❤︎ OUT NOW! ❤︎
celeb

Bjork: "Sound is the n***** of the world"

Yanko

Featured Posts

Alien Tulip

My cousin has a parakeet named Bjork. Human behavior was her favorite song throughout her whole life so she bought this really beautiful parakeet with orange feathers that change into a salmon pink towards the feathers and its head is yellow and so she named it "Bjork" because human behavior was the song that played in her car while driving to the bird adoption center. Bjork (the parakeet) loves to sing along not only bjork songs but to tori amos and alanis morissette songs as well. 

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ItsTommyBitch

Maybe a lot of us don't get what it means just by reading it because we are hesitant to assign stereotypical judgments to the word "******" because we associate it with black people... :emma: Does she mean --- neglected? persecuted? uncared for? Does she mean rude/offensive? Does she mean thug-like? Does she mean rebellious?

At least... these were the things I immediately thought and most of them dont make absolutely any sense in regards to sound, or would be personifying sound if used that way, which is why it is confusing.

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから

StrawberryBlond

I've got the feeling she just used the word to make a point. In this context, it sounds like she's saying that she means "discriminated against." But if that's what she meant, why couldn't she have said "sound is the black people of the world" or something. Ok, it wouldn't have made that much sense and you would need clarification, but at least it wouldn't have been offensive. There's some words you just don't say, no matter what. In this day and age, you can no longer claim "that's not what I mean when I say it" or "it's just a word, it doesn't mean anything." Yeah, it's easy to say that when you're not part of the group that has to deal with this apparently meaningless word being used against them. You don't use such a negative word when there's a correct, technical term to use instead. I once heard my aunt say that when her husband tans, he "goes the colour of a n****r." Now, my aunt grew up in the late 50's and was used to terms like this being used, sometimes racist, sometimes not. It was just the word that was used for these different-looking people in the country. But she knows things are different now and you can't say certain words. Why didn't she just say "the colour of a black person?" Why the need to use an obvious racist slur that you know is wrong? Even if you mean nothing negative, it's still wrong. As long as certain words exist to hurt certain groups of people, you shouldn't use them. It's awful when someone from a non-discriminated group tells a discriminated group what they can and can't be offended about. As if they would understand what these words felt like or something.

Redstreak

I just hate that a--lysis and calling out potentially racial issues has become stigmatized in our society. Like Kayla said it's a good thing that people are taking notice to these kinds of issues, because that's what they are: issues. Not this Bjork incident in particular but in the grand scheme of things race still plays a big part in our cultures fabric and naturally a lot of racist comments are going to be made. Some of these racist comments aren't always going to be as blatant as someone spouting of the n word, but that doesn't mean they aren't worthy of being called out on. I think Bjork made a misjudgment in this use of the word (apparently she has twice now). I don't think she is racist but I don't think she took into consideration how disgusting the history of the word is, and how many people would be offended by her use of it. Especially considering how unimportant this issue is in the grand scheme of things. I just wish that I could a--lyze something or make an interpretation without people shouting "SJW SJW" "EVERYTHING IS RACIST THESE DAYS" "WHITE GAY MEN LOOK FOR THE RACISM IN EVERYTHING."

Sorry that my family has many african american members. Sorry that my best friend is south asian and she has noticed a lot of cultural appropriation in our (american) culture. Sorry some of the most important figures in my life have been black. Sorry I do what I can to make those around me more conscious of racial issues... How screwed up of a world do we live in where the fight for equality has become stigmatized.

​This is probably one of the best posts I ever read on this forum.

Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~

Battle 4 Ur Life

Awkward. Does she think she's Kanye West?

“Stupid Love aged like Macallan tho”

Lion Heart

Bjork wtf RG8Lum5.gif

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

xoxo cupcakke

N**** is losings its offensiveness or maybe that's just me. White people say it my school, Latinos say it my school, Asians say it in ny school but there's not anybody in my school who identifies as "black" which could justify the liberal usage in my school, especially among the popular crowd whi feel so invincible

Also, we should not let a people own a word. That's just ridiculous in the fight for racial equality. That's furthering the notion that we are not equal if I, Björk, and countless others cannot say a certain word because the color of our skin and African heritage. I mean, I'm dark skinned and I could possibly have African ancestry but I don't know if I do

Going off on a tangent here, this reminds me how much people don't believe I'm American because many confuse me with a person of Middle Eastern descent than anything else. Some people don't even believe I'm Mexican-American, which I don't like to be because Americans of European descent can live their lives as Americans while I'm and others just a hyphenated hybrid of American who doesn't like I'm stereotypically supposed to. Why's it so hard to see ourselves as one and American in the US? I don't even like using terms like Latino and American, black, Arab, Asian, etc. to separate ourselves but it's all for people to understand what peoples I am talking about. Waiting for the day I no longer have to use epithets to describe people. 2115, here I come :madge:

​Are they using the hard er? cus I know "*****" has become synonymous with man or boy in urban communities. just like B**ch is synonymous with woman or girl. I Don't think the people at your school would wanna hear an icelandic pop artist say N***** in any sort of context.

Ni*ger of the world is a song by John Lennon and Yoko Ono called "Woman is the Ni*ger of the World" I'm sure she did a reference to that, but yeah still she could use another metaphor.

yassitscarcass

​I don't have a school LOOOOOL but I don't get the point of what you're saying...?

I always wonder how many % of the people who are SHOCKED and OFFENDED about these quotes are actually black.

​Oh ****.............

My Favs = Lady Gaga, Janet Jackson, Ricky Martin, AKB48

Whispering

I just hate that a--lysis and calling out potentially racial issues has become stigmatized in our society. Like Kayla said it's a good thing that people are taking notice to these kinds of issues, because that's what they are: issues. Not this Bjork incident in particular but in the grand scheme of things race still plays a big part in our cultures fabric and naturally a lot of racist comments are going to be made. Some of these racist comments aren't always going to be as blatant as someone spouting of the n word, but that doesn't mean they aren't worthy of being called out on. I think Bjork made a misjudgment in this use of the word (apparently she has twice now). I don't think she is racist but I don't think she took into consideration how disgusting the history of the word is, and how many people would be offended by her use of it. Especially considering how unimportant this issue is in the grand scheme of things. I just wish that I could a--lyze something or make an interpretation without people shouting "SJW SJW" "EVERYTHING IS RACIST THESE DAYS" "WHITE GAY MEN LOOK FOR THE RACISM IN EVERYTHING."

Sorry that my family has many african american members. Sorry that my best friend is south asian and she has noticed a lot of cultural appropriation in our (american) culture. Sorry some of the most important figures in my life have been black. Sorry I do what I can to make those around me more conscious of racial issues... How screwed up of a world do we live in where the fight for equality has become stigmatized.

:applause::applause::applause:

"Political correctness" or "Social Justice Warrior" are phrases that were created by bigots to throw in the faces of people who call them out for their prejudice. As soon as I hear someone say, "Stop being so PC or a SJW", I  know that person is prejudiced against some group of people. 

Yanko

​jed for admin 2k15

lego

:applause::applause::applause:

"Political correctness" or "Social Justice Warrior" are phrases that were created by bigots to throw in the faces of people who call them out for their prejudice. As soon as I hear someone say, "Stop being so PC or a SJW", I  know that person is prejudiced against some group of people. 

FreePalestine

Archived