💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Zayn Malik officially leaves One Direction

Travis

Featured Posts

one-direction-ama-2014-billboard-650.jpg

After five incredible years Zayn Malik has decided to leave One Direction. Niall, Harry, Liam and Louis will continue as a four-piece and look forward to the forthcoming concerts of their world tour and recording their fifth album, due to be released later this year.

Zayn says: "My life with One Direction has been more than I could ever have imagined. But, after five years, I feel like it is now the right time for me to leave the band. I'd like to apologise to the fans if I've let anyone down, but I have to do what feels right in my heart. I am leaving because I want to be a normal 22-year-old who is able to relax and have some private time out of the spotlight. I know I have four friends for life in Louis, Liam, Harry and Niall. I know they will continue to be the best band in the world."

One Direction say: "We're really sad to see Zayn go, but we totally respect his decision and send him all our love for the future. The past five years have been beyond amazing, we've gone through so much together, so we will always be friends. The four of us will now continue. We're looking forward to recording the new album and seeing all the fans on the next stage of the world tour."

Simon Cowell says: "I would like to say thank you to Zayn for everything he has done for One Direction. Since I first met Zayn in 2010, I have grown very, very fond - and immensely proud - of him. I have seen him grow in confidence and I am truly sorry to see him leave. As for One Direction, fans can rest assured that Niall, Liam, Harry and Louis are hugely excited about the future of the band."

https://www.facebook.com/onedirectionmusic

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brainiac

wow. I never cared about One Direction or their music but I wish him the best for the future.

Serendipity

now start your solo career and become the new JT

See talent here-->http://bit.ly/2eqeUxK

Lona Delery

I already see the fangirls' tears flowing :rip:

Sometimes it feels like I've got a war in my mind, I wanna get off but I keep riding the ride

Morphine Prince

The decay. This is only the beginning. A shame since Zayn is probably the best singer out of the five. 

The fan meltdowns though.... 

Haroon

Oh my goodness WHAT :udidnt: I'm not a fan but I am so shocked right now, I genuinely thought he'd just have a break and then come back :omg: I feel pretty sorry for the fans who bought tickets to the tour because they're missing 1 of the 5 that they paid for and wish Zayn would've been able to stick it out for a bit longer, but if he wasn't able to then fair dos :shrug: 

I wonder how the fans worldwide are feeling right now :ohno: Even I'm a bit sad because I remember watching their season of The X Factor and seeing them come together as a band right on my TV screen :cry: Hopefully Zayn's departure won't take too much of a toll on the group :noparty: 

Bloody

I want to be a normal 22-year-old who is able to relax and have some private time out of the spotlight.

That's an understandable reason. :yes: 

Archived