Jump to content
The Evolution of Gaga
politics

Leaked EU report shows anti-Israel concerns


Didymus

Featured Posts

Didymus

EU should firstly fight anti-semitism. 

There are Arabs living in Jewish city's but God beware if Jewish people live in Muslim regions,

​Why firstly? :huh:

I don't get the second sentence either. I mean, it's just simply factual that Jewish colonization in Palestine territory is real (and by the way, condemned by almost every European nation ànd the United States of America for decades). The problem is not that Jews are living there now, it's that (internationally illegal) expansion of settlements is being carried out.

Since this illegal practice has been a "success" for the largest part of the conflict without a strong international response is almost baffling. This EU report is pressuring its states to finally take action because the link between settlement expansion and violence has been demonstrated endlessly over the past few years. I don't see what could possibly be wrong with that, even if you're "pro-Israel" which you literally claimed above (something I consider rather tasteless).

So you and lego, quit taking this thread off-topic with your, to put it honestly but bluntly, shockingly boring generalizations and opinions that (you know!) will never convince either one of you or anyone else for that matter or I'm just gonna have to report both of you.

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

​

Well Israel clearly can't approve of the new dialogue which is going on between Iran and the EU and US. There have been multiple reports that suggest the anti-Iran sanction could be withdrawn in the nearest future, and Israel sees it as a sort of betrayal, since Iran is its biggest opponent in the Middle East.

The thing is that Iran can be useful for EU in its strategy of diversification of its gas pipelne supplies, especially since the things started heating up. Russian Gazprom representatives announced at European Gas conference that Ukraine pipeline systems will no longer be used after the current transit contract expires in 2019, meaning over 60 billion cubic meters of gas will need to be delivered to Europe via different pipeline systems and from different sources, Iran being just one of them.

 

​But would Russia vote for less sanctions with Iran? The oil prices would go down if, which would hurt the Russian economy even more.

 

-Jaffa riots 1921

-1920 Nebi Musa riots

-​1929 Palestine riots 

So don't even try to act like Muslims and Jews lived like heaven before. 

​Can you stop. I don't get why you defend something that is internationally illegal, and why you defend a state that commits war crimes. And the EU can discuss whatever they want to discuss, there's thousands and thousands of people and they can talk about multiple subjects at once. The war in Palestine is actually quite important, considering the amount of deaths commited by Israeli soldiers, while the EU and the US continues to support Israel. I also don't get why you see antisemitism as the biggest issue in the EU. Islamophobia and xenophobia is a way bigger problem. In my country, unemployment is 19% among Moroccans. That's three times higher than among Dutch people..

Link to post
Share on other sites

bumblebee

​But would Russia vote for less sanctions with Iran? The oil prices would go down if, which would hurt the Russian economy even more.

 

​

In my opinion, Russia would support the withdrawal of sanctions from Iran. Even though such a move might stir up further turbulence on the oil market and keep the prices low, it is not against Russian long-term strategic interests. No matter how idiotic Russian politicians may seem through the press reports, they are not stupid when it comes to the issue of over-dependency from oil exports. The President and a couple of key vice prime ministers have stated that the sanctions imposed on Russian economy are a good chance to start the transformation of the economy, and reasonably low oil prices seem to be a good stimulus.

It is the gas issue that matters, particularly the idea that Iran may compete with Russian gas pipeline systems on the EU route, but it seems to me that Russian and Iranian government may reach an agreement there. There is a controversial issue of S-300 missile systems which Iran wants to obtain from Russia, so maybe Russian government will sell them S-300 systems in return for a promise to cut the volumes of gas sold to EU.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Melech

​Why firstly? :huh:

I don't get the second sentence either. I mean, it's just simply factual that Jewish colonization in Palestine territory is real (and by the way, condemned by almost every European nation ànd the United States of America for decades). The problem is not that Jews are living there now, it's that (internationally illegal) expansion of settlements is being carried out.

Since this illegal practice has been a "success" for the largest part of the conflict without a strong international response is almost baffling. This EU report is pressuring its states to finally take action because the link between settlement expansion and violence has been demonstrated endlessly over the past few years. I don't see what could possibly be wrong with that, even if you're "pro-Israel" which you literally claimed above (something I consider rather tasteless).

So you and lego, quit taking this thread off-topic with your, to put it honestly but bluntly, shockingly boring generalizations and opinions that (you know!) will never convince either one of you or anyone else for that matter or I'm just gonna have to report both of you.

​Firstly, sorry with the off topic in your thread! 

I acknowledge the things you wrote. We are allowed to have different opinions on that case Yes: 

Though I wonder if you consider "pro-Palestine" also as tasteless? Just wondering. And yes you are allowed to report me if I continue with this. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Melech

​But would Russia vote for less sanctions with Iran? The oil prices would go down if, which would hurt the Russian economy even more.

 

​Can you stop. I don't get why you defend something that is internationally illegal, and why you defend a state that commits war crimes. And the EU can discuss whatever they want to discuss, there's thousands and thousands of people and they can talk about multiple subjects at once. The war in Palestine is actually quite important, considering the amount of deaths commited by Israeli soldiers, while the EU and the US continues to support Israel. I also don't get why you see antisemitism as the biggest issue in the EU. Islamophobia and xenophobia is a way bigger problem. In my country, unemployment is 19% among Moroccans. That's three times higher than among Dutch people..

​The most "religious" discrimination was against Jews and not against Muslims in France for example. The most anti-semitism comes from Muslims, which is kind of irony since Muslims also get discriminated 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Didymus

​Firstly, sorry with the off topic in your thread! 

I acknowledge the things you wrote. We are allowed to have different opinions on that case Yes: 

Though I wonder if you consider "pro-Palestine" also as tasteless? Just wondering. And yes you are allowed to report me if I continue with this. 

​Oh yes I consider that equally tasteless for sure :yes: Same reason.

We sure are allowed to have different opinions, but can you expand a bit on yours please because I just really don't follow you. Why should antisemitism in European countries be completely solved first before we attempt to remedy the situation in and around Jerusalem? Why can't be do both simultaneously for instance?

I think I successfully countered your "God beware if Jewish people live in Muslim regions" statement but if I haven't please tell me your thoughts about it, 'cause I'm interested to know them, not just to end the convo with "we're allowed to have different opinions" :emma:

Link to post
Share on other sites

TiphEret

​The most "religious" discrimination was against Jews and not against Muslims in France for example. The most anti-semitism comes from Muslims, which is kind of irony since Muslims also get discriminated 

Excuse me but where did you hear that about France? I think muslim are usually the target I mean just look at the laws France has done against headscarf and all that stuff, we are very racist when it comes to arabs way more than jews even if they are also victims of discrimation they are more accepted.

 

To go back on topic, the boycott can be an easy step to take for us from an inidvidual perspective but this conflict is so complex and neverending... I don't even think a two state solution is possible because Israel and Palestine will keep fighting over which land to who, plus for Israel to "give in" the Golan and the West bank it's not a good military strategy considering their neighbours. It's true they have a very defensive perspective when it comes to their country, too much but I can understand why. It doesn't justify to colonisation of Paliestina territories though... colons are really making the matter worse.

Sur le sable sur la neige, Sur les images dorées,Sur le front de mes amis, J’écris ton nom
Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.


×
×
  • Create New...