celeb

Marina and the Diamonds: "I feel suspicious about TIDAL"

Admin

Featured Posts

SlayedForTheGod

okay but who is gonna buy a tidal membership if its endorsed by marina and the diamonds 

(no shade but come on)

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Judas Oyster

​Same here. And I think that's the reason almost all the artists at the launch didn't say a word. 

TEANUS

She's so right though

Every part of it is so hypocritical tbh. They claim it's not about technology or money, but about spreading high quality music. And then they turn around and say to download the app (which uses technology) and pay $20 a month (money) for high quality music (which BTW, has been proven you can't even tell the difference from it and music in even the free version of Spotify).

So revolutionary I can't handle :legend: 

British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS

Emvee

Cool! Not a fan of Marina's music, but she gets it. And this is coming from a recording artist who makes a living off her sales. She seems to be opposed to the idea of spending $240 a year. Why? Because people like Jay Z or Madonna don't need more ****ing money. It has a very corporate feeling and it does not surprise me that Jay Z is the owner of this company. He and Beyonce are ****ing billionaires. That money doesn't come from their art. It comes from their businesses. 

DrewStevens

I like the way she handled it. Great points too.

I get that by using big names the app is going to get more attention but whoever planned the marketing campaign for Tidal did a terrible job.  This campaign would have been better if they had included some independent/small artists to show that they care about independent artists and bands, but this was such an epic fail that made them look very stupid.

Curunir

bring ice. there has been an incident involving scalding tea and millionaire victims.

ItsTommyBitch

First FROOT, then she exposes Tidal so succinctly  :emo:She is a queen :legend: 

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから

Computer

Spill it Marina.

I watched the entire Tidal promo video and something about them talking in that room reminds me of watching the Simpsons treehouse of horror episodes when they show meetings of the Springfield Republican Party.

surprisevisitor.png

💚💛💕❣⭕💢💢 | ⓜⓔⓡⓡⓨ ©ⓗⓡⓘⓢⓣⓜⓐⓢ

Though I'm not really into her music but I'm glad that she's constantly staying true to her own artistry and principles instead of prioritizing $ over everything else.

Archived