They wouldn't let him go to his own concert. :giveup:

"I don't care if you're ****ing Frank Sinatra, you're not coming in". :air: 

FreePalestine

He had different setlist for the States, since they loved Faith. :wub:

I just found out Monkey is about dating drug addict. :duck:

Why Can't You Do It?
Why can't you set your monkey free?
Always giving in to it -
Do you love the monkey or do you love me?
Why can't you do it
Why do i have to share my baby with a monkey? 

I love this :giveup:

Take me where their eyes can't find us
Without you I may as well just...

FreePalestine

Sister

@lego And what did you think that Monkey was about? LOL :giggle:. I was always confused about Tonight, Tonight, Tonight by Genesis.  Both monkey songs. :toofunny:. That's cute though :hug:

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

@Sister I thought it's about some weird love triangle and he's calling her ex - a monkey. :toofunny: I'm so naive. :air:

FreePalestine

Nirvana

I did not know that we had a George Michael- thread here, I have a lot stuff here yet to see! I have always appreciated him as an artist and as a person, and well, his songs and videos are ICONIC and what a voice! :flutter::giveup: Freedom holds a special meaning to me, and also Praying for time is an exceptionally beautiful song! Unfortunately I have yet to delve into his discography and performances more, but I am definitely going to! I was visiting my mom for several weeks and have not had time.

Yeah, I knew about the monkey -reference, it was also in a Megadeth song line that had to do with drugs (monkey on my back, aching in my bones...), so I figured it out since it bothered me for not knowing what it means. :laughga:

Sister
5 hours ago, lego said:

@Sister I thought it's about some weird love triangle and he's calling her ex - a monkey. :toofunny: I'm so naive. :air:

:toofunny: Dying. I Love this.

8FxEa.gif

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

It is so hard to understand that George is gone... I have followed him since the beginning with Wham... and my nick name here is even connected with him... been using that since the mid 90s because I am a fan of George Michael and Boy George...

2 hours ago, GeorgeDK said:

It is so hard to understand that George is gone... I have followed him since the beginning with Wham... and my nick name here is even connected with him... been using that since the mid 90s because I am a fan of George Michael and Boy George...

omg I feel your pain:giveup::hug: I'm so sorry.😞

I was fan since the 90s. I love the Wham eras too. ❤ Such a brilliant artist and so underrated. :giveup: 

Stay with us in this thread and share memories, his music still lives. Did you have chance to see him live?

I didn't, one of my biggest regrets. :noparty: 

FreePalestine

Thank you... I unfortunately never had the chance to see George in concert... I always wanted to, but I always thought that the chance would arrive at some point... unfortunately it now never will :giveup:

Mostly George was not underrated here in Denmark, most people really liked him, but in the recent years he has not released much music, which of course has meant that less attention has been paid to him... I'm hoping that they will release some of the dance music he has been recording in the recent years... but I somehow doubt it...

I have a lot of memories connected with George, from being bullied in the 80s for wearing an earning with a cross like he did, to meeting my husband and coming out around the same time as George was outed :-)

Older was an important album for me, because 1996 was pretty bad for me, and I found so much comfort in his older album and the singles from that album :-)

Archived