💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
performance

Madonna performing "Ghosttown" with Taylor Swift on iHeartAwards

YSL

Featured Posts

Yanko

rbp.gif

Let me dig up my old post about that mess ...

​So if anyone needs to call anyone it's Gaga. She was more hurt over the people in M's camp and Perez mocking her as a cheap Madonna-clone than Madonna herself. Besides, Madonna OFFERED Gaga the MDNA stage in 2012 and Gaga declined. We got the (prophetic) Madonna/Gaga SNL skit, and it seems like that's all we'll have in the near future.

​alejandro video ruined everything 

:giveup:

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jojuun

​alejandro video ruined everything 

:giveup:

Yes and no. Madonna privately joked about Alejandro to her longtime friend. Born This Way really set it off because the supposed feud was ignited by the mainstream media. During Madonna's press junkets for MDNA, the interviewers just wouldn't let it go. So Madonna (in true b---hy fashion) made the reductive comment and decided to use the mash-up for the MDNA tour. We all know what happened after that... So did Madonna add fire to the fuel, absolutely. But Gaga IS heavily influenced by her, she thanked her in the The Fame liner notes, and referenced tons of classic M looks/moments. But Madonna never holds a grudge, she had a similar "feud" with Cher back in the day. Then they became friendly over the years, hung out at events. Madonna obviously reached out to Gaga in 2012, and she declined. Vincent Herbert said it was because of "schedule conflicts" that Gaga didn't join the MDNA stage in NYC. And then came the Howard Stern ARTPOP interview with Gaga. A complete mess. Like, it's popculture, get a sense of humour. I get that Gaga was hurt by Perez and his bashing, using Madonna as bait, but come on. Gaga really handled it badly. Look at how many times Madonna and Elton made b---hy comments about each other, and they always eventually end up buying each other drinks in exclusive French restaurants. 

joanne_lady_gaga_goober_madonna_wannabe_

Bottomline, Gaga took it way to personally. I feel like that's really been her problem with the entire meltdown/depression thing. I know it's a hard industry, but if you can't laugh about it, at the end of the day, you won't survive. That's why I think Madonna has never been self-destructive, making her one of the only legendary artists still putting out new work on a regular basis. Look at all of her peers, either dead, in rehab, vanished or out of the limelight. Madonna has always had heavy critics and media pressure, especially in the early nineties with the SEX-book/Erotica album. They really tried to crack her, Britney-style, before that was even a "thing". She didn't crack. It's baffling to see how strong Madonna is, mentally. Total trooper, never let media/general public put her down. That's why I'll always be slightly more Team Madonna than Team Gaga, not that there needs to be such a thing anyways. I strongly dislike Gaga's self-destructive side. I know that a lot of fans can relate to her because of it, but I don't think it's healthy or role model-worthy at all. The early Gaga quotes about d--gs and the self-claimed "craziness" are seriously disturbing to me.

"I used to pray to god to make me crazy. I prayed that God would teach me something, that he would install a creativity and a strangeness in me that all of those people that I love and respected had." - Vanity Fair 2010

And I get it, most artists get their drive from a tragedy that happened in their past, like Madonna losing her mother as a child for instance. But it's crazy to pray for a tragedy just to draw inspiration from it as an artist. That's seriously the only real issue I have with Gaga, the self-imposed tragedy. I hope I never have to see the day Gaga hardcore breaks under the pressure.

Sugarfall

Slay Madonna! I wish she would hire this guitarist to the tour as well, she's really good! :) 

Madonna serving terrible vocals and using Taylor Swift as a prop for attention and relevancy.

What a joke this woman has become.

DrewStevens

It was a good performance, her vocals were average but overall it was good. Having Taylor there was obviously a stunt because she was just there doing nothing but I don't blame her, drastic times call for drastic measures.

Swan Heart

They looked great.. The song is good..

But these vocals are painful..  :laughga: Like come on, what kind of travesty of a singer you are?! I would be so embarrassed if I was her..

Madge please, instead of going on and on how great you are and what a Queen you are, work on your voice darling, ok?:lolgaga:

They say it's the last song. They don't know us, you see. It's only the last song if we let it be.

darkwolf

The essays justifying Madonna bitterness towards Gaga :toofunny:

I love Madonna but no.

​Why are even bringing this up? what does this have to do with this performance? :toofunny:

GagaMyBlood95

I love this song, but I just can't stand watching it live, Madonna really can't sing in properly... 

Overall, a nice performance..

Pure Adrenaline

Oh look Madonna using the hottest artist of the year to promote her album .... :omg: 

Taylor looks hot and Madge looks refreshingly young tho ... it was cute performance

It's much more fun to have hizophrenia... u never get lonely

Taylor is so charitable! :heart:

Anyway, Madonna's vocals were really harsh. She can't sing. 

The Taylor Brigade: KNOCKOUT

Archived