Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
celeb

What's wrong with Gwen & Fergie?

Bloody

Featured Posts

Bloody

You came here expecting a drag thread. Actually no. :hunty:

Well, my question is what is wrong with their comebacks? I think that they both failed to impress us with their comebacks after a long time. :(

Their lead singles were mediocre comparing them to their previous work. (Gwen's 2nd single was actually dissapointing). They used to be the Lady Gaga-Katy Perry of the past tbh. Their albums haven't been released yet though to have a full opinion and judge them.

Fergie Updates Fans On The Status Of Her New Album.

http://popdust.com/2015/03/05/fergie-new-album-2015/

INTERSCOPE TO BILLBOARD ON GWEN’S ALBUM STATUS: “NOTHING NEW”

http://beaconstreetonline.net/gwen-stefani/interscope-to-billboard-on-gwens-new-album-status-nothing-new 

So, is it my idea or you think the same? :shrug:

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
gagzus

bc they're over, they're not the new "it" girl anymore just like Gaga sadly

Well looking back Gwen never did super well critically with her pop records. But I think the comeback singles just weren't good enough :shrug:

Spock

I think Fergie's is still happening but Gwen's (the one I was most excited) got pushed back or shelved. Which is a shame because Baby Don't Lie :legend:

who will love me when the night is over

Bloody

bc they're over, they're not the new "it" girl anymore just like Gaga sadly

​That's pretty sad, cause this could happen even to Gaga in 10 years. :(

Dorothy Gale

They took too long, and their work just wasn't as good. Fergie used DJ mustard, and all of his beats sound the same. Gwen hasn't really done anything for promo other than being on the voice.

Bloody

Well looking back Gwen never did super well critically with her pop records. But I think the comeback singles just weren't good enough :shrug:

​She was quite successful with No Doubt and some of her singles are iconic.

Staryu

Gwen's got pushed back I think, which is good because maybe then there won't be other mediocre tracks like Spark The Fire. :egg: 

Baby Don't Lie slays me though :gaga: 

​She was quite successful with No Doubt and some of her singles are iconic.

​No absolutely! I own like every No Doubt album and B A N A N A S is indeed iconic (ditto with sweet escape) but that was a long time ago. I think it's just really hard to break back into the music industry these days.

Mister Gaga

Agree. I think they tried to follow trends (fergie copied fancy and gwen tried to make another hollaback girl) and it went wrong.

Both, fergie and gwen pull out GREAT first albums, with successful singles. But the key is that they made their own trends in 2005

honestly, age. Ageism is a thing on radio. Radio would've eaten that **** up 5 years ago as a comeback but now its been too long and they don't care

Bloody

Baby Don't Lie slays me though  default_gaga2.gif 

​It slayed me too. :music: Though the video was so dissapointing. :giveup: 

Michael

Gwen pushed back her album due to her feeling like it was being rushed because her label originally wanted it out while she was on The Voice. But she decided to slow down the recording.

And with Fergie, she is balancing recording this album and the new BEP music. Fergie has never done well with working to a deadline, she's very sporadic in the way she works.

I think both albums will come eventually.

Versace

Same , so let down tbh. We waited so long especially Fergie she's been promising to deliver for the past 7 years and that she's doing so much work, hyping that the quality is top notch and what not. Gwen stated brutally that she is to never go solo again. So no one should expect anything from her, it was not until 2014 that she announced she MIGHT go solo again and I thank her for the two singles she released, she was practically testing the waters. Gwen had to probably start crafting the thing within the same year she felt it's time to go solo so literary she's put less than a year worth of work and if she needs more I am not surprised. But DAMN Fergie you've been working on that record for ages, her 2nd record makes BWET look like a blessing.

Archived