đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
debate

If ARTPOP was a visual album...

Bambino

Featured Posts

Bambino

Would the era have been any different?

ARTPOP was described as a creative, innovative project and not just an album. Eventually the album was released... and you know the rest of the story. But if it was a visual album, all tracks would have had videos, and Gaga and Troy would've discussed their creative differences way before they would decide what single should have a video.

Do you think this would've saved the ARTPOP era the mess it had? Do you think it would have made a difference?

P.S: Before you bring BEYONCE comparisons, if ARTPOP was a visual album, it would've happened before BEYONCE actually :giggle:

ARTPOP era would have been more enjoyable for me and god would I make even more sure people check it out and be amazed by it

iFXq5zvACw0z1.gif

boobtank

I think it would have had better reviews from critics if it was released as a visual album tbh

Phoenix

Ofc it would, if album just had a proper promo it would do much better. 

đź’Ž

Andreyw

if ARTPOP would've been actually a visual album , I guess the ARTPOP app wouldn't have been scrapped as well (the videos could've been uploaded there) , Troy wouldn't have been an asshole, the era in general would've been more successful and Gypsy , Venus & Sexxx Dreams would've been released as singles :giveup:

Alien Tulip

It would have been made the era somewhat more enjoyable but the music still would have sucked for me. Honestly I'm getting so tired of "visual albums" and everyone releasing one. Yes of course I'd like a music video for every song but I'm just so tired of "storylines" and "experiences" when in reality its just music. Music can have a story but I miss the times where you would wait for TRL to air and your favorite pop star would premiere a music video and seeing everyone get excited. That experience is much more entertaining and fun than experiencing music video premiere on a shĂ­tty website, album or application.

Fizzy

It would sell more cuz beyonce was priced as ARTPOP but had 16 tracks and 17 videos. People obviously saw it as value for their money. Getting 33 items

“The scars on my mind are on Replay”

Tropico

The DWUW video already be there meaning the era wouldn't have collapsed then and it would be a hit single and hit album so it would've slayed commercially.

And seeing as I loved the album already, the videos would've made me love it EVEN MORE. :giveup: Can you imagine? A Sexxx Dreams video. An ARTPOP video. A damn Aura video. :giveup: 

♢ Social Justice Enthusiast ♢

Staryu

If it would have been a visual album, I'm sure that the fans who like to talk trash about it 24/7 would have a different opinion. :thetea: 

Cody Draco

If it was a visual album it would've received an AOTY Grammy.

Not just a nomination.

qLEq7Ai.gif

Head Empty

Realistically speaking the entire era would've been moved backward for another 6 months at the least. Seeing as the Applause video was rushed because Gaga hadn't even fully recovered from her hip, doing an entire visual album would've taken a lot of planning, rehearsing and recording - not to mention getting plenty of extra rest for her hip. So the album would have been released in Q2 2014 at the earliest.

I like the idea, but in reality we all know Interscope wouldn't want to delay a release for that long. And the fanbase didn't either.

Archived