music news

Kylie Minogue leaves Roc Nation

Michael

Featured Posts

Michael

64qg5j.jpg

The last two years haven't bought her stellar chart success, and now it's been reported that Kylie Minogue has left Jay Z's management label Roc Nation in a bid to reignite her music career.

46-year-old Kylie is said to have cut ties with the music mogul's company following disappointing chart positions and a lack of lucrative sponsorship deals.

The move follows the star's departure from her record label Parlophone this month after 16 years. The Sun report that Kylie had been left unhappy with how Jay Z's company, who she signed with in February 2013, were managing her career.

An insider has told the paper: 'The deal just didn't work out for either side and she thinks they didn't ever understand her as an artist.'

Representatives for Kylie and Roc Nation have been contacted by the Mail Online.
Artists signed to the Watch the Throne rapper's management company include Rihanna, Shakira, Mark Ronson, M.I.A. and Calvin Harris.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3002175/Kylie-Minogue-leaves-Jay-Z-s-management-firm-Roc-Nation-two-years-disappointing-music-sales.html

RAMROD

Hope her next label understood her better.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ ...𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝒹𝒾𝑒 𝓌𝒾𝓉𝒽 𝒶 𝓈𝓂𝒾𝓁𝑒 (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Spock

:giveup:

What is happening Kylie :giveup:

She truly is having an ARTPOP era :giveup:

who will love me when the night is over

Psychedelic

Kylie needs to find a label that treats her the way she deserves, she is so underrated!

elijahfan

Um Dailymail.... M.I.A. left Roc Nation when she realized they wouldn't let her release the album she wanted to put out, coming to a point where she threatened to leak the thing and pressured them into releasing the goddamn thing. It's not the first time I'm seeing an artist I enjoy being unhappy with Roc Nation. I'm optimistic for Kylie's future in music, especially since she's apparently working hard with Fernando Garibay. The EP they put out a few months ago is my favorite music from Kylie in a while.

Almost all Kylie fans are happy about this. Roc are like this big American corporation that doesn't know how to mange and market a foreign product that is more niche in US.

All they did hook her up with US producers who made her sound less unique. Kylie has always faired bady when she tried to sound more American (from Let's Get To It to Body Language to KMO). They didn't handle the situation with the German promoter going bankrupt very well either.

Miker

Who would know better than Kylie on what she needs to do? Her long lasting success speaks for itself. 

Mars..........or bust!

Jeffrey_This_Way

Good on her for moving on if it just wasn't working out.  I love Kylie, even if I don't listen to her all that often.  

Archived