💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Lily Allen Speaks About Tıdal

KaanBTW

Featured Posts

Its pure business.  People seeing this as a step up for the WHOLE music industry are delusional. 

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Harry

It is expensive...and for what? It's basically another way for major artists who already make millions to make even MORE millions from people.

Tbqh...it should be more for indie/underground artists who are struggling to get their music heard and can start building up their popularity, fans, and money and hope to become bigger in the industry. NOT having already well established A list people asking for more money :fail:

To put a charge on EVERYTHING is impossible no matter what they try to do with TIDAL. Radio is free, Youtube streaming is free, Soundcloud accounts are free...etc

:shrug:

​It's supposed to mark a shift in the way music is streamed. A bunch of underground artists coming together to form a new service isn't going to get much attention, is it? But if Jay Z and Beyonce are there, people will talk. If this thing takes off, ALL artists will get a better pay from streams.

I'm getting tired of people saying that it's just about rich people getting more money, anyway. It's not like they don't work hard. The labels & Spotify are basically taking a huge percentage of money from their product and it's unfair, no matter how rich they are. If they're popular and successful, they deserve to feel the benefits of that.

Lily Allen is rich so why does she care.

​Because she cares about upcoming & indie artists, obviously. Just because you don't share a problem it doesn't mean you can't care about it or voice your opinion.

TimisaMonster

​Yeah right :)

But I think big names must use their popularity to get attention. When people are used to pay reasonable money for music, there will be a chance for new artist to earn more. 

​It's true... :awkney: I forgot to add that point and you must've been quoting me at the same time...

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

ItsTommyBitch

Queen Lily :legend: 

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから

KaanBTW

​It's supposed to mark a shift in the way music is streamed. A bunch of underground artists coming together to form a new service isn't going to get much attention, is it? But if Jay Z and Beyonce are there, people will talk. If this thing takes off, ALL artists will get a better pay from streams.

I'm getting tired of people saying that it's just about rich people getting more money, anyway. It's not like they don't work hard. The labels & Spotify are basically taking a huge percentage of money from their product and it's unfair, no matter how rich they are. If they're popular and successful, they deserve to feel the benefits of that.

​Because she cares about upcoming & indie artists, obviously. Just because you don't share a problem it doesn't mean you can't care about it or voice your opinion.

​Totally agreed. 

Artists take oly %6.8 percent of the revenue from Spotify. And 1m stream equals 5.000$ so basically it is like 35$ :rip:

I know people who can't afford that. Yet it will sale because people are sheep.

Beats are terrible headphones all you have to do is listen

Apple products are cheap pieces of junk all you have to do is use a real PC.

Tidal is using the same ambiguous empty marketing technique as Beats, by having big artists everywhere around its name people think oh my fav is an OWNER of it, let me just give them my $10 to them.

1: If someone can't afford $10/month then they shouldn't consume music. Nobody in the pop music space makes music to not be paid.

2: It will sell because it's a viable competitor to spotify and has a killer marketing campaign, not because "people are sheep"

3: Apple and Beats cost more than similarly performing competitors because they spend money on marketing and design instead of building high-performance products. Different, not worse.

4: Celebrity endorsments are literally everywhere and have been since we started making people famous. They don't make products and services inherently better or worse.

5:TIDAL actually delivers equal or better service than it's competitor, unlike Apple and Beats.

6: Dethroning Spotify's monopoly can only serve to make Spotify more competitive, which will make things better for both consumer and for the recording industry.

nikola

i dont like all this but like if you dont wanna use it than dont...no one is forcing you...for example i would never use this or spotify or idk for so many reasons one of them is because there are not available  in my country and they probably are not going to be for a long time.....also i dont really want to spend a lot of money on new headphones so i can hear my mone in ultra HQ....and i really dont want to spend 20$ a month for something that i will rarely use.....................

I've got an "F" and a "C" and I got a "K" too And the only thing that is missing is a bitch like "U"

Supersonic

Also I kind of feel like people think they are entitled to free music. :duck: Who cares if you made enough money to pickle yourself till eternity like Madonna, she still deserves to get paid for what she does. We have enough indicators that Spotify is not working out, with artists not getting paid properly and everybody taking the music on it for granted.
It send out a clear, strong and very unpopular message: Pay me, I'm not working my ass off to give my work away for free.

