💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

music news

Taylor Swift f/ Kendrick Lamar - "Bad Blood"

SIRE

Featured Posts

Chromatislaps

Because she's the best selling, most famous and most powerful musician right now :awkney: 

​best selling, being famous and being powerful =/= quality music :green: 

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Spock

​It looks like the classic rent a raper scenario, where the motivation is commercial.

Taylor realizes after Style that she needs help making the 4th single a hit, after selling so many albums. And Kendrick, after doing 2 albums for hip-hop purists, may want exposure on pop radio.

It will ironic if Taylor follows Katy's ET model (also a 4th single) and gets a prestige rapper, but fails utterly to match the success of ET with her Katy diss song.

​Yes, this is for commercial motivations but he could not be further from a rent a rapper. BOB, Travie McCoy, Iggy, Twista... Those are. Kendrick Lamar is a Grammy award winning, critically acclaimed and respected rapper.

Also, talks about Bad Blood getting a remix started even before Style was announced as third single, so she didn't realize anything. This is not a cheap shot at getting #1, like Katy with those Missy Eliott, BOB and Riff Raff two cent remixes she released after ET

who will love me when the night is over

Spock

​best selling, being famous and being powerful =/= quality music :green: 

​Well, her seven Grammys, including AOTY, awarded to her by her peers in the industry beg to differ

JEWRJEWR

Why him :awkney:

​

​Kendrick Lamar is a Grammy award winning, critically acclaimed and respected rapper.

​:fan::fan:  a 2 hour reverse warholian expedition. i c it

Fear, she's the mother of violence

Spock

​

​:fan::fan:  a 2 hour reverse warholian expedition. i c it

​Yeah, I don't like him nor his music at all, but calling Kendrick Lamar a rent a rapper is the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

Chromatislaps

​Well, her seven Grammys, including AOTY, awarded to her by her peers in the industry beg to differ

​mmm I do not agree, her songwriting may be good, but her vocals and her music production is lackluster and bubblegum imho...name one song that will be iconic/remembered in 20 years...then we'll talk. 

Spock

​mmm I do not agree, her songwriting may be good, but her vocals and her music production is lackluster and bubblegum imho...name one song that will be iconic/remembered in 20 years...then we'll talk. 

​Well, she still wound up with critical acclaim for all her albums and ended up on many year end and best of lists, so not that many people have problems with her vocals and production. And it's impossible to know what will be Iconic in 20 years. It that's what you worry about when you stan then :rip:

LoveandMagic

It would be hilarious if Katy had a walk on role! The internet would EXPLODE!

Just repeat to yourself, "It's just a show. I should really just relax."

Harry

If he really is on it imma be pissed. He's worth more than a rent a rapper feature to solely bump Taylor up a few places on the Hot 100. No disrespect to her or anything but let's be real, that's would be the sole purpose of this. I really hope this doesn't happen.

SlayedForTheGod

did we watch the same interview cause he literally said they havent worked together

Michael Woodson

So his team didn't let him release bdkmv and partynasaeous because they didn't want him to be associated with gaga but let's him work with Taylor. Gags gets discriminated against so much in this industry and it irks me :miley:

​You got it all twisted bro... His team wanted her to use auto-tune on bdkmv, But her team wasn't having it and they pull the plug on both collabos/songs. Her team didn't want her to be associated with Kendrick. They actually don't want her to be associated with any rapper or R&B singer. And Gaga does not get discriminated against in the industry.... On the contrary, She discriminates against most artists in the industry.  

Pure Adrenaline

so he will make remix with Taylor but wouldn't release a single with Gaga 

It's much more fun to have hizophrenia... u never get lonely

VOLANTIS

i think it would've been cool if she did a All of The Lights type of remix for it, with like a dozen artists as BGvox & have a few sing parts of it

​Everyone dragging Katy..

I can see Gaga pulling up her tweets for her part in the song.. 

"Mechanical Horses don't fix Bullet Holes.."

"Cause baby now we got Green Hair"

"You used to call me New Madonna but better" 

:sis:

I'll lift you 3 inches off the ground and drag you to a meter and a half

Archived