Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Stargate Exposes Katy Perry

Prismatic

Featured Posts

Prismatic

It's from a Norwegian article, but I found a translation. Been having a KatyKat mood, so I feel like exposing the Deity. 

"Firework" was according Stargate the first song they made together with Perry, and took just one day to nail.

- A good day at work. We made the music, she made "topline", ie text, melody and concept, and I would say that it shows that she is at the top level what songwriting is concerned, says Hermansen.

- I do not think people are aware of how skilled she is at it. She has worked with Max Martin and Dr. Luke, and then it is not always easy to know who really wrote the songs. But when we met her, it was clear to us what a talented and purposeful songwriter she is.

Stargate, which has ten number one hits in the USA on your resume, was also impressed by Perry's voice qualities.

- As a vocalist, I would say that she is undervalued. She sings the audience away. When we created "Firework" we let down a demo vocals first night, which was very good and raw. We decided to keep it exactly as it was, without choir or overdubbinger. It can only do with the really good singers. Katy clothe the savagery. Because she usually sings such perfect produced pophits I do not think people think about how good she is as a singer, says Hermansen.

Here's the original article if anyone's interested: http://www.vg.no/rampelys/musikk/stargate-om-katy-perry-morsom-smart-og-undervurdert/a/23418854/

yOe9PAm.gif

I Only Stan For Risk Takers

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ViviLittleM

- As a vocalist, I would say that she is undervalued. She sings the audience away. When we created "Firework" we let down a demo vocals first night, which was very good and raw. We decided to keep it exactly as it was, without choir or overdubbinger. It can only do with the really good singers. Katy clothe the savagery. Because she usually sings such perfect produced pophits I do not think people think about how good she is as a singer, says Hermansen.

giphy.gif

but

tumblr_lnn47oEtiw1qdlkgg.gif

Acoustic.

Spock

Can't wait to see people swarming in trying to discredit this legend of a song :koons:

who will love me when the night is over

Fiona Apple

Well I do think she is underrated as a vocalist as well..She is not a great vocalist but she is way better than Madonna,Britney,Selena etc.

Supersonic

"Top Notch Songwriting" he says about a song with lyrics like "Boom Boom Boom, even brighter than the moon moon moon" or "Do you ever feel like a plastic bag?"

:air:

Didymus

Gaga teas. Glad to hear someone say this, I suspected it anyway.

Ready for her Janis Joplin singer-songwriter era(s).

Stef

Her vocal talents are definitely not on par tbh but none of y'all can discredit Firework for the inspiring power anthem that it was so don't try it

Signature loading… 👹🖤

Cody Draco

"Top Notch Songwriting" he says about a song with lyrics like "Boom Boom Boom, even brighter than the moon moon moon" or "Do you ever feel like a plastic bag?"

default_air.jpg

​Boom boom boom, even brighter than the moon, moon, moon is my favorite part. :giveup:

Prismatic

I expected another Katy hate thread by reading the title...  http://gagadaily.com/uploads/default_lmao.gif 

​You would think I would betray my Deity?

wsfzlae.gif

Funny how so many people ignored the talented song writing part and went straight to her vocals. 

wsfzlae.gif

I Only Stan For Risk Takers

artRaver

Go off, Katy! Show these heaux you actually know how to be a songwriter so they can stop discrediting you. :britney:

✿ cherry blossom girl ✿

Yanko

even tho i think her songwriting isn't great it's still nice that she writes her ****  

she her vocals are nice in acoustic 

Cody Draco

​You would think I would betray my Deity?

wsfzlae.gif

Funny how so many people ignored the talented song writing part and went straight to her vocals. 

wsfzlae.gif

​I ran out of likes for today but I'll be sure to give you my all tomorrow.

wsfzlae.gif

For every Katy hate thread we post a Katy love thread.

wsfzlae.gif

Archived