I repeat myself, but a lot of you really don't know how expensive being a popstar is. Like in that AMA from that video producer who did "The Fame Part One" he said that Gaga, a struggling artist had to pay for that video all by herself and also probably for the Just Dance shoot. We know that Gaga payed for G.U.Y. completely by herself. I don't wanna know how many videos Gaga had to pay from her own pocket. I don't even wanna think about what it cost to make that Beyoncé Visual Album. :smh: He also said, that if record labels give them money, it's up to a 50k budget for a #1 established artist, and around 10k for a regular one. Record labels don't have money anymore to even properly support their top artists. The music industry is collapsing and from how I see it, Spotify is at fault.

Schwerk

I don't see the problem.

- If you listen to a LOT of music and want huge variety, get Tidal, you have good quality and you don't have to buy all the music.

- If you only listen to select artists, buy only those few albums a year, wether psychical copies or on Itunes

Yes Tidal is expensive, but it also pushes competitors to rethink their quality and strategy.

According to Gaga I'm a ****ing rad bitch

No Angel

Also I kind of feel like people think they are entitled to free music. :duck: Who cares if you made enough money to pickle yourself till eternity like Madonna, she still deserves to get paid for what she does. We have enough indicators that Spotify is not working out, with artists not getting paid properly and everybody taking the music on it for granted.
It send out a clear, strong and very unpopular message: Pay me, I'm not working my ass off to give my work away for free.

I repeat myself, but a lot of you really don't know how expensive being a popstar is. Like in that AMA from that video producer who did "The Fame Part One" he said that Gaga, a struggling artist had to pay for that video all by herself and also probably for the Just Dance shoot. We know that Gaga payed for G.U.Y. completely by herself. I don't wanna know how many videos Gaga had to pay from her own pocket. I don't even wanna think about what it cost to make that Beyoncé Visual Album. :smh: He also said, that if record labels give them money, it's up to a 50k budget for a #1 established artist, and around 10k for a regular one. Record labels don't have money anymore to even properly support their top artists. The music industry is collapsing and from how I see it, Spotify is at fault.

​People got too damn comfortable with their freedom on Spotify... myself included, I won't lie! Lmao. I'm actually going to try it out for 30 days to see if I like it.

FrankGutz

She tweeteed other stuff too, which I think explains her point better

jsB00LA.png

pWjCymy.png

Qa6GFxo.png

nopaxDG.png

So for her, it's clearly not as simplistic as "if you don't like it, don't use it :emma: 

​i see no lies tho!  i was thinking that tbh, IF i like one song but i dont like the artist or the album, i wont pay for it, i rather listen to it on spotify, but if they are exclusive to TIDAL wich i wont pay, i'll have to download it somewhere

Dᴄ • Dᴀʀᴋ Hᴏʀsᴇ | Hᴏʀʀᴏʀ • Tʜʀɪʟʟᴇʀ | Eʟᴇᴄᴛʀᴏɴɪᴄ | Fɪᴛɴᴇss | Mᴀɴᴅʏ Mᴏᴏʀᴇ • Lᴀᴅʏ Gᴀɢᴀ • Sᴏᴘʜɪᴇ Bᴇxᴛᴏʀ

Paper Planes

"I don't buy 12 albums a year."

I buy more than 12 albums a year and I'm a basic college student :rip:  She, who is considering herself a major English pop act, doesn't buy 12 albums a year? How does she expect people to buy her own album when she's degrading people who buy multiple albums a year?

delete it fat

Emvee

I pay for premium Spotify, and I absolutely believe Spotify needs to pay a bigger percentage to artists, but I will not be cornered into using Tidal, especially not at $20 a ****ing month. I'm glad I don't listen to any of the artists who are exclusive to Tidal. 

Apple needs to hurry up and unveil their streaming service or Spotify needs to pay their dues to the artists whose music they're distributing. 

Sebastien

"I don't buy 12 albums a year."

I buy more than 12 albums a year and I'm a basic college student :rip:  She, who is considering herself a major English pop act, doesn't buy 12 albums a year? How does she expect people to buy her own album when she's degrading people who buy multiple albums a year?

​Exactly, this is honestly very stupid. She doesn't support the music industry herself; why should people support her? That's quite selfish on her part. 

Archived