đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
event

Meghan Trainor dragged by media for sexist music video

Supersonic

Featured Posts

chrismugler

I just like "All about that Bass". I also believe she's not groundbreaking or innovating. #SorryNotSorry :laughga: 

B.B.A. / Music Lover / Human.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Supersonic

​Actually, no.

Feminism is not simply equality - part of the concept of feminism is the belief that women are the victims of institutionalised oppression by men. Feminism is an ideology: It is not simply an identity in the same way somebody calls themselves American, or gay, for example.

I do not believe in feminist concepts such as patriarchy or rape culture, therefore I do not consider myself a feminist. 

I prefer the term egalitarianism, which is the belief that all human beings are equal. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egalitarianism

Feminism is not the be all and end all of equality - your dismissal of anyone who doesn't share your opinion is bigotry. 

​Patriarchy and rape culture aren't real? I guess that Hunting Ground movie is completely unnecessary and "Till It Happens To You" is the epitome of stupidity.

"Egaltarianism" is a term made up 60 year old white men who felt hurt about being called out on their sh*t. This is the same bullsh*t as the "I see no colors" excuse when it comes to racism. It's 100 years too late to "see no color". It's way too late to believe in "egaltarianism", because clearly women (especially women of color) are continuously objectified, demeaned and f*cked over.

You sound pretty much like a rampant male anti-feminist posing as a girl online to discredit an entire movement that has been going for more than a 100 years. Don't think I haven't noticed your low reputation & post counts, I know someone shady when I see it.

PicklePower

She truly is the worst popstar ever

​No....She's pretty much what a popstar should be, cute, fun, entertaining.

MEGHAN TRAINOR | Katy Perry | Taylor Swift | Lady Gaga | Rihanna | Ariana Grande | Beyoncé | Nicki Minaj | Sam Smith

As a feminist, I support her right to live her life however she wants. If she's happy cooking dinner for her husband and being a classic housewife, that doesn't make her anti-equality. 

Psychedelic

Riiight... Because women don't go through discrimination and aren't targets for violence and rape, in the US or anywhere else in the world. :smh:

Like I stated before, this isn't a contest. All minorities have their unique set of prejudices and problems in society that they deal with. 

​And what does that have to do with a video of a girl cooking, and housekeeping? :rip:

You are not getting the point. Feels as though you just wanna contradict for the sake of it!

This video isn't potraying violence or discriminatory circumstances. It's just potrying the lifestyle of many women in the US around the world. If anyone does not condone this lifestyle can simply pass without feeling offended. Just like when there is a video of two homos-xuals kissing and it's not one's cup of tea.

I don't like Meghan at all, I'm not defending her. I just find this complaints extremely ridiculous.

And there is still a lot discrimination against women in the world even in 1st world countries but women are not a minority!

I like the song - it's fresh to write about MARRIAGE for once instead of just falling in love or breaking up. The song is also equal, in that she spells out what she wants in a man, but shows visually she's willing to do stuff for him too. "I wanna be treated like a lady, but I'm willing to cook for you too." The 50's imagery goes with the song and could be tongue in cheek.

Some of the feminists that hate this, I suspect, are the ones that make housewives feel like 2nd class woman for their choices.

Whispering

​And what does that have to do with a video of a girl cooking, and housekeeping?"................

And there is still a lot discrimination against women in the world even in 1st world countries but women are not a minority!

I already explained it and you aren't getting it, so let's drop it.

Women most certainly are a minority in the US.

When talking about race, ethnicity, gender, religion, or any other socially meaningful group of people, the majority refers to the social group considered to have the most power in a particular place. (And sometimes the most members) In the United States, white or Caucasian people are considered to be the racial majority group. White people have historically been the most powerful race in terms of representation in the media, business positions (like owning companies), or representation in politics. 

Majority groups are often statistical majorities, meaning the group with the most people, but this is not always true. For example, when it comes to gender, men are considered to be the majority group in the United States because they have more social power than women. However, from a pure numbers perspective, there are a slightly higher number of women than men. So even though there are technically more women in the United States, women are still considered a minority group because they are a group with less social resources and power. 

uo111

You got that 9 to 5
But, baby, so do I
So don't be thinking I'll be home and baking apple pies
I never learned to cook
But I can write a hook
Sing along with me
Sing-sing along with me (hey)

Did no one listen (or read) the lyrics?

If the song is s-xist, it's not s-xist against women, that's for sure.

Noah Fatale

hhhooolllyyyyyyy just shut up and enjoy the music its litterally meaningless pop music written to be played on the radio and bopped along to wtf is with everybody a--lysing the fvcking lyrics

meghan is litterally like 20 years old or something and she has the personality of a 16 year old do you really think shed be writing in-depth songs promoting s-xism and negative **** on purpose? no. she just writes catchy **** that shouldnt be over-a--lysed

wtf

ya'll are getting so pressed about this

Psychedelic

I already explained it and you aren't getting it, so let's drop it.

Women most certainly are a minority in the US.

When talking about race, ethnicity, gender, religion, or any other socially meaningful group of people, the majority refers to the social group considered to have the most power in a particular place. (And sometimes the most members) In the United States, white or Caucasian people are considered to be the racial majority group. White people have historically been the most powerful race in terms of representation in the media, business positions (like owning companies), or representation in politics. 

Majority groups are often statistical majorities, meaning the group with the most people, but this is not always true. For example, when it comes to gender, men are considered to be the majority group in the United States because they have more social power than women. However, from a pure numbers perspective, there are a slightly higher number of women than men. So even though there are technically more women in the United States, women are still considered a minority group because they are a group with less social resources and power. 

​Yes, I understand everything you are saying. You are correct to a great extent, but what all of that has to do with this girl's music video? :air:

Whispering

​Yes, I understand everything you are saying. You are correct to a great extent, but what all of that has to do with this girl's music video? default_air.jpg

You are the one who brought up things such as the discrimination competition and the comment about women being a minority or not. Then, when I comment back to the topic you brought up in the first place, you cry "what does this have to do with the video." You can save that silly trolling **** for someone else, because I don't fall for it.

Psychedelic

You are the one who brought up things such as the discrimination competition and the comment about women being a minority or not. Then, when I comment back to the topic you brought up in the first place, you cry "what does this have to do with the video." You can save that silly trolling **** for someone else, because I don't fall for it.

​:awkney: when did I do that?

It's pointless having a disscussion with you, you always try to contradict someone even if that person is barely disagreeing with you, just for the sake of demonstrating you are 100% correct on any matter.

Dorothy Gale

It's honestly kind of s-xist, if a man made a song called, "Dear Future Wife" he'd be beaten to a bloody pulp.

Archived