other

Simon Cowell + Louis Walsh comment on Zayn's departure

StrawberryBlond

Featured Posts

StrawberryBlond

By the sounds of things, Simon Cowell thinks 1D could continue as a four piece and predicts "great things" for the new 1D:

As One Direction fans across the world come to terms with the news of Zayn Malik's shocking departure from the band, boss and mentor Simon Cowell has expressed optimism for their future. The music mogul, who steered the chart-topping group to unprecedented success after their appearance on his show The X Factor in 2010, shared his thoughts on Twitter on Wednesday night. 'Sometimes strength is not defined by numbers,' he wrote of the band, which will now continue as a four-piece with remaining members Harry Styles, Louis Tomlinson, Niall Horan and Liam Payne. He added: 'As always you the fans have shown your amazing support to all the boys. When you have great talent great things happen.' As tens of thousands of his 11.6 million followers on the micro-blogging site quickly retweeted his words, the star simply concluded: 'Goodnight everyone.' 
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3012559/Simon-Cowell-predicts-great-things-come-One-Direction-four-piece-Zayn-Malik-s-departure.html

Louis Walsh also suggests that Zayn's fiancee, Perrie Edwards, was partly responsible for Zayn's decision:

His shock departure from One Direction prompted hysterical reactions from devastated fans across the globe. But as Zayn Malik begins his first full day without the backing of his four bandmates, X Factor judge Louis Walsh has hinted that his fractious relationship with fiancée Perrie Edwards could be behind his decision to walk away from pop stardom. Speaking to Irish radio station RTE Radio One, he said: ‘What I found in the past is as things get on, and as they get girlfriends, the girlfriends are whispering things in their ears and saying like “You should be a solo star”, “You should be the lead singer” - that’s usually the problem.’ The 62-year-old, who has previously managed Boyzone and Westlife, added: ‘The first few years are usually great and then people always want to be the solo star.’ Referring to their heavy workload – their current gruelling tour is their third in as many years – Louis admitted burn out could be another reason for his decision to leave the band. He said: ‘The problem with these guys is they’ve been in a bubble for the last five years, pressure, working, a lot harder than people think, so something had to give. So Zayn was the first person just to crack up a little bit. He’s had an amazing time with the other guys. That’s the good side of it. The dark side of it is all the travelling, the airports, in a bubble, not really seeing real life.' He added: ‘They burn out basically. The thing with One Direction is they were massive worldwide. They were going from continent to continent, right across America. Going from hotels to hotels, he probably didn’t see light of day, he was just working, working, working. Now it’s everybody’s dream, everybody loves it but there’s an awful lot of pressure with it too.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3012472/Louis-Walsh-hints-Perrie-Edwards-blame-Zayn-Malik-s-One-Direction-departure-reveals-dark-living-bubble-superstardom.html

Discuss. Not really surprised Simon's still pushing them to go on and am rather shocked by Louis's theory that Perrie could be responsible. I'm sure it was his health, wellbeing and the cheating rumours that she was concerned about if anything.

Harry

I dunno if it would've been Perrie that persuaded him but I also don't really care. I think Louis is definitely right that the schedule had something to do with it.

I kinda feel bad for those boys tbh. They literally haven't stopped for like 5 years, it's insane. Their schedule is the most formulaic of any artist/band I can remember. They from a few months into the year, record an album at the same time, release the album in Q4, then repeat next year. They've done that for four years... that's crazy. It was only a matter of time before one of them crashed.

I think Simon is scared that if they aren't constantly active that their fans will grow up and stop caring. I guess it happens to all boy/girl bands at some point, and that's why he's pushing them so they're as profitable as possible while they're still young. I feel like it's the beginning of the end. That kind of schedule must make you emotional and exhausted anyway, now they've lost one idk if it will be the same.

Poor guys tbh

Vernier

Well he was never going to say "that's it, Zayn has left, I can't milk my cash cow anymore, the end"

tEZtpYH.gif

Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn

RAMROD

A portion of fanbase that rooting for Zayn is gone for sure.

If we ever rooting for boybands or girbands,

be it in the 70s, 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

We know that aside from their musix, we also rooting for particular member.

When the depart, usually the people who rooting for departing member also go with them.

There are no points anymore to keep supporting the band for some.

And some other trying to be wise and keep supporting them either way.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ ...𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝒹𝒾𝑒 𝓌𝒾𝓉𝒽 𝒶 𝓈𝓂𝒾𝓁𝑒 (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Archived