opinion

Lady Gaga's lyrics as an example of bad grammar

Coop

Featured Posts

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Curunir

the taylor swift one uses american slang that usually cuts "have got" to "got" only. that's why it's listed

grammatically speaking it's wrong, but it's a form of slang so... :shrug:

asana15

A fan brought the faux pas to Swift's attention Monday. "I was just having an amazing time studying for the SAT and now I feel attacked...ugh thanks swift...The lyrics are wrong," the fan, myswiftlifee, wrote on the singer's Tumblr, posting a page from the study booklet.

On the page students were asked to find the incorrect use of a pronoun in song lyrics by Swift, Katy Perry, Lady Gaga and Whitney Houston.

But the lyrics to Swift's "Fifteen" weren't exactly correct.

The Princeton Review wrote, "Somebody tells you they love you, you got to believe 'em."

The actual line is, "Somebody tells you they love you, you're gonna believe them."

Swift called out the test prep experts. "UGHHH PRINCETON REVIEWWWW," she wrote. "Not the right lyrics at all pssshhhh. You had one job, test people."

At least the Princeton Review got one thing right: Swift's grammar is wrong.

"Somebody" is singular and takes a singular pronoun: he or she, or him or her. But, if it's any consolation, it's a common mistake people make.

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/taylor-swift-scolds-princeton-review-misquoting-lyrics/story?id=29866854

​Poetic Justice? gaycat.png.992b47d38f09b0ad096f1acf4618a

​i love him and this song. my #3 fave after j.cole and gagz

JazzGa

LOL. That has always cracked me up. Doubly because of the fact that she ****ed up both "You and me could write a bad romance" AND "There's something about you and I" :rip: I don't fault her for it because for poetry and songwriting the sound and rhythm of a word are much more important than having perfect grammar. But I still find it hilarious.

God created Adam and Eve, but Gọdga collabed with Brian🎺 and Steve🎷

Bradley

I knew exactly which sentence they would have used before open the thread http://gagadaily.com/uploads/default_air.jpg 

​Me too, I realized this before I saw this.

TimisaMonster

I kind of find it funny that You and I is supposed to be you and me grammatically and it's supposed to be You and I in Bad Romance but it's you and me instead :smh: 

This...like...she can't win  :awkney:

Stream my new single, đź’ś"Heartbeat"đź’ś, on Spotify!

Serendipity

no wonder, every time i typed the lyrics to bad romance, auto correct changed them to you and me:fail:

also, majority of songs have intended grammatical mistakes in order to make the songs flow with the melody

perhaps, one of the reasons is the use of American English which does not give much heed to correction of every detail

at least, they didn't scalp her for punctuation

See talent here-->http://bit.ly/2eqeUxK

Archived