prince

On average, SNAP households currently receive about $256 a month.  The average SNAP benefit per person is about $125 per month, which works out to about $1.40 per person per meal.

So, for one person, it is around 31 dollars a week.

​Are you serious? Because the people who I know on SNAP get so much more than this... 

Well, then I guess she got those two confused. She meant per person then. 

Schwerk

why did she buy 7 limes? :air:

Haha yup. She would've made a better point if she had actually bought things that could combined into a full meal. Take the true challenge to see if eating healthy is even an option with that income.

According to Gaga I'm a ****ing rad bitch

Whispering

​Thanks for the info. 

It says here for a family of 3 it's $511 yet I know this family that gets ~$700. Interesting...

It says that several states had elected to relax the limits. Maybe some states have increased the benefits, as well. Thirty dollars per person, per week isn't enough! At least school age kids do get a free breakfast and lunch during the school year. That helps somewhat. 

Princess Die

I was on foodstamps a while back and I had more than $29. Thanks sis, but no. :deadbanana:

Nod if you wanna make love with the enemy. ❀

Why should she buy a load of shıt that you've decided is 'more representative'? She's bought what she would buy if she were on food stamps. 

This is for one person. If you don't think what she's bought can make up healthy meals, you are ignorant. Rice, beans, peas, eggs and a range of vegetables will make some very good meals.

I look at that and think there are good meals there, but it's a pretty 'no frills' diet, and the portions will be only just enough to get by. Isn't that more the point of what she's saying? 

Archived