celeb

Watch: Sia answers fan questions for Saturday Night Online

Brainiac

Featured Posts

Btw for Katy haters, Sia talks about Katy's songwriting process and style :rofl:

​I get it but I stick to what I think...

If you have self-esteem problems it's obviously not a good idea to be famous.

And if you need to make music to cope, which I think Sia does, well... she should've been smarter, seeing as everyone loves the songs she writes for others, she was going to be famous as well.

I just wish she had been smarter, that's all... now her career is like a little circus... 

​i don't think it's a circus but yeah if from the start she had thought it more it'd turned out better but perhaps she didn't think she'd hate the celebrity life as much as she did

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bitcherella

I can't say for sure as I don't know her, but I think she is appreciative of the success and fame but is unable to cope with the toll it takes on her, so she makes appearances in "alternative" ways that she is comfortable with. 

For the second point, it's showing her face that's the issue. Hiding her face takes that issue away. That's why she was able to appear. It's better for her fans this way than avoiding appearances altogether, which would be boring.

​I still don't like all of this, can you handle that?

MahoganySnitch

​Well... one person says she isn't grateful, another one says she is, can you decide?

Once again, if she is hiding because it's too tough on her, and she knew it BEFORE doing it, why even appear at all?

​Well, there's the gimmick part to it, which Sia fully acknowledges in the latest interview with Kristen Wiig:

"People say, "Enough of this **** where she doesn't show her face," and "It's a gimmick." For sure. I'm trying to do this differently, for serenity. And it's a fun game for me as well. I have nothing to lose."

SOURCE: http://www.interviewmagazine.com/music/sia/#_

So as to answer your question, it's really because she can, and is willing to go out there in this limited fashion. Which I'm thankful for tbh. 

Bitcherella

I'm reporting any offensive comments made about Sia in this thread.

​I don't see any, unless giving a critical opinion is offensive, I don't.

Bitcherella

​Well, there's the gimmick part to it, which Sia fully acknowledges in the latest interview with Kristen Wiig:

"People say, "Enough of this **** where she doesn't show her face," and "It's a gimmick." For sure. I'm trying to do this differently, for serenity. And it's a fun game for me as well. I have nothing to lose."

SOURCE: http://www.interviewmagazine.com/music/sia/#_

So as to answer your question, it's really because she can, and took that risk. Which I'm thankful for tbh. 

​No offense but any respect I had for Sia was just flushed down the toilet, she just destroyed her own gimmick that she was acting like it was a serious thing, by accepting it was a gimmick.

Bitcherella

C'mon people, we are at a Gaga site, site of the woman who spoon feeds us SMART ART.

Don't let this fool ya.

dynamite

​I still don't like all of this, can you handle that?

Um yes I think I can handle that. So sassy. :scar:

Brainiac

​I don't see any, unless giving a critical opinion is offensive, I don't.

​because saying "what a prick" when she's done absolutely nothing to anyone is giving a critical opinion. please. :rip: 

Bitcherella

​because saying "what a prick" when she's done absolutely nothing to anyone is giving a critical opinion. please. :rip: 

​Well, maybe it was my mistake, for thinking a Lady Gaga fan could take a smart critic without getting burnt in the kitchen.

My opinion remains intact and I'm done with this discussion.

​No offense but any respect I had for Sia was just flushed down the toilet, she just destroyed her own gimmick that she was acting like it was a serious thing, by accepting it was a gimmick.

​I think it's for both I mean, she continues said question with " I’m trying to have some control over my image. And I’m allowed to maintain some modicum of privacy"

PicklePower

She talked about new music!

MEGHAN TRAINOR | Katy Perry | Taylor Swift | Lady Gaga | Rihanna | Ariana Grande | Beyoncé | Nicki Minaj | Sam Smith

MahoganySnitch

But she does take it seriously. In that same interview goes on to say:

So when people say, "Show your face, you're not ugly." I want to say, "I know. I'm not doing it because I think I'm ugly; I'm trying to have some control over my image. And I'm allowed to maintain some modicum of privacy. But also I would like not to be picked apart or for people to observe when I put on ten pounds or take off ten pounds or I have a hair extension out of place or my fake tan is botched." Most people don't have to be under that pressure, and I'd like to be one of them. I don't want to be followed by paparazzi. I don't go on Twitter. Because when people say things like, I don't know, "I hope you get cancer and die," it hurts my feelings.(SOURCe: http://www.interviewmagazine.com/music/sia/#_) 

It's a gimmick in that it's an attention-getter while she gets to dissect the reasoning behind it. Think Gags' meat dress, in that it is an easy attention-getter while it has serious tones to it. 

Brainiac

​Well, maybe it was my mistake, for thinking a Lady Gaga fan could take a smart critic without getting burned in the kitchen.

My opinion remains intact and I'm done with this discussion.

​I must be living in a fantasy world but last time I checked calling someone a prick is not being a "smart critic". Maybe you should learn to express yourself in a more mature manner. Now I'M done. Have a nice day.

MahoganySnitch

​I think it's for both I mean, she continues said question with " I’m trying to have some control over my image. And I’m allowed to maintain some modicum of privacy"

​This, I should have added it to the original comment but I followed up with it!

Archived