Harlequin - OUT SEPTEMBER 27th
celeb

Madonna has actually done some amazing stuff

Sia Daily

Featured Posts

Sia Daily

Her last good album was confessions I think.
 Although not a fave of mine.

Isn't she signed up for another two albums on this label? So does that mean within the next 5 years we can expect another....erm....rebel heart!?!?!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pure Adrenaline

Like a Prayer >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

It's much more fun to have hizophrenia... u never get lonely

Stef

The thing about Madonna is, well, she was untouchable, I mean, in some areas she still is because she's MADONNA. But things took a bad turn tbh when the whole Gaga fiasco started. The only way she was staying in the headlines circa 2011 was because of the BTW controversy. And as a certified pop legend, she should have really rose above it, but then to drag it out even further by attempting to shade Gaga during the MDNA tour also generated negative press. The MDNA album as a whole sounded like a really bad attempt to stay in the same lane as the younger ones. (Which really she didn't need to do because, as mentioned, she is Madonna lol) Roping in Nicki and MIA to your lead single? When you're Madonna? Really?.... I'm not gonna discredit MDNA because I own it and there are a few bops on there.

Fast forward 3 years and its 2015, collaborating with the younger ones again to create Rebel Heart. Which fared even worse than MDNA in terms of critical and commercial success tbh. Madonna has nothing to prove anymore, she has had a HUGELY successful career and will possibly remain the biggest selling female ever tbh as I don't see anyone taking her crown in that field anytime soon what with the way sales are going these days. She should retire with her dignity in my opinion. Either that or continue making music that isn't so forcefully created for mainstream success. She's past all that at this point. And I ain't being ageist either before y'all jump down my throats. To retire and maintain her legacy will always be better than continuing to create mediocre albums with lackluster results to show for them in terms of commercial and critical success. 

Madonna should be remembered for her iconic songs, albums and tours. Not for trying to remain relevant, she shouldn't have to. She will always be relevant in the way she changed the pop scene.

Signature loading… 👹🖤

jorgeropero

hmm yeah, she has done a lot of things but she's always been so cocky and that's the thing I don't like.

but yeah, Like a prayer is a good single tho

Chromatislaps

​And Erotica, Bedtime stories, RH to

​well they have their moments, not every song on those records are quite up to her best ability....I think ROL, Music and COADF are the albums that do showcase her ability to write, brilliant, timeless and mature songs...those albums are the ones I hear mostly played on the radio...and rightly so

Spock

I don't understand what's so incredibly surprising tho :koons: 

Madonna is the OG weave snatching fave slayer 

who will love me when the night is over

MyQueen

​well they have their moments, not every song on those records are quite up to her best ability....I think ROL, Music and COADF are the albums that do showcase her ability to write, brilliant, timeless and mature songs...those albums are the ones I hear mostly played on the radio...and rightly so

​I think they are, but everyone has their fav

Evil R

If she can made a song like Inside Out, i think she didn't lost anything. I think Ray of Light was her  best work ever but that doesn't mean she has to top it with other albums.

Dunk96

She's talented for sure but she's sacrificed her talent for the pursuit of trying to stay cool. 

​This. Even though I love Rebel Heart and most of the album,it's very unfortunate that she's sacrificing her talents to try to stay relevant and cool.

"The Power of Goodbye" and "Sky Fits Heaven" are definitely two of my favorite songs by Madonna. They're both extremely beautiful and powerful.

elijahfan

Her past work is awesome but she is pissing on her career with the work she is putting out lately which is tragic.

​Basically this......

Sia Daily

Like A Prayer is such a great track.

I may have interpreted this completely wrong but how I see LAP (song) is that it's KINDA like one of those songs you get at a church (not the traditional hymn style ones, the newer ones, you know like "shine jesus shine"..) yet no one really clocked on to the fact they were singing along to a very religious song-just because it sounded good.

I can't actually explain what I mean, it's very hard to type. Basically only Madonna could do that.

I really think she's amazing, she's broken barriers (and possibly created some! lol) but overall I am glad to be in the world when Madonna was (is...I know she's still alive but I mean he career lol..oh gawd, I'll end now).

Archived