Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
event

Meghan Trainor dragged by media for sexist music video

Supersonic

Featured Posts

Tove Lo

​Lol.It's not meant to be taken seriously :deadbanana:

​Then why make a song that isn't supposed to be taken seriously a single. That's like making Donatella a single.

hop on that **** like a maniac

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Supersonic

Kinda funny that you have to "explain" what is s-xist about that song when I literally linked 3 other articles that very precisely state what is s-xist about the song & video

Some people just don't wanna address the elephant in the room, even though it shat all over the f*cking room.

It ain't our fault, that you are too lazy to educate yourself or even consider the thought that your hailed popstar is not some flawfree robot that continously promotes her new single.

Lol give me a break. Let's see Rihanna or Katy drop a "joke" about fat people in one of their songs and see how the world reacts. Don't be hypocritical about it.

we get up in arms when someone like Eminem makes a joke about gay people or women, we do the same if someone makes a joke about Gaga putting on weight etc. Why is it okay to pull the "it's just a joke" card against skinny people but no one else? It's absolute bs and it goes against her point in the first place of attitudes in society. If kids are taught it's alright to laugh at people that are different to them then they're gonna hate themselves if there's anything they perceive to be wrong with them. And it all starts with things like this that change those attitudes. 

Obviously no one's gonna take it that seriously from the song but it's just the principle. She's a hypocrite. 

​I'm pretty sure no one spared her from the "joke" :awkney:

If you look through, everyone keeps talking about her saying about the "joke" but you keep harping on it as though no one had ever criticized her for it :awkney: 

Gypsy Life

It's more degrading than it is s-xist because she is painting out what the perfect woman should be like. Which kinda counts as prejudice which falls under s-xism. 

Well that's kind of point. She was saying in an earlier interview the song was inspired with a joke she was making with her father when she was young about a perfect couple. The perfect wife being her, and the perfect guy is her future husband. ''I'm awesome, why would you not want to marry me and date me?" was her quote. 

She doesn't say in the song what a perfect woman SHOULD be, hence why she talked in it about a woman being a housewife, and another who doesn't like being a housewife.

You and your fellow "feminists" are making a big deal of something not meant to be taken literally or seriously. Taking a joke hurts more than taking a **** it seems.

Kinda funny that you have to "explain" what is s-xist about that song when I literally linked 3 other articles that very precisely state what is s-xist about the song & video

Some people just don't wanna address the elephant in the room, even though it shat all over the f*cking room.

It ain't our fault, that you are too lazy to educate yourself or even consider the thought that your hailed popstar is not some flawfree robot that continously promotes her new single.

​Clearly you created this thread with an intention to bring her down. This just shows how much you are.:yes: 

Paper Gangsta

Find? It's not like it's very hard to spot the  s-xism that oozes from Meghan's music. 

I didn't talk about Meghan  but in general. People bullied that girl on twitter for apparently appropriateing black hairstyle :emma:

Supersonic

​Clearly you created this thread with an intention to bring her down. This just shows how much you are.:yes: 

​Appearently you mistake valid criticism as just being a "hater". I guess Martin Luther King was also just an ignorant Ku Klux Klan hater.

Gypsy Life

"a literal garbage pile of horrible retrograde gender stereotypes"

Not exactly a valid opinion that should be taken seriously. Pass.

Tropico

I didn't talk about Meghan  but in general. People bullied that girl on twitter for apparently appropriateing black hairstyle :emma:

Oh that girl. :emma: I personally thought THAT was stupid. 

♢ Social Justice Enthusiast ♢

ItsTommyBitch

MESS:lmao:

Feminism advocates for women's right to CHOOSE. There is nothing "Sexist" or wrong about wanting to be a stay at home mom or doing stereotypically "motherly" things at all :sweep:.

While Gender Stereotypes can be harmful, its not as if this one music video/song is telling women to follow her decisions at all :air:.

Meghan's definitely not a feminist nor a female role model, but i dont see this video as any more problematic than anything that shows any gender stereotype. 

I do wish she were more educated and that her lyrics didnt reflect that her self worth is a bit dependent on men though :giveup: 

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから

YeehawKylie

how can she get away with releasing 3 singles that sound exactly the same, except this one is just offensively bad.

​Thank you! All her music sounds the same...not to mention the sound they all share is hardly groundbreaking. The lyrics are all laced with "men want this so you should conform" message as well. Why it took three bad singles to figure this out...is beyond me.

Supersonic

Also: can we stop pretending like pop music has absolutely no influence on society? Born This Way called. Michael Jackson called. Madonna called. They're angry at your ignorance. "Silly pop music." MY ASS.

Fiona Apple

​Then why make a song that isn't supposed to be taken seriously a single. That's like making Donatella a single.

​How does choosing a song as a single makes it serious :duck:

Tove Lo

​How does choosing a song as a single makes it serious :duck:

​Why would anyone put that much money into making and promoting a "not serious song". It was obviously serious unless her album is just an entire joke. Well, it kind of is. :reductive: I'm done with your illogical and delusional thinking. None of your "points" justified anything.

hop on that **** like a maniac

Fiona Apple

​Why would anyone put that much money into making and promoting a "not serious song". It was obviously serious unless her album is just an entire joke. Well, it kind of is. :reductive: I'm done with your illogical and delusional thinking. None of your "points" justified anything.

​because it is catchy and has a hit potential.. :awkney: I just hate how negative and immature you all are towards Meghan Trainor..I am not a huge fan of hers or something.. But you guys find always something negative to say about ha.. :awkney: The whole song/video is like a persona.. A girl that tries to find the right guy about her.. It is a bit stupid as a song.But it's not really s-xist or something.Your points are rediculous as well

Archived