💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Roots Coming Off the New Grey Wig?

Miel

Featured Posts

Miel

Okay, so I haven't been around for a while, so I don't know if this has been talked about, but-

Has anybody noticed the gradual evolution of the new silver wig?

From this

Screen-Shot-2015-02-09-at-12.21.02-PM-66

to this

lady-gaga-oscars-sound-of-music-2015-bil

to

Lady-Gaga-and-Taylor-Kinney-attend-Opera

Now, call me a reach (because I am), but gradual hair change has been her one of her most consistent metaphors through all her albums. What do you think? Is she returning to meta madness? Has university officially driven me mad? Remember- I was the one that used to post all the crazy double-meta ideas, so I might just be going off the deep end again. Go!

edit: thank you, Haroon! Got to get used to the site again. What is this, 4.0 now? 5.0? 6.5?

3 points in and ready for more

KyliesChild

I haven't noticed that :omg: Or maybe she just likes the style :shrug:But I see that your are onto something....

PrinceGaga

Kinda reaching I think...

funny-gif-baby-reaching-spoon_large.gif

But you very well may be on to something! She does like to do things that we can look back on months from now and think "omg that's what that meant!?!" so who knows 

Haroon

Firstly, welcome back! Long time no see :party: 

To insert an image just paste the link on a new line and then press "Enter" on your keyboard and it should self-embed - same goes for Twitter, Vine, Instagram, YouTube, etc :yes: 

I personally haven't noticed the change in her previous wigs like that :huh: But I do like the change in this one so far, it keeps it fresh but still recognizable :flutter: 

This  actually makes a lot of sense :excuseme: 

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

RBNLM

Kinda reaching I think...

funny-gif-baby-reaching-spoon_large.gif

But you very well may be on to something! She does like to do things that we can look back on months from now and think "omg that's what that meant!?!" so who knows 

​with gaga you never know :Chica:

elijahfan

Well, it just mirrors her current mood. By the time her next album comes out, she'll probably look totally different.

Miel

Previous examples I can think of (that, again, could be just little old delusional me):

(I'm stuck at an airport trying to go home for spring break from uni please keep the conversation going this is keeping me at a decent state of mind lol)

-hmm, The Fame was fairly consistent with styles, I guess. But the bangs, bob, and hairbow are definitely one of her more prominent hair metaphors

-the gradual addition of yellow into Gaga's hair, from the end of Bad Romance, through Telephone, through the end of MB (albeit separate into MB, as opposed to the whole TFM/BTW era thing she had going on), which ended up being one of the more defining visuals of TFM

-the gradual addition of pink into the grey hair (which kind of had its own thing during TFM, concurrently with the yellow hair jfc that's a little more chaotic than I thought) from the weird end-of-TFM/genesis-of-BTW phase, signifying one of the more main visuals of BTW the single (and kind of the album phase altogether)

-the gradual addition of black into Gaga's hair, from a streak in her short bang to her whole short bang to more highlights to even weirder highlights to complete halves (from beginning of BTW to... end of BTW it was just way too chaotic)

-the teal hair... kind of? It mixed in with the black addition. While a great metaphor imo, it was at the time incredibly erratic and kind of confusing. That was less a gradual metaphor and more "GODDAMMIT, IT SIGNIFIES THE FANTASY SIDE OF THIS WHOLE METAPHOR" kind of thing

-the dichotomy between brunette and blonde, starting from late-BTW (BTWB) up until the blackout. It was actually really cool- the brunette signifying the complete split in the dichotomy of "when they treat me like a clown, I become Vuitton Brown"- with her being blonde onstage, and brunette elsewhere (Private In Public??? I have too much time on my hands).

-and then the various consistent styles of ARTPOP but that was the most chaotic I don't even want to **** with what they probably mean individually. As a more encompassing metaphor, sure- the giant ARTPOP Frankenwig wig, the showing of her real hair, the dichotomy of her "real hair" wigs, whatever the hell the Venus wig was, the green hair, the G.U.Y. hair- all probably something something about theater representation and the fourth wall or something. idk ARTPOP was crazy.

-dying her hair from black (to green) finally back to blonde, then back to black again. Consistent styles- short bang black hair and the Italian Curls.

Miel

Well, it just mirrors her current mood. By the time her next album comes out, she'll probably look totally different.

​Also true. I'm going crazy.

elijahfan

​Also true. I'm going crazy.

​Don't worry, you're seeing a pattern and it's interesting to a--lyze :) It is true that Gaga has noticeably been sporting silver hair for a few months now. It's always interesting to study the evolution of her silhouette.

10-30-14_C_%C3%A0_Vous_001.jpg

11-2-14_Backstage_at_Wiener_Stadthalle_i

11-4-14_Leaving_Hotel_in_Milan_001.jpg

11-6-14_Leaving_Park_Hyatt_Hotel_in_Mila

12-7-14_Kevin_Mazur_002.jpg

2-8-15_57th_Grammy_Awards_-_Red_Carpet_a

2-22-15_Oscars_Performance_002.jpeg

3-14-15_4th_Celebrity_Ski_'Operation_Smi

3-21-15_Leaving_Tujague's_Restaurant_in_

Archived