Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
event

American Horror Story: Hotel - premiers October 7th on FX!

asana15

Featured Posts

Levine

HELLO EVERYONE 

I'm coming in this thread to ask just one thing : can you PLEASE not spoil any element from the show in the thread title in the future ? I'm not saying that's what you do/did, I'm saying this just in case. I'm a AHS stan since day 1 and I really don't want GGD to spoil and ruin the experience.

Thank you

We should create different threads: spoilers - photos from the set etc etc

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jenniferella

We should create different threads: spoilers - photos from the set etc etc

That's a good idea, I hope the mods think about it. Last year, I ruined the experience myself with Freak Show by reading about the plot and watching the set pictures before the show aired and I hated that, I really want to keep it to official promo pictures with Hotel and don't look for informations about this season, I want to be surprised !

"I have been writing LG5 since I was 13"

monketsharona

I wonder if Gaga will be part of the events promoting the show like meetings, red carpets, interviews...

djBuffoon

Yes but "theatrical" acting only works well in... well, theater. Especially when it's supposed to be something goofy like Gaga's performance. This is something completely different.

As an actor myself, I can tell you it's very hard for a person to be able to pull of several "personas". Even the best actors I've seen are stuck to a particular kind of character and have trouble trying to impersonate new characters. So far, the only thing we've seen from Gaga is over-the-top and loud acting and nothing else. That makes me worried.

Ever see Moulin Rouge? Mean Girls? "American Horror Story"? It is totally possible for a theatrical performance to work on film, provided that the actor is being truthful.

And I think that Gaga, at least through her body language alone, has been able to embody many different personas and types. Check out Swinefest, that was pretty much a tour de force of versatility. Whether or not she can read lines convincingly will be interesting, but her brief work in Sin City 2 suggests that she can dial it down to play a "normal' person.

Hauser

HELLO EVERYONE 

I'm coming in this thread to ask just one thing : can you PLEASE not spoil any element from the show in the thread title in the future ? I'm not saying that's what you do/did, I'm saying this just in case. I'm a AHS stan since day 1 and I really don't want GGD to spoil and ruin the experience.

Thank you

I think you will be ok, with the amount of AHS stans (pre-Gaga) that are on this thread nobody likes someone who spoils important info.

Vernier

How reliable is that $40m number? Seems a bit on the high side :emma: 

Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn

asana15

HELLO EVERYONE 

Thank you

You have my word. I control the title. Can't control posts though.

asana15
How reliable is that $40m number? Seems a bit on the high side.

It's in OP, however:

TV shows shot in California can receive up to 25% of qualified expeexpenditures. Fox's AHS season 5 received $9M in credits.

So, on the lower side $9Mx4=$36M.

If it's 20%, then: $9Mx5=$45M.

$40M is smack-dab in the middle. Therefore, around $40m it is.

Blue Jeans

http://thehollywoodbillboard.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/jack-falahee.jpg

Jack Falahee went to the Tisch Shool of Arts ( the same college as Gaga) and both studied acting. 

Jack Falahee plays Connor Walsh in "How to Get Away with Murder" very well. So I think she will do just fine.

Except Jack gratuated and Gaga didn't... plus he had some experience appering in other tv shows and short movies before HTGAWM..

I really hope Gaga can surprise us all with her acting skills tho, i'm in acting school so i'm very critical about the actors performance its nothing against Gaga, its just that as a fan of the show itself before Gaga was even announced i have my concerns.

Destiny is for losers. It’s just a stupid excuse to wait for things to happen instead of making them happen

Jenniferella

You have my word. I control the title. Can't control posts though.

Thank you so much ! Don't worry I'll just stay out of the topic :)

"I have been writing LG5 since I was 13"

GagaMyBlood95

how much Gaga will be paid

If she was payed 2million to sing for 5 minutes, well you guess :proud:

Judas Oyster

It's a great show! You should check it out! Season 2 seems to be everyone's favorite. 

how is the fourth season? :) I watched the second and I liked it, and tried to see the first season but fell asleep :P

Morphine Prince

how is the fourth season? :) I watched the second and I liked it, and tried to see the first season but fell asleep :P

The fourth is ok... I liked it but most fans hate it. 

I love the first season! haha

• Admin unfeatured this topic
  • Jase pinned this topic
  • Admin locked this topic
  • Admin unpinned this topic

Archived