💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Does Born This Way have fillers?

gagzus

Featured Posts

NewYorkCity

Nah. Electric Chapel fits Baba's religious theme in BTW. It's very appropriate for the album. Also, the electric chapel is the safe way for Little Monsters as Gaga describeed it. Which also fits the album.

No way. Bad Kids is about loving yourself even if you aren't perfect which is a major focus in BTW's theme. 

I can't at people calling all these songs which fit the theme fillers. :dead: HU, BK AND EC all fit. It's like saying The Fame is a filler on The Fame or Monster is a filler on TFM. :laughga: 

The fact that the song follows the theme of the album doesn't make it instantly good for me 

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Karandr

The bonus tracks are arguably filler tracks... otherwise they would have been included on the main album ;) Doesn't mean they're not good songs, just that they're not "central" to the album. They're explorations and tangents on the main theme. BJAM and FOHL are very similar in terms of lyrical content. However, I think The Queen is an exception in that it's probably one of the more unique and sadly overlooked Gaga tracks. 

As well, I think Electric Chapel is the biggest contender for filler track just because of the relatively simple production and lyrics.. Gaga isn't saying a great deal in that song, compared to others on the album.

Harry

The 'filler' argument is so stupid and annoying. Just cos YOU don't like a song, it doesn't mean it's a filler.

The special edition of Born This Way has SEVENTEEN songs on it. That's super long for a pop album. She could have just released the album with ten songs on it if her goal was to just release some good singles and then fill out the rest of the album ... Why would she write and record so many songs if she wasn't passionate about them?

Mitch XCX

not all of you saying the best songs on BTW aka HML, Electric Chapel and FOHL are fillers. :awkney:

The only filler is The Queen 

the vocal effects on Highway Unicorn totally kill the song for me

but I think most of us would agree Bad Kids is a clunker...although I think keeping a hard edged production on it could've saved it. the abrupt shift to a bubblegum chorus is just :wtf:

thematically it fits the most, stylistically no

Archived