Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Kanye West to headline Glastonbury 2015!

Sexxx

Featured Posts

Sexxx

Hip-hop star will top the bill on the Pyramid Stage on the Saturday night of the festival

1000.jpg

Kanye West has been announced as the Saturday night headliner at Glastonbury. The hip-hop superstar joins Foo Fighters, who headline the Friday night. The Sunday night headliner has not yet been announced.

When Jay Z became the first hip-hop act to headline Glastonbury in 2008, it was a matter of some controversy, with Noel Gallagher insisting it was “wrong” to have a hip-hop headliner. In the event, his set was a triumph, and he opened his set with a version of Wonderwall. This will be West’s first appearance at the festival.

There’s likely to be less fuss about West, not just because the doors to hip-hop in the top slot have been broken down, but also because of West’s status as one of the biggest stars in the world. He’s also displayed himself a master of manipulating the media: this year alone he has teased the world with news of his latest album, So Help Me God, dramatic appearances at the Brits and the Grammys, and a secret show at Koko in London.

His live sets are notoriously unpredictable. At the Wireless festival in London last summer he was reportedly booed after pausing the music to offer the crowd an extensive mid-set rant. On the other hand, his Watch the Throne tour with Jay-Z was regarded as one of the greatest hip-hop tours ever.

Whatever else might happen, it’s unlikely West’s Glastonbury appearance will be uneventful.

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2015/mar/16/kanye-west-to-headline-glastonbury-2015

:excited2:

artRaver

I somewhat hope someone jumps on stage and ruin his set. :fan:

✿ cherry blossom girl ✿

Underneath

This could be so amazing :giveup: But knowing him and his attitude and his antics, he'll probably ruin it... :noparty: 

tumblr_nad38928SP1qivigxo1_500.gif

Michael

I hope he does something really messy like a 45 minute rant about consumerism :excited2:

I wish I was going.

Goldfish

Dolly will still outshine them all tbh, she was just amazing. 

I invented post-its

Archived