Featured Posts

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shake It Off- Peak at #1 for 14 weeks

Blank Space- Peak at #1 for 4 weeks

Style- Peak at #6 for 1 week

.....I sense a decline already

I'm gonna say Bad Blood peaks at #10 for a week and gets radio play for 2-3 weeks. 

and then thats the end for 1989....

so much for Swifties calling this her "The Fame"/ "Teenage Dream"

:applause:

Paper Planes

I'm gonna say Bad Blood peaks at #10 for a week and gets radio play for 2-3 weeks. 

​When you sell over 8,000,000 copies of your album worldwide and don't rely on re-releases to extend longevity, single sales tend to dim a bit because everyone has already bought all of the songs :thetea: 

Not to mention that Taylor has done nothing to promote Style other than a music video, and it still wiggled to Top 10 status.

delete it fat

Spock

​When you sell over 8,000,000 copies of your album worldwide and don't rely on re-releases to extend longevity, single sales tend to dim a bit because everyone has already bought all of the songs http://gagadaily.com/uploads/default_thetea.gif 

Not to mention that Taylor has done nothing to promote Style other than a music video, and it still wiggled to Top 10 status.

The pressed gonna press :spin: 

who will love me when the night is over

Darcklighter22

Sweet! can't wait for the video and most of the songs would make good singles as a whole it's a very complete album :) 

Fiona Apple

​Tbh 1989 is WAY more successful than Teenage Dream.. Style made it to #6 without ANY promo.It only had the video and radio airplay.. The album is critically acclaimed,has CRAZY sales,already 2 HUGE hits,and 1 decent hit .It's the most successful album since 21

Fiona Apple

it's one of my fav from the album actually this and wildest dreams are good 

​yea wildest dreams is amazing

The video will be a kii. :rip: I can't ****ing wait.

KatyCats will seethe. 

The Taylor Brigade: KNOCKOUT

Cody Draco

The video will be a kii. :rip: I can't ****ing wait.

KatyCats will seethe. 

​The sad thing for Taylor and her fans is that this song/video is just giving Katy more promo.

I like some of Taylor's older songs and I like a lot of Katy's stuff too, so I don't really care either way.

The threads will be interesting to watch. :pole:

SISTERV

​Tbh 1989 is WAY more successful than Teenage Dream.. Style made it to #6 without ANY promo.It only had the video and radio airplay.. The album is critically acclaimed,has CRAZY sales,already 2 HUGE hits,and 1 decent hit .It's the most successful album since 21

​I dunno. Teenage Dream was masssssssive for like 9 months. 5 number one hits and huge video views. 

Katy's videos from the Teenage Dream era has ammassed a combined 2.1 billion views, and that was years ago when it still wasn't the primary use for music video watching.

T-Swifts 1989 era has ammassed about 1.4 billion views. 

But Gaga's Fame/Fame Monster era ****ing destroys with 2.5 billion views, and thats around when youtube was starting. With proper inflation that would be like scoring 10 billion views in 2015

HarryTheNight

quick question for everyone wanting wonderland/nr, do big pop stars ever release bonus tracks as singles? because i feel like usualy they dont and i dont see it happening for this reason. i know like Nicki Minaj does but thats it lol. although new romantics should be a single i agree, it should be on the main album instead of ayhtdws or something. wonderland is fun but pretty basic if you think about it, I don't think it would do that well

apparently it is not the single and How You Get the Girl is the prime candidate according to josepvinaixa

Good choice.  Another top 10 hit is plausible, considering the album is still selling way above (if not tripled than) a typical album running for its 21st week since its release. 

​Which chart is this? Yes, Shake It Off is the biggest hit off 1989 in terms of sales largely due to the fact of it being a lead single and a pre-album single (i.e. it had the luxury of a full fan base support in terms of individual purchase, as opposed to a post-album single wherein the fan base already owned most of, if not all, the tracks, which then naturally leads to a decline in digital song sales), but Blank Space out-lasted SIO in terms of weeks spent at #1 in all major Billboard charts, including the Hot 100 itself, and that's pretty rare for a 2nd single.

Chart / Title (Peak Year) / Peak / Weeks

Hot 100:
Shake It Off (2014) - #1 for 4 weeks
Blank Space (2014-2015) - #1 for 7 weeks
Style (2015) - #6 for 1 week

Radio Songs:
Blank Space (2014-2015) - #1 for 6 weeks
Style (2015) - #3 for 3 weeks

Digital Songs:
Blank Space (2014-2015) - #1 for 7 weeks