Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why are Monsters only open to the idea of Pop?

ARTPOPchamp

Featured Posts

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Vernier

She's a pop artiste who has done majorly pop music, it's normal that her fans (though wrongly) would prefer she sticks to that :shrug: 

Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn

blacklistedd

Because I just personally think the mindset that people such as yourself have about her needing to switch genres is so silly. Ultimately Lady Gaga is a pop star. What transforms her music is how she uses/blends genres to make something dope thats Gaga. Its not about her making an album that can be technically categorized as wholly "rock" or "alternative" or whatever. I just think its silly when certain fans are going on about her leaving or needing to leave the pop star branding and pull a Lana or Lorde or something and get herself in with that pseudo-alternative pop crowd.

venusian

idk i love her jazz and red and blue album she sounds great and she's so versatile

WELCOME TO THE TRAGIC KINGDOM

isaacanthony

​Actually not really. I see so many Monsters put down DJWS and Do What U Want. I think people need to remember LG's fans are not all kids and tweens into whatever is popular, some of us like music like Adele and Sam Smith make, the adult contemporary, so Monsters on here should respect the other Monsters who like the Jazz and want to see GaGa explore other genres than what is considered "socially or monster favorable". Can't always do what's popular or do things to be popular, doing that doesn't allow for boundaries to be broken or ideas or perceptions to be changed. Some people think music is just music, but its more than that. Music has the power to break boundaries, a lot of pop music kids listen to follows suit and doesn't break boundaries at all. I'm here for the music that breaks boundaries and barriers and tests a person's limits and opens them up to a new way of thinking or seeing or hearing music. And that can change the audience's perception of what a "popstar" is, like LG initially did when she burst on the scene. So..... http://gagadaily.com/uploads/default_kissga.gifhttp://gagadaily.com/uploads/default_queenga2.gif

​YES!

freebit

She was introduced to us as an artist who makes pop music, so it makes sense that most would want her to continue making music in the genre.

Dorothy Gale

I don't find that to be true. I've heard a ton of fans say they want an acoustic or rock album. But after a jazz era, a lot of us are hungry for some pop. 

Epione

I don't find that to be true. I've heard a ton of fans say they want an acoustic or rock album. But after a jazz era, a lot of us are hungry for some pop. 

I'm here for an acoustic album. :gaycat:

ctherainbow

I'd love her to delve more into rock and country.  She'd be amazing.

The only fans who are dead set on PopGa are the diehards who want her to go back to TF/TFM days and/or the young stans whose main genre in terms of listening is pop anyway.   :shrug:

I'm talkin' 'bout forever, baby.

FossMonsta

I like pop, buuuut it does suck when certain fans shoot down the idea of her doing anything else. Like I read the comments on her Cheek to Cheek videos and the amount of butthurt and crying about her "going back to pop" gets to me lol I guess its better to read those instead of the others whom complain just about her as a person xD

Quartz

You have to stop with the generalization boo. As you can see from majority of the replies, we're not confined to popga. We just want great music :Jase:

Inside, we are really made the same. 🕊

BricksNStrings

It's because little monsters own/control Gaga. She isn't allowed to do what she wants. It's not her career, it's not her body, it's not her life. They own her, obviously. It's called Do What U Want, not Do What I Want.

It's too bad cuz most of them have heinous taste

BricksNStrings

I mean they wanted her to be deeper and darker after TFM, and she did - but it was too preachy, too weird. Then they wanted her to be simple and catchy - and she did - and it was basic and generic. Can't wait to hear her do what the fans want and be torn to shreds again for listening to them.

Versace

Cause she is a Popstar, that is her profession, that is where she slays the most and excels, that is where she has most potential.

Do you see Katy perry doing country , Taylor swift doing rock, Nicki Minaj doing Opera, Shakira doing rap. No, in life you don't get the gift of being equally as talented In everything even when it comes to the genre of music an artist abides by. Yes an artist can be good at more than one genre but will eventually be known for one. You can walk many different roads but you can't walk them all at the same time.

Then comes our rights as fans, we have the rights to not support Gaga if she goes for something like Metal or Country for a full LP. We stanned for her as a popstar, during TF,TFM. Heck even if you stanned during BTW or ARTPOP means you're here for Electro Pop. I fell in love with a Pop Star, yes Gaga is a wonderful person and everyone should love her regardless of her career. But don't support something you do not believe in, that way you're simply not staying true to yourself. If you are not a fan of a certain genre then simply don't buy it just cause you like the artist behind it. Our careers and who we are should never correlate. Ex: Some strippers are better people than some teachers, yet no one supports stripping as a career where as teaching is supported.

I personally do not have the time and commitment to follow a careerpath I have no passion for. Yes , in the end , we buy Gaga's Metal/Country album, her album sales increase, her life gets better. The fan who's just buying for the sake of Gaga, loses money, listens to songs that he or she has no passion for and ultimately wastes his/her time where he or she could've enjoyed the pop album right next door. You are all here because of Lady Gaga's take on POP music and POP culture. So Pop with it !

/End

Versace

I mean they wanted her to be deeper and darker after TFM, and she did - but it was too preachy, too weird. Then they wanted her to be simple and catchy - and she did - and it was basic and generic. Can't wait to hear her do what the fans want and be torn to shreds again for listening to them.

​There is nothing simple about ARTPOP

Archived