music news

Madonna's Rebel Heart drops from #1-#18 in Australia

ViviLittleM

Featured Posts

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fame Romance

It deserved more successful, it took me like 2 months to get into it, but now I appreciate how good it is.

Bloody

​Hmm she's only the best female selling artist ever with 300m albums, I'm worried tbh :ohno: 

​poor madge K284obo.gif

xoxo cupcakke

But Rebel Heart is her best album in 7 years. It deserves more recognition. I just feel she's pandering more to an older generation than a younger one

On another note, I just find it so strange that such technological advances have already created two generations of individuals: the post X-generation and the true Millennials. There is such a difference, I see, between my age group and the one that is a year younger than mine. This generational split is more evident in those born in 1999 and on. It's like those born in 1990-1997 are a generation of there own and those born in late 1997 and 1998 are a transitionary group which possesses qualities of both those born in 1990- early 1997 and those born after 1999. I find it so fascinating yet so strange. Usually, generational splits don't occur so quickly but I guess with the influx of technology, social media, and information, the generations have split rapidly

RBNLM

​Don't worry about her. Think about YOUR career :)

​i'm not worrying about her at all honey :awkney: + you know nothing about me and my career :madge: 

PopBitch

It happens to all older artists who were massive.   They just keep putting out music because they are creative and it's who they are, but the big sales aren't a given anymore.  The others are rock artists, though, or country.  Madonna is the only pop artist, though, that has achieved this kind of long-lasting career as far as consistently putting out music and still selling in the millions.  No female has ever accomplished that in the pop field, three decades, which is more youth-driven as far as pop stars.  This is the big hit (in a bad way for her) for her.  It was going to come, but I am surprised.  I think it's coming off of MDNA and the disappointment by many of that album and then this album leaking so long ago.  Otherwise, it might have done somewhat better.   

I love almost all of Rebel Heart.  It just keeps getting better and better for me.  I feel bad for her, but Madonna always pushes on.  She didn't last this long because she was a quitter.  For me, it's fast becoming one of my favorite albums of hers.  She put so much effort into this album, and at the end of the day, I just have to be thankful I get this quality of music from her, since even I had almost written her off after MDNA, except for a few songs.

This tour is going to be brilliant, though.  I can't wait.  I think it is going to be closer to like the Confessions tour, which slayed.   I can't wait to see her perform Iconic.

LePetitGAGABLover

Mess, especially since many people (including me) bought more than one copy of her album. 

darkwolf

​i'm not worrying about her at all honey http://gagadaily.com/uploads/default_awkney2.gif + you know nothing about me and my career :madge: 

​What position is your album on the charts this week? :)

AquaFire Witch

It happens to all older artists who were massive.   They just keep putting out music because they are creative and it's who they are, but the big sales aren't a given anymore.  The others are rock artists, though, or country.  Madonna is the only pop artist, though, that has achieved this kind of long-lasting career as far as consistently putting out music and still selling in the millions.  No female has ever accomplished that in the pop field, three decades, which is more youth-driven as far as pop stars.  This is the big hit (in a bad way for her) for her.  It was going to come, but I am surprised.  I think it's coming off of MDNA and the disappointment by many of that album and then this album leaking so long ago.  Otherwise, it might have done somewhat better.   

I love almost all of Rebel Heart.  It just keeps getting better and better for me.  I feel bad for her, but Madonna always pushes on.  She didn't last this long because she was a quitter.  For me, it's fast becoming one of my favorite albums of hers.  She put so much effort into this album, and at the end of the day, I just have to be thankful I get this quality of music from her, since even I had almost written her off after MDNA, except for a few songs.

This tour is going to be brilliant, though.  I can't wait.  I think it is going to be closer to like the Confessions tour, which slayed.   I can't wait to see her perform Iconic.

​WOW didn't realize so many people didn't like MDNA. I love it. I think it is amazing. Rebel Heart is blahh to me but you know I only listened to it once so I am going to definitely give it another go.

Madonna has had other sucky albums too imo, so I don't think this will break her. She will keep doing what she's doing. And really despite how bad she charts her tours will always generate the most because people still want to see her.

Archived