💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
performance

Madonna performing "Ghosttown" with Taylor Swift on iHeartAwards

YSL

Featured Posts

mattyx

I love Madonna and this song but I have been very underwhelmed with the Ghosttown performances.  Meh.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
darkwolf

​Lol dude.They didn't even perform together.Taylor was just playing the guitar.. Anyone could have done it.It was clearly for publicity reasons.. Btw has Gaga used anyone to get sales and publicity? :rip: She RARELY collaborates with relevant artists

​I don't get these "desperate" comments? Of course Madonna wants publicity, and she's ready to collab with young artists for that. Nothing new. It's actually very smart; she doesn't rest on her laurels, like so many other did.

And Taylor is a big fan of Madonna, she was really happy to meet Madonna at the grammys, and this performance is beneficial to her too, so I don't get what's exactly the problem :ohwell:

Just like Madonna wants so badly to top the charts and become "trendy" again; Gaga too wants credibility so badly and to be respected as a great singer and vocalist. Would you call her desperate too?

Dominic

Love the song and look but the performance was a bit difficult to watch; her vocals didn't seem the best here and I thought Taylor being there was unnecessary if all she is used for is a prop. She could have utilised Taylor more and done a proper duet. 

It does come across as a bit too try-hard with the addition of Taylor but hey RiRi had an icon solely playing guitar in her track and she managed Top 4. 

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

​I don't get these "desperate" comments? Of course Madonna wants publicity, and she's ready to collab with young artists for that. Nothing new. It's actually very smart; she doesn't rest on her laurels, like so many other did.

And Taylor is a big fan of Madonna, she was really happy to meet Madonna at the grammys, and this performance is beneficial to her too, so I don't get what's exactly the problem default_ohwell2.gif

Just like Madonna wants so badly to top the charts and become "trendy" again; Gaga too wants credibility so badly and to be respected as a great singer and vocalist. Would you call her desperate too?

​aamen! thank you!

Kayla

BYE @ you

tumblr_nkrcpwtiU11txfj5eo8_400.gif

She's up on a chair singing her new single, asked Taylor (who's a huge Madonna fan) to play the guitar next to her, in a ripped blous​e because her video is about the end of the world. How is that doing the most?

I had it with this Madonna hate. Y'all always pissed about Madonna because "she's old and always gets on the latest trend", but she's always done that. She covered Michael Jackson songs and hung out with him in in the eighties, sang a duet with Babyface in the nineties (back when he was the hottest thing), kissed Britney in the 00's, twerked with Miley last year... Among a gazillion other examples. She's always working with the latest/newest because that's her thing. She worked with MNEK on her Rebel Heart album, who's an upcoming artist from the UK. 90% of this board doesn't even know who that is. Madonna has always been current and relevant and the fact that the world's biggest current stars are in line to work with her is a testament to her relevancy and icon-power. Gaga didn't turn her down back in 2009 either right? Sit downE and open your eyes to one of the few living legends that didn't end up dead or in rehab. 

​You're absolutely correct. I just don't see a lot of genuine reasons that Madonna seeks out the younger and popular stars of today, though. I'm not pissed about Madonna because "she's old and always gets on the latest trend," I'm skeptical of Madonna's intentions because it often seems like she gets on the latest trend to further her own popularity. 

iloveit123

Well at least Madonna isn't doing duets albums to get larger sales, *cough, cough*. People want to b*tch at her for drumming up some publicity, but older artists need to do what they do and like I said, at least it isn't duets (Lionel, Barbara, Rod, Tony)

Anyway...... this wasn't my fave "Ghosttown" performance, but I do love the song

Scarlet Witch

Good for her, but her vocals are horrible for someone who is sitting there singing. :rip:

lego

Well at least Madonna isn't doing duets albums to get larger sales, *cough, cough*. 

What a weak shade. What is your evidence that making a duet album was done for sales? Because Jazz is so popular nowdays right?

Again you're unable to defend your fave without dragging Gaga.

Oh and I remember this user now. :smh: 

FreePalestine

MonsterOfSpain

The performance was very good, Madonna's vocals were on-point! I wish this song was a hit, it's amazing.

Jenniferella

Great performance !!! I love her so much :heart:

"I have been writing LG5 since I was 13"

Goldfish

nice performance, but OMG, she's ALWAYS latching onto the most popular performer of the moment.... Taylor, Miley, Britney, Ricky Martin.. the list is endless... and then once they stop having hits, she's nowhere to be seen.

​I HATE this argument, she's always worked this with popular artists and celebs at the time. She just admires them at the time and wants to work with them? Not just to get new fans 

1989 - Prince, 1990 - Warren Betty, 1993 - Red Hot Chilli Peppers & Christopher Walken, 1994 Babyface, TuPac & Bjork, 1995 - Massive Attack, 1999 - Mike Myers & Ricky Martin, 2000 - Rupert Everett & Sascha Baron Cohen, 2003 - Britney, Xtina & Missy Elliot, 2006 - Pet Shop Boys & The Gorillaz, 2007 - Annie Lennox, 2008 - Justin Timberlake, Timberland, Kanye West & Pharrell oh and Britney again, 2009 - Lil Wayne, 2012 - Nicki Minaj, MIA, LMFAO, CeeLo Green & Psy, 2014 -  Macklemore, Ryan Lewis, Mary Lambert, Queen Latifah, Miley Cyrus & Katy Perry. 

And 2015 - Nas, Chance The Rapper, Nicki Minaj again, Mike Tyson, Taylor, oh and a future thing with Drake, Kanye & Terrance Howard

I invented post-its

Archived