celeb

Marina and the Diamonds: "I feel suspicious about TIDAL"

Admin

Featured Posts

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know, I think she spoke too early. I hope this doesn't backfire on her.

​It won't. It's just her opinion. They wouldn't target Marina specifically to disprove the "haters" if Tidal was to took off well.

thought I was born in a league of my own | but I'm sinking

Cody Draco

Dear Froot Queen, the pop products would never have the ovaries. Keep serving the juice. :pray:

LoveandMagic

​I love this and am really liking Marina right now. 

Just repeat to yourself, "It's just a show. I should really just relax."

DeleteMyAccount

​I understand but those lessor known artists wont bring people in like Beyonce or Daft Punk

​Two things: bringing in lessor known artists backs up Jay Z's idea of bringing the power back to the artist.  Meaning that this isn't just some scam.  Even though it kind of is.  Also, it wouldn't matter if they could bring in tons of members as Beyonce and team are already part of it.

Ferrer Zorola

​HTBAHB has some very funny faces :lmao: 

Hidden Content

​hahaha anyways I agree with her opinion

LIFE IS GOOD

you only need to know that Jay Z is behind TIDAL to realize how fake this compaign is:scar:

I agree with Everything Marina said:applause:

I'm disappointed that rihanna and madonna are helping Jay Z with this:deadbanana:

My Favs = Lady Gaga, Janet Jackson, Ricky Martin, AKB48

GagaUnderYou

If Gaga was apart of Tidal you would all be like YAAAAAS TIDAL

StrawberryBlond

Agree with everything she said. Hopefully, even more artists will speak out about the phoney nature of this project. I think the fact that indie artists don't seem to want to be part of this (or maybe they weren't even asked) speaks volumes. It's just another A-list money making venture, nothing more. If all these artists really cared about supporting the little guy, why don't they feature indie artists on their songs or try to befriend them? But no, they only feature other known names and are friends with well known names. Naturally, everyone on Roc Nation is on Tidal, so they're already biased as Jay made them join. And Kanye joins because he's Jay's friend. And Madonna's joined because she's worked with or knows some of these other people who have joined. A club where everyone knows each other and made each other feel obliged to join, basically. I hardly think everyone decided to join because they seriously believe Tidal will rival Spotify. I feel kinda sorry for anyone on Roc Nation who was forced to take all their music off Spotify and put it on this doomed venture. They'll be missing out on potential money from Spotify now as they can't have music on both sites under Jay's watch. And by the way, why are people like Rihanna so intent on this idea of earning more money from their music? She barely writes/produces any of her stuff! That's the reason why her net worth is never as big as most of her pop contemporaries because almost all the money from her music goes to the real creators. If people who don't even write their own music are joining a site that'll make them more money for "their" music, I would be highly sceptical about the site's real intentions.

you only need to know that Jay Z is behind TIDAL to realize how fake this compaign is:scar:

​Indeed. He's a businessman. He'll attach his name to anything if it'll bring in money. Doesn't matter if others don't benefit, as long as he and Beyonce do. I've also seen a few people saying that what put them off was the fact that Kanye was on it because anything that he endorses is doomed to fail. It's hard to believe that this site is all about supporting the humble artists when the majority of these artists (Jay, Kanye, Rihanna, Nicki, Beyonce, etc.) make songs bragging about how much money they have and wave around stacks of dollar bills in their music videos.

Archived