Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Madonna re-writes history with Rebel Heart for biggest 2nd week sales drop

Enhsa

Featured Posts

Serendipity

Even though Rebel Heart only debuted at #2 on the Billboard 200 chart due to poor album equivalents from its track sales and streams, it still opened as the best-selling album in pure album sales for the week ending 3/15/15 (i.e. it debuted at #1 on the Top Album Sales chart). And therefore, if this ends up the same with Nielsen Music's sales, Madonna would then have two of the largest second-week percentage drops for #1-debuting albums strictly based on pure album sales in Nielsen Music history:

Rank / Artist / Title (Year of Release) / % Decline (Debut Units - 2nd Week Units)
1. Madonna, MDNA (2012) - 86.70% (from 359,000 to 48,000 at No. 8)
2. Lady Gaga, Born This Way (2011) - 84.28% (from 1.11 million to 174,000 at No. 1)
3. Mac Miller, Blue Slide Park (2011) - 82.54% (from 144,000 to 25,000 at No. 24)
4. Lady Gaga, ARTPOP (2013) - 82% (from 258,000 to 46,000 at No. 8)
5. Kanye West, Yeezus (2013) - 80.27% (from 327,000 to 65,000 at No. 3)
6. Justin Timberlake, The 20/20 Experience 2 of 2 (2013) - 80.08% (from 350,000 to 70,000 at No. 5)
7. Jay-Z, Kingdom Come (2006) - 79.42% (from 680,000 to 140,000 at No. 6)
8. One Direction, Midnight Memories (2013) - 79% (from 546,000 to 117,000 at No. 2)

Rebel Heart (2015) opened with 116,000 units. It'd need over 87% drop to take the all-time record from MDNA. And based on the previews so far, it actually might take it.

​i think the album w/ the sales drop ever was 96% dropping from 5-out of top 50 last year

i can't remember it's name

See talent here-->http://bit.ly/2eqeUxK

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Whispering

That's too bad :( She's still selling out arenas and stadiums tho, so the RH era is not a total flop

Her tour is mostly arenas, right? How many stadiums are there and how many of those are sold out?

Bellatrix

Her tour is mostly arenas, right? How many stadiums are there and how many of those are sold out?

​Yeah, mostly arenas. I don't know how many stadiums there are. I think Sweden has the only stadium on her European leg and it's almost sold out. There are only cheap seats with bad sight left, which is impressing after the MDNA Tour in Gothenburg since I've heard from people who went there that it was a huge disappointment. People even left during the show.

Serendipity

​Yeah, mostly arenas. I don't know how many stadiums there are. I think Sweden has the only stadium on her European leg and it's almost sold out. There are only cheap seats with bad sight left, which is impressing after the MDNA Tour in Gothenburg since I've heard from people who went there that it was a huge disappointment. People even left during the show.

​it was that bad?

RAMROD

Not to be proud of :awkney:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

somnambulist

I'm actually curious how the tour will gross. The public doesn't seem interested at ALL. Even girl gone wild went top 10, living for love wasn't in the top 100.......

There's thousands of tickets on third party sites like stub hub so we'll see in the end, im honestly curious.

Bellatrix

​it was that bad?

​Yeah according to what I've heard. I wasn't there myself, but the audience was completely off and Madonna got a bit pissed and told them to go home if they were bored :laughga:

Serendipity

I'm actually curious how the tour will gross. The public doesn't seem interested at ALL. Even girl gone wild went top 10, living for love wasn't in the top 100.......

There's thousands of tickets on third party sites like stub hub so we'll see in the end, im honestly curious.

​bro, you got the facts wrong

it was give me all your luvin #10

ggw flopped

nikola

That's too bad :( She's still selling out arenas and stadiums tho, so the RH era is not a total flop

​yeah but they are not really coming because of the album...they are coming because of her name......

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Its reall< sad to se RH floping since its actually good

I've got an "F" and a "C" and I got a "K" too And the only thing that is missing is a bitch like "U"

Serendipity

​Yeah according to what I've heard. I wasn't there myself, but the audience was completely off and Madonna got a bit pissed and told them to go home if they were bored :laughga:

​good thing i didn't go

anyway her tickets are too expensive

Fiona Apple

It's sad. Rebel Heart is a really good album and it will hardly even sell 250k in US :air:

Bellatrix

​good thing i didn't go

anyway her tickets are too expensive

​Not here. Slightly cheaper than Gaga tickets actually.

That's bad.. I'm not a fan but I do still think she has nothing to worry about. Her tours are always huge hits and she has such a long living career. 

Serendipity

​Not here. Slightly cheaper than Gaga tickets actually.

​where do you live?

darkwolf

​There are no stadiums as for now. It was known months ago that she's going to do arenas this time; since she's touring in the fall/winter.

• Zilla locked this topic

Archived