Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
performance

Madonna performing "Ghosttown" with Taylor Swift on iHeartAwards

YSL

Featured Posts

iloveit123

Well at least Madonna isn't doing duets albums to get larger sales, *cough, cough*. 

What a weak shade. What is your evidence that making a duet album was done for sales? Because Jazz is so popular nowdays right?

Again you're unable to defend your fave without dragging Gaga.

Oh and I remember this user now. :smh: 

​Well TBH I wasn't referencing Gaga per se, I was referencing Tony... and not "dragging", please stop with the childish terminology... however, upon comment after comment of people desperately putting down Madonna for using younger artists, I did bring up the fact that a lot of older artists are using younger artists in their own ways, and yes, their sales are pretty good, because you know different fan-bases are buying it and interest is generated. And in case you didn't notice, I didn't JUST mention Tony of the jazz genre.

But please remember me, oh i am just soooo weary now because you remember me, oh my! Get over yourself.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Goldfish

BYE @ you

tumblr_nkrcpwtiU11txfj5eo8_400.gif

She's up on a chair singing her new single, asked Taylor (who's a huge Madonna fan) to play the guitar next to her, in a ripped blous​e because her video is about the end of the world. How is that doing the most?

I had it with this Madonna hate. Y'all always pissed about Madonna because "she's old and always gets on the latest trend", but she's always done that. She covered Michael Jackson songs and hung out with him in in the eighties, sang a duet with Babyface in the nineties (back when he was the hottest thing), kissed Britney in the 00's, twerked with Miley last year... Among a gazillion other examples. She's always working with the latest/newest because that's her thing. She worked with MNEK on her Rebel Heart album, who's an upcoming artist from the UK. 90% of this board doesn't even know who that is. Madonna has always been current and relevant and the fact that the world's biggest current stars are in line to work with her is a testament to her relevancy and icon-power. Gaga didn't turn her down back in 2009 either right? Sit downE and open your eyes to one of the few living legends that didn't end up dead or in rehab. 

​BRAVO, see my post above for recipts 

I invented post-its

MonsterOfSpain

BYE @ you

tumblr_nkrcpwtiU11txfj5eo8_400.gif

She's up on a chair singing her new single, asked Taylor (who's a huge Madonna fan) to play the guitar next to her, in a ripped blous​e because her video is about the end of the world. How is that doing the most?

I had it with this Madonna hate. Y'all always pissed about Madonna because "she's old and always gets on the latest trend", but she's always done that. She covered Michael Jackson songs and hung out with him in in the eighties, sang a duet with Babyface in the nineties (back when he was the hottest thing), kissed Britney in the 00's, twerked with Miley last year... Among a gazillion other examples. She's always working with the latest/newest because that's her thing. She worked with MNEK on her Rebel Heart album, who's an upcoming artist from the UK. 90% of this board doesn't even know who that is. Madonna has always been current and relevant and the fact that the world's biggest current stars are in line to work with her is a testament to her relevancy and icon-power. Gaga didn't turn her down back in 2009 either right? Sit downE and open your eyes to one of the few living legends that didn't end up dead or in rehab. 

​Best post I've read in a long time!

lego

​Well TBH I wasn't referencing Gaga per se, I was referencing Tony... and not "dragging", please stop with the childish terminology... however, upon comment after comment of people desperately putting down Madonna for using younger artists, I did bring up the fact that a lot of older artists are using younger artists in their own ways, and yes, their sales are pretty good, because you know different fan-bases are buying it and interest is generated. And in case you didn't notice, I didn't JUST mention Tony of the jazz genre.

But please remember me, oh i am just soooo weary now because you remember me, oh my! Get over yourself.

Well I remember you since BTW era, in every Madonna vs. Gaga thread, so I'm not gonna bother much.

I don't think Tony was using Gaga for sales, this is what you implied. None of the older artists you mentioned are known to work with mostly hottest thing of the year. C2C was made after Gaga's peak, after her "flop" album, so it doesn't make sense that sales would be the reason for collaboartion. Gaga's collabs with Legends seem more organic and genuine. That's just my opinion.

FreePalestine

darkwolf

Well I remember you since BTW era, in every Madonna vs. Gaga thread, so I'm not gonna bother much.

I don't think Tony was using Gaga for sales, this is what you implied. None of the older artists you mentioned are known to work with mostly hottest thing of the year. C2C was made after Gaga's peak, after her "flop" album, so it doesn't make sense that sales would be the reason for collaboartion. Gaga's collabs with Legends seem more organic and genuine. That's just my opinion.

​Really? :awesome:

I think he was, just like he did in other of his previous albums; and just like other singers did too. There is nothing wrong with that. We probably wouldn't even be talking about him right now if he didn't duet with gaga, right?

barcodemonster

Madonna is the Queen, if you were a young pop star you would probably want to perform with her too

scan my barcode

lego

​Really? :awesome:

I think he was, just like he did in other of his previous albums; and just like other singers did too. There is nothing wrong with that. We probably wouldn't even be talking about him right now if he didn't duet with gaga, right?

​Yes really. Tony is close to 90 years old. He looks like he just enjoys what he does. He collaborated with artists who he thought they are talented, who can sing.

He chose Gaga to do the whole album with, he praised her so many times, you can see there's honest bond between them. Gaga passed her ''peak'' so you cannot say he latched on to the hottest thing at the moment.

And I don't think he cares if anyone on GGD talks about him. :air: 

FreePalestine

Goldfish

​Yes really. Tony is close to 90 years old. He looks like he just enjoys what he does. He collaborated with artists who he thought they are talented, who can sing.

He chose Gaga to do the whole album with, he praised her so many times, you can see there's honest bond between them. Gaga passed her ''peak'' so you cannot say he latched on to the hottest thing at the moment.

And I don't think he cares if anyone on GGD talks about him. http://gagadaily.com/uploads/default_air.jpg 

​this is all very very true 

I invented post-its

HausofGabo

I was actually waiting for Taylor to sing :hunty: it wasn't that bad tho.

Judicorn

Are people really trying to compare Tony Bennet, who obviously respects Gaga as a person and an artist, with Madonna, the queen of attention, who will use anybody who is hot right now to promote her work? :air:

lego

Madonna is the Queen, if you were a young pop star you would probably want to perform with her too

​I'm kind of glad Gaga doesn't. She's that one young artist ''the Queen'' cannot get. That makes her more special.:hills:

FreePalestine

heavyMetalGAGA

I like Madonna, but her vocals are just :deadbanana:...and Taylor Swift's music is as exciting as a piece of drywall to me. I will never understand the hype with her. 

Redstreak

​I'm kind of glad Gaga doesn't. She's that one young artist ''the Queen'' cannot get. That makes her more special.:hills:

Only because of what happened with BTW? You really don't think if that hadn't have happened she wouldn't be jumping at the chance? If anything I still think it's gonna happen one day

Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~

Whispering

Taylor was used like a prop here. 

It's not like she is John Mayer or Keith Urban and is known for her work as an excellent instrumentalist. 

I guess it is something Taylor can mark off her bucket list. :shrug:

darkwolf

And I don't think he cares if anyone on GGD talks about him. http://gagadaily.com/uploads/default_air.jpg 

​Blablabla bla, we can replace the word Tony with Madonna (somebody already did :awesome:)

I wasn't only referring to Cheek to Cheek, but other albums he did with other singers too.

But again, people always have a problem with whatever Madonna does. Nothing new.

Archived